SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux vs. Bulldogs

dj_hoime

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which should mean nothing if our guys actually play to win.

Yes, every team should cower in fear of the Might Fighting Sioux, who do they think they are? They have an awful lot of nerve even stepping on the ice with us. Don't they know we are supposed to win every game. What is wrong with these other teams not bowing down to us and letting us win.

Didn't play real well on Friday, but the dam broke on UMD in the 3rd. JPL wasn't real sharp on Fri. either. So UND wins a game handily when they weren't sharp in any phase--the PP looks pathetic. So then they come out Sat. with no real jump and play less than stellar again. They did have their moments Sat. and got a jump after tying it at 2. They looked stronger 4 on 4, but a bounce killed them when it shouldn't have come down to that. UMD, is at best when it is all said and done, a 5 or 6 team in the WCHA. This was a series sweep UND should of had. Now again we are talking about the second half surge. To me anything less than 4 wins in the next 6 games will not set up well for the second half or Pairwise. A split this weekend at worse and then get 3 out of 4 at home vs. UM and UNH.

Yes, every team should cower in fear of the Might Fighting Sioux, who do they think they are? They have an awful lot of nerve even stepping on the ice with us. Don't they know we are supposed to win every game. What is wrong with these other teams not bowing down to us and letting us win.

exactly, how can we ever lose? i mean,come on...we wear green and white and should win every game and be undefeated for sure. if not then what the hell is wrong with this team?

seriously, i will worry a bit if we start getting swept weekend after weekend and we are a couple more months into the season and struggling for a ncaa tourney spot. for now im not to worried as we could pull up the last 3 seasons threads at this time of year and copy and paste them word for word probably..it is strange that we do this every season under hak and there has to be some sort of a reason but i have a feeling the guys will step up in denver

Some of us go into each season expecting to win every game, and win the FF. It may or may not happen, but the expectation is valid and it exists. Others are willing to settle for mediocrity and the hope the PWR and the selection committee will save the team's ass in the spring. We know where you stand.

Some of us go into each season expecting to win every game, and win the FF. It may or may not happen, but the expectation is valid and it exists. Others are willing to settle for mediocrity and the hope the PWR and the selection committee will save the team's ass in the spring. We know where you stand.

Winning every game is a valid expectation? :D I bet even Hak would tell you that in a 40 game season that is not a valid expectation. We all appreciate the positive thinking though. I for one am not alarmed by this, they have played 2 bad games so far.

i expect to compete for the ncaa title every year as well and we have had a hell of a shot and have failed the last 3 seasons but also being realistic you arent going to win it every year. look how hard it is to win it, hell we have been there 3 years in a row and lost. i dont think the pairwise have saves anyones ass at UND, when you get in as a 4th seed and are sweating the selection then you have a point. for some reason we dont come out of the blocks scary good but im not gona worry about it right now. we have 3 tough series in a row coming up so hope we can rack up some wins

Winning every game is a valid expectation? :D I bet even Hak would tell you that in a 40 game season that is not a valid expectation.

Seeing people like you gives hope for people like me. And I bet Blais expected all of his teams to run the table, and even if they didn't he made damn sure they at least had the goal when they started dry land training. The result? Two Titles.

Seeing people like you gives hope for people like me. And I bet Blais expected all of his teams to run the table, and even if they didn't he made damn sure they at least had the goal when they started dry land training. The result? Two Titles.

OK, so my "poor attitude" is bringing the team down. Shame on me. The fact of the matter is people, the WCHA is the toughest conference with the best players in all of college hockey. It is not a "glass is half empty" mentality to think we may have a few losses during the season. It is a realistic expectation, that some nights, some of these teams may get the best of our boys. Now if you say I expect the boys to put forth a 110% effort for every game, that sounds like a more realistic expectation than I expect them to win every game. For the record, I have never heard any of the coaching staff ever mutter the words "we should win every game."

Take off your Blais-colored glasses.

FYI - I believe Dean Blais hired Dave Hakstol. Do you think Blais made a bad choice?

Make sure you come back to the board and bash the coaching staff after they make their annual trip to the Final 5 finals and Frozen 4. And if we get hot and win it all, coaching will have had nothing to do with it.

Take off your Blais-colored glasses.

FYI - I believe Dean Blais hired Dave Hakstol. Do you think Blais made a bad choice?

Make sure you come back to the board and bash the coaching staff after they make their annual trip to the Final 5 finals and Frozen 4. And if we get hot and win it all, coaching will have had nothing to do with it.

Oh gee, another trip to the FF for a "Participant" ribbon? Wow. I must be mistakenly posting on an SCCC board. Good to see you and some others have your sights set so high.

The loss is on me, as I once again watched at Sensers. I have a fairly poor record there. Kind of like Sioux first-half starts.

Nice to meet Sioux 7>5. Thanks for the offer of joining you at your table.

It was also nice to have meet you. The one thing I really enjoy is meeting other Sioux fans, everyone is really nice.