SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Bulldogs

dj_hoime

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of those Saturday's where Sioux fans just have to suck it up. Have to admit I'm a bit surprised at UND's rather mediocre showing thus far this season. Thought that was the whole point of our stars coming back. I think the WCHA is loaded, and UND is just average at best. The McNaughton just seems so far away now.

taz still diggin Sioux hockey

One of those Saturday's where Sioux fans just have to suck it up. Have to admit I'm a bit surprised at UND's rather mediocre showing thus far this season. Thought that was the whole point of our stars coming back. I think the WCHA is loaded, and UND is just average at best right now. The McNaughton just seems so far away now.

Have you watched the last two season's?? We've been loaded both those years and eventually turn it around. Not surprised a bit yet. Not worried yet either.

not too much to say, the sioux still can't seem to find that killer instinct, sounds like umd played a solid game, but the sioux gave two points away. umd is an inferior team that we should have beat twice. this team better fix whats ailing them before long... it is going to be a long road to the top of the wcha, let alone #8. it's a fun team to watch, with an abundance of talent and great players on and off the ice, so i sure hope things start to turn around. let's go sioux!!

Hak Post-Game Comments:

We had a decent first period. The 2nd period is what hurt us. We didn't give ourselves a chance in the 2nd. Duluth played very good, and we knew they would do that. Came out of the 2nd down by 1, and it turns out, that's the difference in the game.

We generated opportunities in the 3rd period, which is what you have to do against a team like Duluth, but you can't do it for 2 out of 3 periods.

Duluth played very well, very hard, and that's what we expected. They did a good job. Like I said, you can't play 2 out of the 3 and expect to win in this league.

After the mid-ice shot, and we still had opportunities after that. That's just a bounce of the puck. The other two goals allowed are issues that we can control. More disappointed with the first 2 goals.

I'll go back to the 2nd period, we just didn't get anything accomplished. We had a total of 4 shots on goal. This is our home building. You need to take control in your own building. We said in the locker room that it was a critical period, and we didn't go out and play like it.

One of those Saturday's where Sioux fans just have to suck it up. Have to admit I'm a bit surprised at UND's rather mediocre showing thus far this season. Thought that was the whole point of our stars coming back. I think the WCHA is loaded, and UND is just average at best. The McNaughton just seems so far away now.

I'm not really surprised, and the inability to make REA our own is getting really old. Haks' teams seem to be loaded with talented underachievers who really don't play to their potential until January or later. Yeah, we've been to the FF every season he's coached, but in a league that's usually full of talent and hard work that "we'll catch 'em in the Spring" attitude can come back to bite you.

Have you watched the last two season's?? We've been loaded both those years and eventually turn it around. Not surprised a bit yet. Not worried yet either.

Worried? No. Dissapointed? Absolutely. I'd rather establish some home ice dominance and contend for the regular season title. Plus, it's much better to have some wiggle room going into the playoffs rather than starting them in January.

Not ragging on the boys. Just disappointed. Nothing a sweep of DU and the Goofer couldn't cure.

taz

They always seem to turn it around right around christmas, but it's getting a little annoying. With a few of the juniors coming back, this wasn't supposed to happen. They shouldn't need time to gel and find their groove.

Did I just hear Hak right? 4 shots on goal in the 3rd? :D

Edit: just went back and read the comments. 4 in the 2nd.

Worried? No. Dissapointed? Absolutely. I'd rather establish some home ice dominance and contend for the regular season title. Plus, it's much better to have some wiggle room going into the playoffs rather than starting them in January.

Not ragging on the boys. Just disappointed. Nothing a sweep of DU and the Goofer couldn't cure.

taz

I agree that this pre-Xmas hockey is getting old. I was a lot more worried last year at this time,and things just got worse in December. I'm hoping that we don't take that route again this year. Times like this is when I miss Blais. He had a great talent of turning his guys play around throughout the season. He'd also let you know, right on the radio, who he thought was playing lousy. It gave you a better perspective of what's running through the coaches mind. Hak has opened up more, but he still hasn't figured out how to get his guys to perform consistently prior to Xmas.

They always seem to turn it around right around christmas, but it's getting a little annoying. With a few of the juniors coming back, this wasn't supposed to happen. They shouldn't need time to gel and find their groove.

Did I just hear Hak right? 4 shots on goal in the 3rd? :D

Edit: just went back and read the comments. 4 in the 2nd.

4 shots in the 2nd, and the first one didn't come until quite a ways into it. Neither team played that great in the 2nd, but it's unacceptable. I'm sure Sandelin wasn't happy with his team's performance in that period, even though they did get a goal.

If this team is going to hang some banners this year, this splitting at home nonsense is going to have to stop. :D I am sick and tired of hearing what a good team Duluth is; they are better than last year but they are still a second division team that we should sweep at home, no questions asked. This team has shown what they are capable of at times this season (last night's third period for instance), but then they lapse back into going through the motions and not playing with any energy or jump. We are still .500 in the league and if we don't start sweeping some teams, we will be back in that familiar position of fighting for "the fifth and final home playoff spot in the WCHA". This team has much, much more talent than that. But if they don't start bringing it every game and start taking care of business at home, fifth is the best we can hope for. :D

Yeah. That was a bummer. I think that I may have watched the game with two jinx that I know.

They have been good fans, great fans even. Not a bad word out of their mouths the whole game. And the boys

still lost.

We talked about whether it might be a good idea to jump on a bad mouth wagon, or even more exciting,

to see how fun it would be to hit the panic button. We looked at each other and said, "Nah, it's only the end of November.

Dalut is a good teem." Then we went out to live our lives for the night. They on a sleepover. Me in the bars.

I am sure glad that I am not expected to perform night after night after night like the Sioux are.

Sometimes some learn more from losing than they do from winning. Especially at this time of year.

Everyone take two powders. We'll all be better in the morning.

Go Sioux!

Yeah. That was a bummer. I think that I may have watched the game with two jinx that I know.

They have been good fans, great fans even. Not a bad word out of their mouths the whole game. And the boys

still lost.

We talked about whether it might be a good idea to jump on a bad mouth wagon, or even more exciting,

to see how fun it would be to hit the panic button. We looked at each other and said, "Nah, it's only the end of November.

Dalut is a good teem." Then we went out to live our lives for the night. They on a sleepover. Me in the bars.

I am sure glad that I am not expected to perform night after night after night like the Sioux are.

Sometimes some learn more from losing than they do from winning. Especially at this time of year.

Everyone take two powders. We'll all be better in the morning.

Go Sioux!

The sun'll come out tomorrow...if ya hold on 'til tomorrow...there'll be sun...

We definitely didn't play with any fire. We look like a team that doesn't care right now. I noticed a lot of trouble from the D corps getting the breakout going. Clearly the 50 foot goal was a game changer, but as Hak said, we certainly had more opportunities before and after.

I would put Chay back in at D when he is healthy. He makes a big difference back there.

Key stat of the weekend: UND 0-fer on the pp.

Very disappointed in another split. This was a very winnable game. We gave away 2 big points.

CC is clearly the cream of the WCHA, and along with Michigan and Miami, the cream of college hockey right now. Denver and UND look like good teams, but not in the same league of the other 3.

Very disappointing loss. The boys need to get fired up.