SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Bulldogs

dj_hoime

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. That was a bummer. I think that I may have watched the game with two jinx that I know.

They have been good fans, great fans even. Not a bad word out of their mouths the whole game. And the boys

still lost.

We talked about whether it might be a good idea to jump on a bad mouth wagon, or even more exciting,

to see how fun it would be to hit the panic button. We looked at each other and said, "Nah, it's only the end of November.

Dalut is a good teem." Then we went out to live our lives for the night. They on a sleepover. Me in the bars.

I am sure glad that I am not expected to perform night after night after night like the Sioux are.

Sometimes some learn more from losing than they do from winning. Especially at this time of year.

Everyone take two powders. We'll all be better in the morning.

Go Sioux!

You are a poet, sir. Although this is more of a Finnegan's Wake-style work. I'm not quite sure what you just said.

I only saw the first two periods as I was traveling home after a holiday weekend, but if I can say one positive thing about the game, it would be the play of Marto. He puts the puck right on guys stick and he had a beautiful one-timer tonight. It didn't result in anything, but if he keeps getting looks like that, eventually, they're going to find net.

I have to agree with people who are getting a little sick of these starts. I'm a new poster, but I've read the boards for awhile now. The last two years we've turned it around, and I don't doubt that we can't do it again this year. One of my first posts on here was about how it's fine for us fans to just assume that the lights will turn on at some point and we'll play lights out, but if the players start to believe that's become the new definition of Fighting Sioux hockey, then we've got a problem.

One difference between this year and the past two years was the talent we brought back this year. We're always talented and we did lose some pretty impressive players off last year's squad, but we brought back more than we have in awhile. That's why this year's start is disappointing. I guess I am an old-timer who's still hanging on to the idea that our hockey program can compete with the best teams in the WCHA for a whole season, not just the last month.

Big weekend coming up, where hopefully our team can decide whether they want to be great or just good, because a young fan looking up at the rafters at REA 25 years from now isn't going care whether or not a team played awesome for one month and almost won a title. They're going to see the WCHA and NCAA championship banners and remember the great Sioux teams of old. We've had very good teams the past several years, but it's been awhile since we've been great. It's not too late for this season, but they do need to find themselves soon.

CAN YOU SAY de ja vu, think thats how you spell it, we will be a 4 games over .500 tea until break then we will turn it on. its a custom under coach hakstol. seriously. its been this way for 3 + years now and will continue for who knows what reason. crazy...long live the sioux and we are a splitsville team til anuary, just face it....go siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ohyeah, im a poet and dont even no it :D

see ya all at the ralph in 2 weeks . if you c me, its shot time, or beer time...we had a good turn out tonight in mesa, az at o sullivans until the half court shot that went in, we are who we thought we are :D a .600 team until break then its on like donky kong with a ten inch shlong

I only saw the first two periods as I was traveling home after a holiday weekend, but if I can say one positive thing about the game, it would be the play of Marto. He puts the puck right on guys stick and he had a beautiful one-timer tonight. It didn't result in anything, but if he keeps getting looks like that, eventually, they're going to find net.

I have to agree with people who are getting a little sick of these starts. I'm a new poster, but I've read the boards for awhile now. The last two years we've turned it around, and I don't doubt that we can't do it again this year. One of my first posts on here was about how it's fine for us fans to just assume that the lights will turn on at some point and we'll play lights out, but if the players start to believe that's become the new definition of Fighting Sioux hockey, then we've got a problem.

One difference between this year and the past two years was the talent we brought back this year. We're always talented and we did lose some pretty impressive players off last year's squad, but we brought back more than we have in awhile. That's why this year's start is disappointing. I guess I am an old-timer who's still hanging on to the idea that our hockey program can compete with the best teams in the WCHA for a whole season, not just the last month.

Big weekend coming up, where hopefully our team can decide whether they want to be great or just good, because a young fan looking up at the rafters at REA 25 years from now isn't going care whether or not a team played awesome for one month and almost won a title. They're going to see the WCHA and NCAA championship banners and remember the great Sioux teams of old. We've had very good teams the past several years, but it's been awhile since we've been great. It's not too late for this season, but they do need to find themselves soon.

Great post.

I am sick and tired of hearing what a good team Duluth is; they are better than last year but they are still a second division team that we should sweep at home, no questions asked.

Second Division team? And who besides the Sioux would be first division? The 2-4-0 BADgers? The 3-5-0 Gophs? Is Tech a second division team? We all know the "second division" is the EZAC. :D

Second Division team? And who besides the Sioux would be first division? The 2-4-0 BADgers? The 3-5-0 Gophs? Is Tech a second division team? We all know the "second division" is the EZAC. :D

The badgers may be 2-4 but they just came off of a come back tie against MS (who is playing a lot better than when we beat them in Oct) and have 2 games in hand on ND. They're next 4 games are against SCSU and Mankato. If the sue keep playing to split, the badgers will pass them too. A sweep at Denver is unlikely as is the home series against Mn. Here we go again, another slow start and we'll be scrambling for home ice down the stretch.

After yet another split at home, and a very AVERAGE looking 4-4 start in the WCHA, I have to change my tune. This team has disappointed so far. I can cut them some slack for a few weeks at the beginning, but after 11 games, they have to be in a routine. And, the status quo is not satisfying.

Just got home and was at both games.

1) JPL is not looking as solid as early on. He gave up a ton of rebounds this weekend.

2) Power play looks lost--although looked better last night.

3) Too many guys not producing up to their abilities--I'll single out Zajac, Miller for starters.

4) But the biggest thing and it has been mentioned before is inconsistancy. How about looking intersested on a Sat. night at home??

But on a positive, the Freshman class is more than solid. I thought one of UND's best players all weekend as Trupp. LaPointe and Marto are both better than advertised.

IF we get out of Denver with no points next weekend, then I think UND will have a big hill to climb. A split and then at home vs. the Goofs. I could see 2 to 6 points over the next 4 games. Genoway looked to be in really bad shape going off the ice on Fri.

LaPoint has been nothing but the real deal. He's been a top 2 defenseman on our team defensively, and now that he's starting to contribute on offense a bit, it's really helping the team. Marto is solid, but nowhere near LaPoint. He, again, has been out of position a few times and was lucky not to have Duluth put one in on him.

I think Chorney has more than struggled defensively. He gets caught on the transition too many times...however he's stopped his fair share as well. I also think Taylor has forced too many shots from the point offensively.

LaPoint has been nothing but the real deal. He's been a top 2 defenseman on our team defensively, and now that he's starting to contribute on offense a bit, it's really helping the team. Marto is solid, but nowhere near LaPoint. He, again, has been out of position a few times and was lucky not to have Duluth put one in on him.

I think Chorney has more than struggled defensively. He gets caught on the transition too many times...however he's stopped his fair share as well. I also think Taylor has forced too many shots from the point offensively.

taylor had a bad game last night. the first ive seen from him in a long while. hes our best d man overall and one of the best in the nation and i hope he keeps shooting! i like lapoints play as well, slid overall. marto and lapoint will have their ups and downs. they are 2 of our 6 d man now and will be probably the whole season. i like the d overall and they will be a big reason o where we end up at the end.

taylor had a bad game last night. the first ive seen from him in a long while. hes our best d man overall and one of the best in the nation and i hope he keeps shooting! i like lapoints play as well, slid overall. marto and lapoint will have their ups and downs. they are 2 of our 6 d man now and will be probably the whole season. i like the d overall and they will be a big reason o where we end up at the end.

I like that Taylor shoots, I just think sometimes he needs to pick better times to pull the trigger. I definitely didn't think last night was Taylor's worst game either. He's struggled all season with the exception of a couple games.

I like that Taylor shoots, I just think sometimes he needs to pick better times to pull the trigger. I definitely didn't think last night was Taylor's worst game either. He's struggled all season with the exception of a couple games.

how has he struggled in every game but 2? sorry, dont buy that

The loss is on me, as I once again watched at Sensers. I have a fairly poor record there. Kind of like Sioux first-half starts.

Nice to meet Sioux 7>5. Thanks for the offer of joining you at your table.

actually I need to take full responsability for this loss. I wore my white sioux jersey to see if I could break the bad karma it has and it didn't. the Sioux are 1-7 over the last five years when I wear it. this puts me in a spot being saturday the 8th is white out night and that is the only white pc of Sioux clothing I have, I might need to spring for a new jersey before then.

As a pre-season All-American, he hasn't played close to that level or to his last year's level. His turnover that got UMD the second goal to me was the play that killed us last night. Bad turnover leads to a bad goal.

All you gotta do is watch the games...

1) He forces too many shots/passes offensively

2) Gets caught out of position too many times defensively for a player of his caliber

3) Has been transitioning poorly

I've been watching him closely because since everyone said he was likely to leave, and then he came back, I've really watched him, among other defensive guys. He does tons of good still, but I don't think he's found his rhythm yet. When he plays his best, he's easily one of the best, if not the best defenseman in the NCAA. I just haven't seen it yet this year on a consistent basis. All you gotta do is watch. It may change starting next week, I'm just calling it like I've seen it so far. Just because someone is labeled as a great player doesn't mean they play great all the time.