SiouxSports.com Forum

Unofficial Sioux Hockey Playlist

Big A HG

It's interesting how individualized the taste in music can be. If I were going to start a list of banned artists it would start with the Village People.

I am with you on that one. YMCA has been beaten to death at games over the years, so has Rock and Roll Part II. I would prefer a mix of rock tunes (from 1980's onward); that always fits in nicely at hockey games.

Well...with some help from a few of my friends and a lot of you here on in the forums, I finally have the REA Hockey Playlist complete. It's been done for awhile, but haven't posted it. I figured I would share it with y'all so when you are needing a hockey fix or having a party of some sort you have some songs you can listen to.

I put them in an order that makes sense in the order you'd hear them at the Ralph.

1) Miseria Cantare - AFI (Intro song before the players came out of the locker room)

--------------------

2) The Kids Aren't All Right - Offspring (these songs are the songs played during warmups

3) Not Listening - Papa Roach

4) Follow - Breaking Benjamin

5) Heroes - Shinedown

6) Keep Away - Godsmack

-------------------

7) Wasted Years - Iron Maiden (These songs are the two songs played during the pump-up video)

8) The Slam - Toby Mac

-------------------

9) Sirius - Alan Parsons Project (Intro music)

-------------------

10) Right Now - Van Halen (Crowd pump-up songs before)

11) Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses

-------------------

12) Saturday Night's Alright (for Fighting) - Nickelback (Random songs heard throughout games)

13) Boom - P.O.D.

14) Stand Up and Cheer - Sioux band (songs are on SiouxSports.com -- thank you!)

15) Song 2 - Blur

16) Copa Cabana - Barry Manilow

17) Machine Head - Bush

18) In Heaven There is No Beer - Sioux band

19) Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne

20) Raise a Little Hell - Trooper (or should I say Triouxper ??? )

21) The Way You Move - Outkast

22) Hit Me With Your Best Shot - Pat Benetar

23) Fight On Sioux - Sioux band

24) Slow Ride - Foghat

25) Cecilia - Simon and Garfunkel

26) Hold Your Head Up - Argent

27) Blue Monday - Orgy

28) Beds are Burning - Midnight Oil

29) It's For You - Sioux band

30) Hey Ya - Outkast

31) The Good Old Hockey Game - Stompin' Tom Connors

32) I Love Rock and Roll - Joan Jett

33) The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult

I'm sure there are other random ones, but I have all the ones year here weekly...I think.

(Disclaimer: Please purchase all your music :silly: )

ENJOY!

34) Get it on last song played by the band

Isn't Into the Air by Phil Collins played during the video right before lineups are announced? Like before they come out?

In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins is used after warm ups on Friday nights when they also cycle the scoreboard video screens through a bunch of old photos and various quotes from historical figures. I personally love sitting there through that and looking at the old photos and reading the quotes as it really makes the Sioux tradition sink it. On Saturday nights they use a U2 song and I can't say I like that nearly as much.

The song they play right before the players hit the ice, when they cycle the scoreboard video through player pictures, is Miseria Cantare, as indicated at the start of this whole thread. Love that song too.

From what I hear on TV, when I hear Spongebob music, or that stupid frog music or whatever it's called, I cringe. Keep those childish tunes away from the rink.

I can understand that point of view from a purist perspective, but most people with kids probably understand. Ya gotta throw the little ones a bone or two like that to keep them into it and engaged. One would like to think the hockey is enough, but the games get to be real long for them. The Sioux fans of tomorrow are the little tikes of today and I can put up with Spongebob if it helps keep kids happy. Now if only a miracle occurs and somehow they can actually be SIOUX fans. I've spent 5 years brainwashing my son and trying to explain the possible disappearance of the name is tough.

Man that is a awesome song....

I might not agree on it's awesomeness, but I feel like people wouldn't even realize if it wasn't played any more. Single Ladies should be ditched too. I often wonder how they determine what they're going to play and when they're going to play it because sometimes a song can just kill a crowd.

I might not agree on it's awesomeness, but I feel like people wouldn't even realize if it wasn't played any more. Single Ladies should be ditched too. I often wonder how they determine what they're going to play and when they're going to play it because sometimes a song can just kill a crowd.

I agree Single Ladies has got to go! That song has no business being played at any sporting event!

Saturday Nights Alright? That one?

Nope, it's the one of the all the quick shots of the ralph (and I remember there is a bit with all the monitors starting up in the press box). It's right before the starting lineup.

Since we are on the topic of pre-game songs and videos.....

I have always wanted to find the video which they play at the frozen four before each game, it is a highlight of all NCAA sports. I assume they play it at all NCAA tournaments and it shows clips from past NCAA championships in almost every sport competed at the collegiate level. if anyone has any idea where to find the video please let me know. Cheers

• 1 year later...

I really wish someone from the ralph could upload the video they use at the 10 min to gametime or close to that detailing the Sioux titles with audio and video from the title years. It is a very well done video and wish it was available on the internet. Anyone know how to go about getting this?

Here are the songs that I have on my phone or Ipod that are played during warmups or during the games:

- "Diamond Eyes" by Shinedown

- "Awake and Alive" by Skillet (usually played on Saturday nights during warmups)

- "Burn It To the Ground" by Nickelback (usually played on Friday nights during warmups)

- "Chelsea Dagger" (obviously)

- "In the Air Tonight" (obviously)

- "Good Old Hockey Game" (The Hockey Song)

- "Country Boy" by John Denver (always awesome, reminds me of another awesome atmosphere - watching Grizzly football in Missoula)

- "Saturday Nights Alright" by Nickelback and Kid Rock (sorry, no Elton John)

I also want to say that I have heard "No Shelter" by Rage Against the Machine, but maybe I am dreaming or maybe its because I would like to hear it played during warmups :bigsmile:

I really wish someone from the ralph could upload the video they use at the 10 min to gametime or close to that detailing the Sioux titles with audio and video from the title years. It is a very well done video and wish it was available on the internet. Anyone know how to go about getting this?

I don't think you'll ever see REA release these online because these are unique to the experience of attending a game in person.

I don't think you'll ever see REA release these online because these are unique to the experience of attending a game in person.

LOL...because you can't hear "Welcome to the Jungle," "Right Now," or "Chelsea Dagger" at any other hockey venue?

LOL...because you can't hear "Welcome to the Jungle," "Right Now," or "Chelsea Dagger" at any other hockey venue?

He's talking about the "unique videos" and not the music. He is correct, REA will never upload those intro videos to YouTube or Vimeo. If you want to see them and experience them, go to the REA and to a game, that's how it works. I expect nothing less from the people who put long hours in producing and editing those videos.

He's talking about the pregame videos (neither of which uses the songs you mentioned). The Friday video contained quotes, old photos/videos, and highlighted the hard work, determination, and passion associated with Fighting Sioux hockey. The soundtrack was "In the Air Tonight."

The Saturday video contained images of old newspaper headlines; National Championship game footage, audio, and photos; as well as a highlight reel from the last couple of years. The soundtrack was Clint Mansell's "Requiem for a Dream." Out of all the pregame videos I've seen over the years, this one is my favorite.

He's talking about the pregame videos (neither of which uses the songs you mentioned). The Friday video contained quotes, old photos/videos, and highlighted the hard work, determination, and passion associated with Fighting Sioux hockey. The soundtrack was "In the Air Tonight."

The Saturday video contained images of old newspaper headlines; National Championship game footage, audio, and photos; as well as a highlight reel from the last couple of years. The soundtrack was Clint Mansell's "Requiem for a Dream." Out of all the pregame videos I've seen over the years, this one is my favorite.

Duly noted. My point was that I actually know people who were surprised to hear that the Chicago Blackhawks play the same goal song as North Dakota since they thought it was a Grand Forks thing. Videos are a different story.

My personal favorite video was one involving O'Fortuna...I think I recall a version of that from the 2006 regional.

Duly noted. My point was that I actually know people who were surprised to hear that the Chicago Blackhawks play the same goal song as North Dakota since they thought it was a Grand Forks thing. Videos are a different story.

My personal favorite video was one involving O'Fortuna...I think I recall a version of that from the 2006 regional.

That goal song (Chelsea Dagger) needs to go. It's the Hawks goal theme song. I wish the production crew and Sioux team could find an original song of their own.