SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

I'm pretty sure it was already mentioned, but I love their objectivity. Criticizing the Gophers for giving them a 1:30 5-3, but I thought one of the best quotes was saying "That's just not gonna be good enough...They just blew a golden opportunity to tie it up" in reference to the HC power play. I just love the excitement and the tell-it-how-it-is announcing.

Amazing clip.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux fans -

My name is Chris Del Vecchio. I'm the PD at WCHC (the Holy Cross student radio station) and the one who put together the highlight clip from last Friday's game. I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone who has gone to the WCHC website to listen to the clip and for all the rave reviews.

Please continue to circulate the link around the web. We've got a counter on the page and we're completely blown away by the number of people who have been there already.

We are working on getting the entire game up online in its entirety. I'll post a link to that once it is available.

Chris Del Vecchio

HC Class of 2006

cldelv06@holycross.edu

P.S. - here's the link again to the highlights:

http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

It's a great clip! Thanks for putting it together.

Was Hennessy channeling there? "Are you kidding me?"

A funnier cut was from the UND and HC game on Saturday was when Hennessy said and Smaby scoresss (on the Game winning goal) and you hear Greg L. say what. It was classic.

I don't know, but I didn't think the clip was all that great. Couldn't hear anything about the winning goal with all of that yelling and screaming going on. :lol:

Just kidding.

We had two couples sitting in front of us. Both men had pamphlets that explained the rules of hockey (you know - icing, off-sides, etc.) Needless to say, they didn't yell, shout, cheer, jump up, or do anything normal in response to the games. I didn't bother to ask why they were there.

OK, need technical advice. When I click on the link, it asks me what program I want to use to open. I go through the steps, and do RealPlayer. Nothing happens. It also went into a search and said the file was a Real Player. I use real player often and am confused. Thx for any help.

Wow!

All the e-mails from Sioux fans thanking me for the clip, thanking Holy Cross for a great Regional, thanking our broadcasters for their mix of professionalism and exuberance - it's all just mind-blowing.

Those of you who have sent e-mails, they will be compiled into a collection and your kind wishes will be passed along to the team and to the WCHC broadcast crew from Friday night. With WCHC being a noncommercial and 100% student-run station, we could have never imagined the publicity this has brought to our station. On behalf of our entire campus, I really can't thank everyone enough.

Chris Del Vecchio

HC Class of 2006

cldelv06@holycross.edu

Wow, that was great. I just about went through the roof when that last goal was scored. Congrats to Holy Cross, i now have a favorite AHA team to go with my favorite HE team (Maine)... I love the comment about the Atlantic Hockey power play. Nothing the Gophers ever do will change this. :lol:

Hello all,

If anyone is having problems accessing the audio, please let me know! There are two file formats-- the top one on the page is an .mp3 file and the second one is a .rm (real) file. If you click on the links they should either automatically play in your browser or your default audio program, depending on your system settings. However, if you have having problems, your best bet is to right click on the link, go to "save as" and download the file to your computer and it play it from there.

Thanks again for all the feedback! I'm working on getting a guestbook up, as well as the full broadcast archive of the game. I'll let you know when they are up.

Christian

Christian Santillo

Chief Engineer and Webmaster

WCHC 88.1-FM Worcester, MA

College of the Holy Cross

crsant06@holycross.edu

Wow!

All the e-mails from Sioux fans thanking me for the clip, thanking Holy Cross for a great Regional, thanking our broadcasters for their mix of professionalism and exuberance - it's all just mind-blowing.

Those of you who have sent e-mails, they will be compiled into a collection and your kind wishes will be passed along to the team and to the WCHC broadcast crew from Friday night. With WCHC being a noncommercial and 100% student-run station, we could have never imagined the publicity this has brought to our station. On behalf of our entire campus, I really can't thank everyone enough.

Chris Del Vecchio

HC Class of 2006

cldelv06@holycross.edu

As a Sioux fan I enjoyed listening to the clip of the call of the winning goal. Thank You Holy Cross.

Its nice to hear enthusiasm in the call of a game.

What an awesome clip!! Thanks Chis and Co. for sharing it here! And thanks Holy Cross for helping make the NCAA West Regional great by providing the Cinderella Story that you always hear about, but NEVER seem to get to be a part of! It is something my family and I will remember for the rest of our lives! Thanks again!!! You have gained a legion of new fans!!! And as you have already witnessed, Sioux fans are the greatest fans in college hockey!!

That's got to be the wildest radio booth celebration ever :lol: Thanks to HC for getting the Sioux crowd rolling; the noise following the OT goal continued right through the Sioux coming out to warm up.

I'd be really disappointed if I'd have had to miss this regional in person (dagies? :D )

You sonuva.....

;)