SiouxSports.com Forum

No more cheerleaders at the ralph?

proudsioux

Idk about you but bunning is at it again. He is banning cheerleading from hockey games. and still keeping it for b-ball and football. I think this is bull$%!# cuz first hockey generates more money and cheerleaders do a good job and work real hard walking up the steps all nite long. a lot harder then bball or football.

i think we should all email mr.bunning and tell him what we think. a facebook group has 550 members and 75 of them have emialed bunnign so far so i figure if i get soe peopel to email him on ehre we could get it to one hundred.

tombuning@mail.und.nodak.edu

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk about you but bunning is at it again. He is banning cheerleading from hockey games. and still keeping it for b-ball and football. I think this is bull$%!# cuz first hockey generates more money and cheerleaders do a good job and work real hard walking up the steps all nite long. a lot harder then bball or football.

i think we should all email mr.bunning and tell him what we think. a facebook group has 550 members and 75 of them have emialed bunnign so far so i figure if i get soe peopel to email him on ehre we could get it to one hundred.

tombuning@mail.und.nodak.edu

Are you kidding? If you compare the UND hockey cheer team with the others in the WCHA its pretty obvious that UND's cheerleaders don't really have any skating or cheering talent. You can't even hear them when they are standing right next to you. The cheerleaders from some of the other schools actually have hockey cheerleaders that know how to skate and cheer. I think if UND can't match the quality of what the other schools in our league are doing we are better off without them. Plus I wrote a letter to Bunning last year when they were dressed like a bad scene from Flash Dance and looked really trashy, which I thought was embarrising for the program.

Are you kidding? If you compare the UND hockey cheer team with the others in the WCHA its pretty obvious that UND's cheerleaders don't really have any skating or cheering talent. You can't even hear them when they are standing right next to you. The cheerleaders from some of the other schools actually have hockey cheerleaders that know how to skate and cheer. I think if UND can't match the quality of what the other schools in our league are doing we are better off without them. Plus I wrote a letter to Bunning last year when they were dressed like a bad scene from Flash Dance and looked really trashy, which I thought was embarrising for the program.

well i kinda like the slutty looking ones...minnesota has a wonderful crop, not to mention the non visible skirts of scsu. lovely.

While our cheerleaders might not be as talented on the ice as Minnesota's are, they look a heck of alot better. I like to watch the goofs cheerleaders skate but they leave something to be desired in the looks department. I think our cheerleaders do a fine job. :silly:

Its about time. They do nothing other than mess up the ice between periods, and say "go sioux" in an extremely obnoxious high pitched voices.

I hear you....now if we can only get rid of the band and that damn cowbell.....or at least move them back up where everyone can hear them better....

I remember back in high school hearing how the hockey players HATED the cheerleaders because the toe picks really mess up the ice.

Anybody else heard that?

I don't know about nowadays, but back in my day, the only real problem with the toe picks was they tended to raise he77 with the linens. :silly:

Now if the AD would only do something about getting rid of that blonde chick with the annoyingly high pitched voice that does the talking during the silly games played during the intermissions! Oh wait, they can't get rid of her because she's got political connections to the powers-that-be at UND....

I think this is great for UND and UND hockey. Cheerleaders don't belong at hockey games. It's bad enough that they're at basketball and football games. Hockey is going too far.

Although, I will say... one highlite of my UND trip each year is seeing a UND cheerleader fall. It was especially memorable this past December (Tech swept, for those of you who forgot... or are trying to forget... :silly:) when one of the cheerleaders got on the ice and fell right away because she forgot to take her skateguards off...! :silly: That part of it was almost as cool as the sweep. Almost, but not quite.

Siouxstudent1 ... UND has a great band. You speak silly when you say you want them out of there too.

The saddest part about this is that now the psycho cheerleading coach won't be standing guard in the penalty box looking for people to squawk at and attempt to get kicked out of the arena.

Yes. I remember a certain SOMEONE being blamed for yelling remarks about the cheerleaders during a game. :silly:

Most of you guys sound like a bunch of crappy fans... i hear so many positive things about our team and now the first 10 posts i read on the thread are about how bad our cheerleaders and band are. Should we get rid of the fans too? some of them aren't so pleasant either some of you need to take some pain killers damnn.... I just don't understand how people can be so opposite on here its ridiculous..

Most of you guys sound like a bunch of crappy fans... i hear so many positive things about our team and now the first 10 posts i read on the thread are about how bad our cheerleaders and band are. Should we get rid of the fans too? some of them aren't so pleasant either some of you need to take some pain killers damnn.... I just don't understand how people can be so opposite on here its ridiculous..

I like the cheer leaders, I mean why wouldn't I. They do a good job. We always get a kick out of them coming to our section for one song up in the upper deck and they they are off to the lower bowl again.