SiouxSports.com Forum

No more cheerleaders at the ralph?

proudsioux

Most of you guys sound like a bunch of crappy fans... i hear so many positive things about our team and now the first 10 posts i read on the thread are about how bad our cheerleaders and band are. Should we get rid of the fans too? some of them aren't so pleasant either some of you need to take some pain killers damnn.... I just don't understand how people can be so opposite on here its ridiculous..

I agree! This is a college team and cheerleaders come with that. I mean, this isn't the NHL. I think they do a great job and are nice to look at too! :silly:

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if the AD would only do something about getting rid of that blonde chick with the annoyingly high pitched voice that does the talking during the silly games played during the intermissions! Oh wait, they can't get rid of her because she's got political connections to the powers-that-be at UND....

Can you imagine listening to that for the rest of your life? Fingernails on a chalkboard.

I hear you....now if we can only get rid of the band and that damn cowbell.....or at least move them back up where everyone can hear them better....

Why would you want to get rid of the band? Do you ever go to the games when the college students are gone. Listen to how quiet the arena is.....it just isn't the same without the band there. Next you are going to say get rid of the students because all they do is yell at the other team!!!!

Most of you guys sound like a bunch of crappy fans... i hear so many positive things about our team and now the first 10 posts i read on the thread are about how bad our cheerleaders and band are.

I wouldn't take it too seriously. Most of the comments were scrawled by socially inept slobs who are angry good looking women never talk to them ... well, unless the women are made of latex or plastic. :silly:

As for the cheerleaders, I could really care less if they show up to games, but I don't see this is a major issue for the team.

I think this is great for UND and UND hockey. Cheerleaders don't belong at hockey games. It's bad enough that they're at basketball and football games. Hockey is going too far.

Although, I will say... one highlite of my UND trip each year is seeing a UND cheerleader fall. It was especially memorable this past December (Tech swept, for those of you who forgot... or are trying to forget... :angry:) when one of the cheerleaders got on the ice and fell right away because she forgot to take her skateguards off...! :silly: That part of it was almost as cool as the sweep. Almost, but not quite.

Siouxstudent1 ... UND has a great band. You speak silly when you say you want them out of there too.

Meanie! :silly:???

Anyways, Siouxstudent1- If you said that about 3 years ago, I'd heartily agree with you. But the band has improved considerably. Maybe its because Brooks doesn't come to the games much anymore? Maybe it's because the band members actually practice. I don't know.

In any case, good luck with that quest because you are now part of the minority.

I'd hate to see them go but I wouldn't mind if we fired our costume designer who is stuck in the 50's and hired SCCC's... :silly:

they need to go with those tight camoflage pants with the tight black tank tops (PCM, can you insert a drooling smiley for me right here)

St cloud's cheerleaders are the hottest i've ever seen as far as college cheerleading squads go!!(PCM if you would!!)

The goofers are the worst...sorry dubay but your wife picked some uggo's!!

and as far as whoever was asking about the toe picks messing up the ice...almost every hockey player on the planet hates it when the cheerleaders come on the ice and start doing their little jumps and twirls and whatever else cuz it reaks havoc with the ice

I agree! This is a college team and cheerleaders come with that. I mean, this isn't the NHL. I think they do a great job and are nice to look at too! :silly:

Actually if you watched the Carolina Canes last season during the playoffs they had cheer leaders and they look hot.

they need to go with those tight camoflage pants with the tight black tank tops (PCM, can you insert a drooling smiley for me right here)

St cloud's cheerleaders are the hottest i've ever seen as far as college cheerleading squads go!!(PCM if you would!!)

The goofers are the worst...sorry dubay but your wife picked some uggo's!!

and as far as whoever was asking about the toe picks messing up the ice...almost every hockey player on the planet hates it when the cheerleaders come on the ice and start doing their little jumps and twirls and whatever else cuz it reaks havoc with the ice

I liked the DCU pant thing.

I do have to disagree with you about 3-4 years ago the Gophers had this blond chearleader that was definition of perfect in my opinion. I can't remember her name but she was nice looking.

Idk about you but bunning is at it again. He is banning cheerleading from hockey games. and still keeping it for b-ball and football. I think this is bull$%!# cuz first hockey generates more money and cheerleaders do a good job and work real hard walking up the steps all nite long. a lot harder then bball or football.

i think we should all email mr.bunning and tell him what we think. a facebook group has 550 members and 75 of them have emialed bunnign so far so i figure if i get soe peopel to email him on ehre we could get it to one hundred.

tombuning@mail.und.nodak.edu

What was the reason given? Everybody has cheerleaders - except us now?

I don't really care about it. It's not like they do anyting to get us pumped up. Everybody is too busy watching the intense game on the ice. I think it is pretty cool though when they come by and there is always a little girl with a cheerleding outfit on cheering with them. :silly:

I'm kind of on the fence about the whole thing. They don't add a whole lot to the games, but I think it's a nice oppurtunity for the girls to do something outside of school as well. They're not really annoying, b/c you can hardly tell when they're there.

I think if we should get rid of everything that sucks at the Ralph, the fans would be the first to go. I could study during most games there.