SiouxSports.com Forum

Lee Watch

Sioux-cia

I'd love to have him back this fall. I think this will be the year we see the reason why he was drafted so high.

Yep.

Two years + maturity + weight training + excellent coaching + best team mates in college hockey = a great third year at the University of North Dakota!!!

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

From a very reliable source regarding Mr. Lee:

the only thing holding up signing Brian right now is bonus money; haven't worked that dollar figure out yet. So I am pretty sure you can count on not seeing Brian next year at the Ralph.

So are ya trying to say he's ... Gone ... "like yesterday"?

With apologies to Hall and Oates, I think this is what mikejm is saying:

Sorry Hakstol for the slow decision

I think I've got it, got the skill to move along

I need a rink and a signing bonus

Now it's time to see, ooh what will be

I'm gone Oh I, Oh you'd

better learn how to face it

I'm gone Oh I, Oh you'll

find a freshman to replace me

I'm gone - carry on

:silly:

With apologies to Hall and Oates, I think this is what mikejm is saying:

:silly:

Or maybe it was this:

Defenseman roll on, on down the line,

Please take me far, away

Now I feel Ottawa call outside my door,

Means I'm leaving my Sioux teammates at home.

Lee is gone with the wind.

Well Brian Lee is gone with the wind.

I'm sure this has been thought about and discussed elsewhere, but wouldn't it be better for the team, numbers wise, if Lee signed early? With the number of players the coaching staff signed to come in this year, they obviously figured more would turn pro. We are just overloaded at defense, especially if Lee stays. We'd have all 6 returning from last year, plus Lapoint and Marto. Where do you put everybody?

I was talking to a guy yesterday about the situation and he brought up an interesting point. Let's say Lee stays...We have to get Lapoint into that lineup somehow. He's too good. That would involve moving Genoway up to forward most likely since he's too good of a player to sit in the stands as well. And with Genoway moving up, Radke would be the odd guy out to me. And on top of all that, we'd still have Marto. Like the guy told me, UND has no real obligation to keep Marto, they could just tell him "Thanks for coming out, but maybe you'd have a better chance to play somewhere else this year or in the future." Sure, it would be outrage in the community for the local guy to get snubbed, but what else are you gonna do? If a defenseman got injured, I'd move Genoway back to the blue line most likely and substitute a forward into the lineup before I'd put in Marto.

I'm sure this has been thought about and discussed elsewhere, but wouldn't it be better for the team, numbers wise, if Lee signed early? With the number of players the coaching staff signed to come in this year, they obviously figured more would turn pro. We are just overloaded at defense, especially if Lee stays. We'd have all 6 returning from last year, plus Lapoint and Marto. Where do you put everybody?

I was talking to a guy yesterday about the situation and he brought up an interesting point. Let's say Lee stays...We have to get Lapoint into that lineup somehow. He's too good. That would involve moving Genoway up to forward most likely since he's too good of a player to sit in the stands as well. And with Genoway moving up, Radke would be the odd guy out to me. And on top of all that, we'd still have Marto. Like the guy told me, UND has no real obligation to keep Marto, they could just tell him "Thanks for coming out, but maybe you'd have a better chance to play somewhere else this year or in the future." Sure, it would be outrage in the community for the local guy to get snubbed, but what else are you gonna do? If a defenseman got injured, I'd move Genoway back to the blue line most likely and substitute a forward into the lineup before I'd put in Marto.

Yeah there is a log jam at defense this season. Marto could red shirt this season.

Lee will be gone period

Radke will play 4th line the whole year

Genoway will play D

Marto will be the 7th D until someone gets hurt or what not, then once he gets his chance he will be in the line up every night

Just like when Robbie Bina was a freshman, he was in and out of the lineup the first half of the season cuz they didnt have room for him, once he got his chance he was a mainstay.

Andy Kollar was probably the last person to redshirt, him and Goehring came in the same year but Kollar redshirted.

Lee will be gone period

Genoway will play D

Marto will be the 7th D until someone gets hurt or what not, then once he gets his chance he will be in the line up every night

Just like when Robbie Bina was a freshman, he was in and out of the lineup the first half of the season cuz they didnt have room for him, once he got his chance he was a mainstay.

Andy Kollar was probably the last person to redshirt, him and Goehring came in the same year but Kollar redshirted.

wow - all that is good to know

Lee will be gone period

Genoway will play D

agree!

agree!

Marto should go somewhere else to play. He's a good player and it would be too bad for UND to just sit him. Tom Philion was a good player and, other than his freshman and sophomore years, got pined. He had a chance to go to SCSU and a few other colleges, I think, but decided against it. Once your injured and someone steps up and keeps producing, it's tough to work back in. Personally, Marto should consider Tech, Duluth, Mankato where he'd play a lot and develop.

agree!

AZSIOUX............you agree that Lee will be gone? I certainly hope this isn't true because you generally don't replace two years of experience with an incoming freshman. I know there have been many critics regarding Lee's play. However, I do feel he could be a valuable presence on the Sioux blueline.

Marto should go somewhere else to play. He's a good player and it would be too bad for UND to just sit him. Tom Philion was a good player and, other than his freshman and sophomore years, got pined. He had a chance to go to SCSU and a few other colleges, I think, but decided against it. Once your injured and someone steps up and keeps producing, it's tough to work back in. Personally, Marto should consider Tech, Duluth, Mankato where he'd play a lot and develop.

no he shouldnt go anywhere else. he has already signed a LOI. he will be coming here

no he shouldnt go anywhere else. he has already signed a LOI. he will be coming here

Just because he signed his LOI doesn't mean much I don't believe. I would guess that when Marto signed his LOI with UND that the coaches were figuring on losing at least 1 defenseman. If Lee does stay, the coaches could just tell him sorry, release him from his LOI, and allow him to go play elsewhere if that's what both sides wanted to do. And Marto doesn't have many other options. He can't go back to juniors. Also, if a defenseman like Chorney gets hurt, allowing Marto to play, do you really think that Hakstol won't sit Marto back down when the injured player is back? I like our defenseman and the way the pairings were set up. You can't put a player like Marto in and sit someone like Jones who play completely different styles of hockey. He'll play sparingly this year, if at all. He'll be our Scott Foyt this year. Maybe they will red-shirt him. I don't really know. He's a good player, he's just coming into a tough situation is all this year.

AZSIOUX............you agree that Lee will be gone? I certainly hope this isn't true because you generally don't replace two years of experience with an incoming freshman. I know there have been many critics regarding Lee's play. However, I do feel he could be a valuable presence on the Sioux blueline.

i have no problem with lee's game at all. he is very valuable in a few different ways with the biggest being experience in the wcha. i just agree he will be gone, that has nothing to do with what i think of lee either way, just think he may move on. lapoint will have a adjustment like any other incoming wcha player but if lee does go im glad we have a very solid blueliner coming in. either way best of luck to lee....

Just because he signed his LOI doesn't mean much I don't believe. I would guess that when Marto signed his LOI with UND that the coaches were figuring on losing at least 1 defenseman. If Lee does stay, the coaches could just tell him sorry, release him from his LOI, and allow him to go play elsewhere if that's what both sides wanted to do. And Marto doesn't have many other options. He can't go back to juniors. Also, if a defenseman like Chorney gets hurt, allowing Marto to play, do you really think that Hakstol won't sit Marto back down when the injured player is back? I like our defenseman and the way the pairings were set up. You can't put a player like Marto in and sit someone like Jones who play completely different styles of hockey. He'll play sparingly this year, if at all. He'll be our Scott Foyt this year. Maybe they will red-shirt him. I don't really know. He's a good player, he's just coming into a tough situation is all this year.

marto will be the odd man out thi season with spot starts maybe but that doesnt mean he wont be a solid player for you marto lovers out there. simply saying he may have to wait his turn with the blueline returning everyone for the most part. hell, if finley and chorney didnt stay he would be thrown right into the mix for sure. just how it worked out with those 2 coming back. numbers game sometimes. will he be better than jones or whomever? maybe so....will be nice to see him in a sioux uni though along with the others that are coming in

i have no problem with lee's game at all. he is very valuable in a few different ways with the biggest being experience in the wcha. i just agree he will be gone, that has nothing to do with what i think of lee either way, just think he may move on. lapoint will have a adjustment like any other incoming wcha player but if lee does go im glad we have a very solid blueliner coming in. either way best of luck to lee....

I was just curious as to whether or not you had some inside information on Lee's return to the program for the 07-08 year. I was just pointing out that I think he would be a loss and not on your opinion of him. Do you have some inside info on this situation?

I was just curious as to whether or not you had some inside information on Lee's return to the program for the 07-08 year. I was just pointing out that I think he would be a loss and not on your opinion of him. Do you have some inside info on this situation?

he will for sure be a loss and yes he will be gone from what i have been told but im never right 100% of the time :silly: . lets hope im wrong

I agree leftyzl there is no way you can sit jones..way to good. Really hope lee stays but I think between Bina, Chorney, Finley and Jones...two great pairs.

Just dont see Lee fitting anywhere....Ottawa's D are going no where. I know some people dont like him but if he stays and plays at the top of his game he will be are best D-man........sounds like he is gone though.

i may be wrong on lee staying or going but that wouldnt be a first, its just interesting really, the factor that we dont know about is that ottawa is in a middle of a cup run so this may wait til the end of the season..........or lee really wants to go and they are not sure about signing him yet and maybe want him back at und for 1 more year, or lee says he doesnt want to come back and plays a year or 2 in the AHL to develop. or maybe ottawa doesnt think hes ready for that either?? i guess who in the hell knows but this makes for a fun message board thread......hopefully we will know soon for no other reason than it would be nice to find out..... :silly:

stay tuned for another episode of..............as the LEE turns

You must have missed the recent articles from TSN that were posted on this site. Specifically there are strong indications that Wade Redden is going to Edmonton via a trade during the off season. Specifically, his mother passed away recently and he would like to be closer to home to help his father out, and Edmonton is as close as you can get to Lloydminster Saskatchewan. The trade will also help Ottawa remain within their salary cap while picking up some decent prospects from Edmonton.

If the trade is successful, there will be a very big vacancy in Ottawa at D

I agree leftyzl there is no way you can sit jones..way to good. Really hope lee stays but I think between Bina, Chorney, Finley and Jones...two great pairs.

Just dont see Lee fitting anywhere....Ottawa's D are going no where. I know some people dont like him but if he stays and plays at the top of his game he will be are best D-man........sounds like he is gone though.