SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures 2011

gfhockey

Schlossman's last tweet indicates it's Genoway who's being courted to sign by the Wild but no confirmation yet

Nice to see that he'll be in the Minnesota system, it'll be tough to crack into the lineup with Minnesota considering their defensive prospects, but still great for him. I don't think we've seen the last of Chay in Grand Forks. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back coaching at UND.

• Upvote 1

Nice to see that he'll be in the Minnesota system, it'll be tough to crack into the lineup with Minnesota considering their defensive prospects, but still great for him. I don't think we've seen the last of Chay in Grand Forks. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back coaching at UND.

Bingo. He will be at UND in some capacity in the future once he goes for his dreams. Good luck to you Chay, you have been a stellar captain.

Bingo. He will be at UND in some capacity in the future once he goes for his dreams. Good luck to you Chay, you have been a stellar captain.

I said it in an different thread but next year really could be a rebuilding year. :(

Rebuilding can really happen anytime when recruits don't pan out as expected. However, UND has two really big things going for it next year: defense and goaltending. Those two things are crucial to tournament runs. UND will return a great D-corps and possibly two very proven goaltenders. Obviously scoring is important, as they learned this year, but some of the underclassmen forwards will return to lead that charge. I'm REALLY hoping Gregoire stays above all others.

Rebuilding can really happen anytime when recruits don't pan out as expected. However, UND has two really big things going for it next year: defense and goaltending. Those two things are crucial to tournament runs. UND will return a great D-corps and possibly two very proven goaltenders. Obviously scoring is important, as they learned this year, but some of the underclassmen forwards will return to lead that charge. I'm REALLY hoping Gregoire stays above all others.

agree. however, should JG,Hextal, Blood and Kristo leave you will have no real proven scorers returning(knight is more of a set up man) and a bunch of grinders with an unproven freshman class. we would go from having four d coming back with 2 freshman on a regular basis to 3 vets and 3 freshman-ouch. geez, we go from a senior class where no one left to one that could postentially be just 2-eids and mario from a class of seven at the start.

agree. however, should JG,Hextal, Blood and Kristo leave you will have no real proven scorers returning(knight is more of a set up man) and a bunch of grinders with an unproven freshman class. we would go from having four d coming back with 2 freshman on a regular basis to 3 vets and 3 freshman-ouch. geez, we go from a senior class where no one left to one that could postentially be just 2-eids and mario from a class of seven at the start.

Yeah, it's pretty special when a class stays together til the end like the last one did. I count the following IF Blood leaves:

Gleason

Mac

Forbort

Simpson

Plus Hill and a couple freshmen, so a pretty solid group. I think Gleason will make big strides into becoming UND's main puck-moving defenseman. Mac, Forbort, and Simpson should be beasts back there.

Nelson could be a force with a few more pounds. He started finding the back of the net with some regularity at the end of the season. I'm also looking forward to Rodwell's progression.

Let's just say everyone stays then we can worry about the Icebreaker. :D

with what may happen this off season with graduation and potential early departures it really makes a person appreciate what happened this past season and what was accomplished despite coming up a little short at the Frozen Four. It really reminds me of what wisconsin and denver had happen to them last off season.

The year I wished would never end. I knew we would see a few players leave but I am never ready for it.

I don't think a guy on KFAN chat is a reliable source. I will wait till I see it by a reputible source. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Also, if Kristo leaves it's not because he stopped attending classes. You put the cart in front of the horse. If Kristo has stopped attending classes, it's because he's already decided to leave.

He could have already dropped most of his classes given the fact that he was in the hospital in St. Paul for half the semester....

I don't think a guy on KFAN chat is a reliable source. I will wait till I see it by a reputible source. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Agreed. KFAN - AM radio is a frickin' joke, especially when it comes to college hockey coverage. The only redeeming quality are the Beyond the Pond boys on Saturday mornings.

Agreed. KFAN - AM radio is a frickin' joke, especially when it comes to college hockey coverage. The only redeeming quality are the Beyond the Pond boys on Saturday mornings.

I think Ryan Cardinal does ok, but yeah they are lacking for the most part in college hockey coverage.

He could have already dropped most of his classes given the fact that he was in the hospital in St. Paul for half the semester....

doubt it. if he dropped most of his classes it would probably put him under 12 credits which would make him a part time student and therefor ineligible to play hockey.