SiouxSports.com Forum

No more cheerleaders at the ralph?

proudsioux

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is wrong with you the best thing the school did is put the band in the lower bowl. They are the only ones that cheer at the games. Last time I check it is a college team not a NHL team.

Is cheering the same as playing music? Because I really don't hear a lot of cheers coming from the band. They play music alot, which is good because it does create a better atmosphere. However, they have a tendency to play whenever they want, like in the middle of the few chants the students start such as after a questionable penalty. If they only could figure out when to start playing, a problem wouldn't exist.

As I previously mentioned before, one of the best student sections I was in was the Mankato playoof series. Now while maybe not the rowdiest, since it was held over spring break, a high percentage of the people there were diehards. If they could find a way to always put thse people in lower bowl and the rest in the upper, the student section would be a lot better. Anyways, I am glad they are keeping the cheerleaders. They aren't quite at St. Clouds level but they are close. :silly:

I just don't see how Jim was able to pass up the opportunity to start a blog-page within siouxsports.com and let this guy get away. :silly:

20 years from now we're all going to be comparing it to the Trail Blazers taking Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan...

Is cheering the same as playing music? Because I really don't hear a lot of cheers coming from the band. They play music alot, which is good because it does create a better atmosphere. However, they have a tendency to play whenever they want, like in the middle of the few chants the students start such as after a questionable penalty. If they only could figure out when to start playing, a problem wouldn't exist.

As I previously mentioned before, one of the best student sections I was in was the Mankato playoof series. Now while maybe not the rowdiest, since it was held over spring break, a high percentage of the people there were diehards. If they could find a way to always put thse people in lower bowl and the rest in the upper, the student section would be a lot better. Anyways, I am glad they are keeping the cheerleaders. They aren't quite at St. Clouds level but they are close. :silly:

It is because the want the band to play over certain chants

However, they have a tendency to play whenever they want, like in the middle of the few chants the students start such as after a questionable penalty. If they only could figure out when to start playing, a problem wouldn't exist.

This is because the band is told to play by the guys in the booth at certain times. When the students start questionable chants, that is one of those times.

Your an idiot, is there anything else we can do to make the games absolutly perfect for you?

why dont you just tell me what you think :silly: . i dont like to lose my hearing because i sit in the lower bowl, and the cowbell was funny the first 5 times i heard it. and i dont "hate" the cheerleaders, but all i hear when i go to games about them is heckling.

does this clarify?? in the future dont pounce on people right away.

EDIT: in your defense, i guess i could have been less harsh in my original, but i was trying to come off as joking in my extreme wording when i added the smiley face.

It is because the want the band to play over certain chants

they ask them to start playing when we do certain chants and the Mankato playoffs series had no student section. Students were allowed the option to buy tickets there, but no student section. that and because the Ralph rules don't apply during playoffs so you can have alcohol in that section that weekend. The diehards this year are probably the ones who got student season tickets as the way they divided up the tickets and put them online, senior/grad school/med school/law school students went first and had like 20 minutes before their tickets sold out. The poor freshman students who had to go last only got like 5 minutes before their portion of tickets were sold out. I agree, and for those of you who say that other people cheer, not all of them do. My friend and I were in a suite on the Sat. night that we played SCSU and tried to get the sections around us to stand up and cheer or to cheer "Let's Go Sioux" with us. Nope, they wouldn't stand up until half way through the third when we were tied. Half of them could either clap or chant with us and the other half couldn't do either. I mean how hard is it to chant/clap "Let's Go Sioux"?