SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Bulldogs

dj_hoime

Wow, reading all these posts you would think paint thinner nation has relocated from Wisconsin to Grand Forks. Duluth is a bad team, blah blah blah, the fighting cultural genocides should walk all over them, blah blah blah. This is D 1 hockey kids and we are in the WCHA. The talent levels aren't that much greater where you should just be able to walk in and beat teams. The Bulldogs are a very good team this year, not anywhere near great, but very above average. They out hustled your team and took the body hard the 1st and 2nd period and got a fluky goal that was somewhat earned by hard work. I keep hearing about your teams weak goals but no one wants to talk about how weak your goals were? Or in your eyes if your team works hard that makes them good goals but the same isn't said about the other team? Your first goal was weak as hell. Our guy fans on a wide open clearing attempt and you get a lay up. Yeah, that was a sniper goal, right? :D Then your awesome 2nd goal, where a puck is bouncing on ice that looks worse than the surface at the decc and your boy gets lucky enough to be the player that gets wood on the stick. Yep, another great goal. :D

Last time I checked you don't have to be a great team to win games, just ask Michigan state.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After last nights game, I was wondering what the heck happended to the floor checking....what good is it having a 6-7 defenseman, and playing him soft. Not one bulldog found his butt on the ice last night. The sioux have always been know for setting the physical tone of a game, but not this year.

The sioux unfortunately are just an average team this year. I'm being very positive in hoping for a split next weekend in Denver, but at the moment, that is some positive hopefull thinking. Perhaps this team needs a wakeup call, but after last night's loss to a UMD that was just looking to be swept.....not sure what can fire this team up.

The sun'll come out tomorrow...if ya hold on 'til tomorrow...there'll be sun...

I just stick out my chin and grin and say.........oh........the sun will come out in Denver...but ya gotta hang on till Denver!!...come what may.... biggrin.gif

tomorrow tomorrow I'll love you tomorrow .....but not today :D

I'm going to say it: This team needs to grow up. Fast.

POINT ONE:

This team doesn't come prepared to play on Saturdays. I suspect it has something to do with what it does after a Friday home win.

Don't tell me this non-sense about how the opponent stews about a loss all day Saturday in a hotel and comes in with more fire. That team is on the road and not sleeping in their own beds, eating road food.

The home team has it easier because they can be in their routine, at home. But if that routine includes (yeah, I'm gonna say it, because I'm thinking it) Judy's or similar on a Friday of course they aren't going to be sharp Saturday. They were not sharp Saturday. They looked sluggish. They looked slow. They looked off. They looked hung over. I hope I am wrong, but that's how they performed; that's how they looked.

I pay for season tickets to see two sharp performances, win or lose. I deserve a refund for Saturday against both UMD and CC. And I deserve an explanation of what caused the poor performance. And if it's poor choices I deserve an apology. So do the rest of you.

POINT TWO:

Saturday should be a stern warning to this team. They've been very lucky the last couple of seasons.

Every second-half bounce went their way. Even so, they were the last "at large" bid to the NCAAs last year. The last. As in one bad bounce from no bid. As in an 80-footer going in, or a cross-bar, and stay home. Sound like last night?

This team has all of the returning talent. It should have itself in a position that it is a sure-fire lock for the NCAAs before the second half. Instead we have splits at home and a questionable record.

With previous teams I preached patience because they were young. There is no excuse for this team: It is failing to meet expectations. It needs to grow up and start meeting expectations. And quit expecting to "turn it on". It could bite you. It might not happen.

This "unfinished business" talk is hollow until you follow through.

You are failing to show you are serious.

POINT ONE:

This team doesn't come prepared to play on Saturdays. I suspect it has something to do with what it does after a Friday home win.

Don't tell me this non-sense about how the opponent stews about a loss all day Saturday in a hotel and comes in with more fire. That team is on the road and not sleeping in their own beds, eating road food.

The home team has it easier because they can be in their routine, at home. But if that routine includes (yeah, I'm gonna say it, because I'm thinking it) Judy's or similar on a Friday of course they aren't going to be sharp Saturday. They were not sharp Saturday. They looked sluggish. They looked slow. They looked off. They looked hung over. I hope I am wrong, but that's how they performed; that's how they looked.

I pay for season tickets to see two sharp performances, win or lose. I deserve a refund for Saturday against both UMD and CC. And I deserve an explanation of what caused the poor performance. And if it's poor choices I deserve an apology. So do the rest of you.

POINT TWO:

Saturday should be a stern warning to this team. They've been very lucky the last couple of seasons.

Every second-half bounce went their way. Even so, they were the last "at large" bid to the NCAAs last year. The last. As in one bad bounce from no bid. As in an 80-footer going in, or a cross-bar, and stay home. Sound like last night?

This team has all of the returning talent. It should have itself in a position that it is a sure-fire lock for the NCAAs before the second half. Instead we have splits at home and a questionable record.

With previous teams I preached patience because they were young. There is no excuse for this team: It is failing to meet expectations. It needs to grow up and start meeting expectations. And quit expecting to "turn it on". It could bite you. It might not happen.

I'm with you here. But after reading this rant, I would think you would have sided with me on the Chappell injury issue on the FB thread?? :D

After last nights game, I was wondering what the heck happended to the floor checking....what good is it having a 6-7 defenseman, and playing him soft. Not one bulldog found his butt on the ice last night. The sioux have always been know for setting the physical tone of a game, but not this year.

The sioux unfortunately are just an average team this year. I'm being very positive in hoping for a split next weekend in Denver, but at the moment, that is some positive hopefull thinking. Perhaps this team needs a wakeup call, but after last night's loss to a UMD that was just looking to be swept.....not sure what can fire this team up.

In case you havent noticed our 6-7 defensemen is one of our worst defensmen on the team. I dont know if anyone else was paying attention but I missed Duluths third goal last night because I was busy watching Finley spear a guy at center ice. He is to slow and he seems nervous out on the ice he never holds the puck for more then 5 seconds at a time. Lapoint and Marto have come in and played good it was sweet to see marto on the ice at the end of the game with the goalie pulled. I think we're better then average this year but when fluky stuff happens like that third goal it makes me wonder if maybe luck isn't on our side this year but I hope im wrong. Im sure things will turn around soon maybe Hak needs to switch up the lines a little bit. Just my opinion

average? i mean, didn't we get to the last 3 frozen fours in a row? id say thats better than average....

Credit to all the players of the past (and current players) who played on those frozen four teams. Personally, Im elated that they made it, but not happy or satisfied of the fact that we have been unable to get a champioship. I state that we are an average team, because they are playing as such. A champioship team needs to learn how to play tough all year round, and prepare themselves for the tough competition that comes with the NCAA tourney.

Perhpas as suggested, a line change needs to be made, but just on the saturday night. In addition, maybe the off the ice attitudes and preperation for the next game also needs to change.

POINT ONE:

POINT TWO:

Season's over. :D

Folks dont't get all lathered up! WE WILL SWEEP NEXT WEEKEND`` I would think you all would have learned''' it is november shame on you people!!

It would be nice to see one of Haks' teams actually run the table and dominate the WCHA from the preseason with Manitoba to the playoffs and FF. "Half-stepping" it until December/January in this league can only go for so long, and it's wearing mighty thin.

It would be nice to see one of Haks' teams actually run the table and dominate the WCHA from the preseason with Manitoba to the playoffs and FF. "Half-stepping" it until December/January in this league can only go for so long, and it's wearing mighty thin.

That's pretty unlikely. The other teams aren't playing to lose.

POINT ONE:

POINT TWO:

This team's road performance so far has been fine. The thing that is so annoying is the continued lack of home ice pride. This team talks a good talk, but the walk is more like a limp on Saturdays. When you have 10,000 fans on a consistent basis, I find it hard to take that the team comes out flat as a routine.

This year, several leaders on the team stated they wanted a "fast start". Does one more win than non-wins qualify? I think not. Therefore, by their own definition, they have disappointed. And, the late season miraculous winning streaks can not happen every time. UND needs to get it going early this year.