SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee Watch

Sioux-cia

SiouxForever-

FYI, your not the only person on this board who has played HS hockey, or played with current/former D1 athletes or for that matter played with/against All-American's, Hobey Baker Finalists/winners or NHL all-stars. Just don't look down on those who maybe haven't played organized hockey, you may be surprised on how much an "outsider" might understand about the game. The biggest problem that I have is that you coming off like you think your the second coming of Dean Blais or Herb Brooks, and I pretty sure your not. :bigsmile:

Just ease of on preempting everything you say with "I know a lot about hockey". WHOOPDEY DOO!!! So do a lot of us. :silly:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SiouxForever-

FYI, your not the only person on this board who has played HS hockey, or played with current/former D1 athletes or for that matter played with/against All-American's, Hobey Baker Finalists/winners or NHL all-stars. Just don't look down on those who maybe haven't played organized hockey, you may be surprised on how much an "outsider" might understand about the game. The biggest problem that I have is that you coming off like you think your the second coming of Dean Blais or Herb Brooks, and I pretty sure your not. :bigsmile:

Just ease of on preempting everything you say with "I know a lot about hockey". WHOOPDEY DOO!!! So do a lot of us. :silly:

The key is to know what you know and what you don't know.

SiouxForever-

FYI, I am aware I am not the only one that has stepped onto a freshly zambonied sheet of ice. I am not looking down upon any of you weirdo

I don't think the issue is whether you disagree with someone who's been around longer. I think it's the manner in which the disagreement is communicated and how the new person comes across in their message.

Precisely.

I never said that I disagreed with SiouxForever on Jones or anyone. He had a valid point on that. But saying "I know a lot about hockey" and so on doesn't mean your word is gospel and that disagreeing with you or disagreeing with how you state it should be approached as anything less favorable than the original post itself.

That being said, how nice of SiouxForever to drag my family into his insults on me. True, I questioned your expertise but I don't believe I attacked your character. If I did, I apologize.

Truly insulting though.

And Truck Monkey - I did overuse the bus thing, true enough, but the criticism of some of these players were really at a minimum for a while and all they were doing was calling for dismissal. Saying that a player didn't play well is one thing. Saying he sucks is another. I'll try to refrain from using that cliche'.

im thinking hes going to sign. if he wasnt, then he would have announced that he was staying. im guessing the formal announcement will be within a few short days. just a hunch

im thinking Ottawa hasn't talked a whole lot to him yet which is why no announcement. Seriously, it is not like they have had anything else on their minds lately. I'm sure there will be an anoucement soon, as to whether or not it is he is going or staying, that is up to Brian.

I agree.... now I fear he is leaving. What I hed heard early in May was that he would only go if he went to the top club.Now it sounds like he might go since he hasn't said anything yet. and settle for playing for the farm club. Brian if you read this I hope you stay at UND. Next season is going to be one for everyone to savor for a long long time! :bigsmile:

Although I still think Brian will sign as soon as the bonus money is worked out, seeing the Sens get their azzes beat up by the Ducks makes me wonder if Ottawa will re-think bring him in as he will not change the dynamic their current d-corps bring to the ice. Might the Sens instead decide to go after some big hitters?

Might the Sens instead decide to go after some big hitters?

Now you called me a dope last fall for saying much the same thing. :bigsmile:

(Or I at least suggested that Lee would improve his performance at UND AND his pro prospects by playing a bit more physical.)