SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

Given how active the topic has stayed on the board this week, I had been wondering when G.F. media would take the hint and pick up the story.

Personally, I believe this story should go national!! Anyone have any ties to the Jay Leno or David Letterman shows?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I'm waiting to hear back from the lady at the bookstore, I called the Holy Cross athletic office to see if they had any other information on where to get jerseys made. I told her we have an order of around 20 jerseys right now, and she was a little shocked. :love: I asked her if the athletic department has thought about auctioning off game worn jerseys since some of you *cough*MafiaMan*cough are a little particular about your jerseys. By this point she was giggling because she couldn't believe so many UND fans wanted Holy Cross hockey jerseys now. I told her we fully planned to flaunt them in front of Gopher fans.

Anyway, she's looking into it for me and I will post more as I find out.

Personally, I believe this story should go national!! Anyone have any ties to the Jay Leno or David Letterman shows?

OK, rather than waiting for someone else to do it, I sent the following email to NBC. We'll see if anything comes of it.

The University of North Dakota recently hosted a Regional Hockey tournament. Holy Cross played the University of Minnesota Gophers here. Holy Cross had some student radio announcers at the game. What they did and their follow up radio clip is what legends are made of. You have to have these young men on your show!!

http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

Holy Cross Hockey Mix

Jo McIntosh,

University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux Fan

I think I'd like to get a jersey as well. While I wait, I'm going to make my own embroidered HC sweatshirt (my sewing machine can embroider). The local shirt maker in GF (don't know who that is) should pick up on that, in case the jersey deal doesn't work out. Still, I think they could make some sales to alot of people who maybe just want sweatshirts or T's.

Thanks again for continuing to spread this around. If anyone gets any replies from media outlets, could you please forward them along to me? WCHC would love to get copies of the clip and/or discussion of it being played on other stations.

I was told via e-mail from a Sioux fan that the sports talk station 1440 AM played the clip this morning. If anyone has a recording (or personal connection to the Grand Forks media) of that or the other airplay mentioned above, please let me know! I also have an e-mail in to Tim Hennesey to see if he can help track down any copies.

Chris Del Vecchio

HC Class of 2006

Director of Programming

WCHC-FM

wchc@holycross.edu

cldelv06@holycross.edu

Anyway, she's looking into it for me and I will post more as I find out.

You're an absolute tiger on this, forecheck. Thanks for your efforts!

Personally, I'd be happy with a replica HC version as I don't have the bucks to spare for the authentic version.

I think I'd like to get a jersey as well. While I wait, I'm going to make my own embroidered HC sweatshirt (my sewing machine can embroider). The local shirt maker in GF (don't know who that is) should pick up on that, in case the jersey deal doesn't work out. Still, I think they could make some sales to alot of people who maybe just want sweatshirts or T's.

Don't forget your buddies! :love:

Update on the Holy Cross Jerseys:

I got a call about an hour ago from the lady I spoke to in the athletic department, and she said that she got a hold of Coach Pearle. He has already begun auctioning off some of the team's jerseys for local charities, but he would be willing to sell us their away (purple) game worn jerseys at an even $200/jersey and take them off the auction if we bought all 20 that he would make available. As someone mentioned, there aren't any names on the back of the away jerseys, and she said he took some of the senior player's names off the list (I'm assuming to give to the players).

She was supposed to email me a list of the exact player's jerseys they would be selling to us so we'd know which numbers are available, but I haven't received it yet. Either a slow transaction or she got my email address wrong. I'll post that info on here when I get it.

I'm thinking though that the people who want the game worn jerseys can go that route, and the people who don't want to spend that much money can put an order into the bookstore, which sounds like it will take 3-6 months to get them ordered and made. I don't think we would have to buy all 20 of the game worn jerseys to get them at $200 a pop, but that is how many are available.

Let me know what you guys are thinking and we can go from there. I tried calling the athletic department back to see if she found any information on just putting in a group order to get jerseys made, but had to leave a message since there wasn't an answer. MafiaMan, I didn't have any better luck finding anything online for getting Holy Cross jerseys made.

Update on the Holy Cross Jerseys:

I got a call about an hour ago from the lady I spoke to in the athletic department, and she said that she got a hold of Coach Pearle. He has already begun auctioning off some of the team's jerseys for local charities, but he would be willing to sell us their away (purple) game worn jerseys at an even $200/jersey and take them off the auction if we bought all 20 that he would make available. As someone mentioned, there aren't any names on the back of the away jerseys, and she said he took some of the senior player's names off the list (I'm assuming to give to the players).

She was supposed to email me a list of the exact player's jerseys they would be selling to us so we'd know which numbers are available, but I haven't received it yet. Either a slow transaction or she got my email address wrong. I'll post that info on here when I get it.

I'm thinking though that the people who want the game worn jerseys can go that route, and the people who don't want to spend that much money can put an order into the bookstore, which sounds like it will take 3-6 months to get them ordered and made. I don't think we would have to buy all 20 of the game worn jerseys to get them at $200 a pop, but that is how many are available.

Let me know what you guys are thinking and we can go from there. I tried calling the athletic department back to see if she found any information on just putting in a group order to get jerseys made, but had to leave a message since there wasn't an answer. MafiaMan, I didn't have any better luck finding anything online for getting Holy Cross jerseys made.

Good work, forecheck. I'm not looking to wear a dress (goalie size game-worn), so we'll see what pans out. I like jerseys like a fat kid likes cake! :love:

Spoke too soon. I just checked my email and got the list. These are the players whose jerseys would be available for $200 each:

2 - Frank O'Grady D JR 5-7 175 Kimberley, British Columbia/Helena Bighorns (AWHL)

3 - Rob Godfrey D JR 5-11 170 Thunder Bay, Ontario/Aurora Tigers (OPJHL)

4 - Shane McAdam D FR 6-0 200 Hamilton, Ontario/Hamilton Red Wings (OPJHL)

5 - Brent Franklin D SO 6-2 195 Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich./Oakville Blades (OPJHL)

6 - Brian Gabriel D SO 6-1 180 Kenai, Alaska/Wichita Falls Rustiers (NAHL)

7 - Matt Burke D SO 6-0 190 Milton, Mass./Milton Academy (NEPSAC)

10 - James Sixsmith F JR 5-9 165 Alexandria, Va./Canterbury School (NEPSAC)

11 - Tanner Fogarty F JR 6-2 202 McMurray, Pa./Taft School (NEPSAC)

14 - Dale Reinhardt F SO 5-9 174 Livingston, N.J./Delbarton (NJSIAA)

15 - Chris Trovato F SO 5-10 170 North Attleboro, Mass./Noble & Greenough School (NEPSAC)

17 - Kai Magnussen F FR 5-10 190 Okotoks, Alberta/Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL)

19 - Cal St. Denis F SO 6-0 196 Freelton, Ontario/Hamilton Red Wings (OPJHL)

21 - Matt Werry F SO 6-0 190 Regina, Saskatchewan/Notre Dame Hounds (SJHL)

23 - Marty Dams D FR 5-11 190 Manotick, Ontario/Gloucester Rangers (CJHL)

26 - Dewey Thomson F FR 6-0 185 Northbridge, Mass./St. Paul's School (NEPSAC)

28 - Brian Kolb F SO 5-11 175 Sandwich, Mass./Tabor Academy (NEPSAC)

29 - Jim Tselikis F SO 5-11 185 Cape Elizabeth, Maine/New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)

31 - Charlie Lockwood G FR 6-0 185 Breckenridge, Colo./Bridgewater Bandits (EJHL)

32 - J.R. Butler F SO 6-1 190 Marlboro, Mass./Cushing Academy (NEPSAC)

33 - Bryce Nantes F SO 5-11 175 Calgary, Alberta/Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)

Sorry Diggler, no seniors. How many people would be interested in buying a game worn jersey, and how many would rather buy a replica through the bookstore? I haven't heard back yet how much they would cost through the bookstore, so I don't know yet if those would be authentic or replica.

Spoke too soon. I just checked my email and got the list. These are the players whose jerseys would be available for $200 each:

2 - Frank O'Grady D JR 5-7 175 Kimberley, British Columbia/Helena Bighorns (AWHL)

5 - Brent Franklin D SO 6-2 195 Grosse Pointe Farms, Mich./Oakville Blades (OPJHL)

15 - Chris Trovato F SO 5-10 170 North Attleboro, Mass./Noble & Greenough School (NEPSAC)

29 - Jim Tselikis F SO 5-11 185 Cape Elizabeth, Maine/New Hampshire Jr. Monarchs (EJHL)

31 - Charlie Lockwood G FR 6-0 185 Breckenridge, Colo./Bridgewater Bandits (EJHL)

Sorry Diggler, no seniors. How many people would be interested in buying a game worn jersey, and how many would rather buy a replica through the bookstore? I haven't heard back yet how much they would cost through the bookstore, so I don't know yet if those would be authentic or replica.

Any chance of finding sizes? I could scrounge up $200 for the right size.

Any chance of finding sizes? I could scrounge up $200 for the right size.

Geez Louise people! :love::lol: I don't know if the person I've been talking to will know the sizes without calling the coach/players to see how wide their girth is. Unless they have a website up listing sizes for the auction that is already taking place. I'll make a note to ask her when she returns my call about ordering jerseys from a manufacturer.

Geez Louise people! :love::sad: I don't know if the person I've been talking to will know the sizes without calling the coach/players to see how wide their girth is. Unless they have a website up listing sizes for the auction that is already taking place. I'll make a note to ask her when she returns my call about ordering jerseys from a manufacturer.

I don't care what size, I will take whatever they will sell me!! :lol:

I would definitely go for #7 and #21 ...

Regarding the game worn jerseys, since some people have already been requesting/claiming #'s, I'm going to start keeping track. PM me or post on here if you want a specific number. If enough people are interested in buying these, I should be able to find out Monday when the athletic dept. is open how we can go about buying them.

undhockey - #28

farce poobah - #7 and #21

MafiaMan - #19

Sioux-Cia - no number requested yet, although you did mention #19....you and MafiaMan will have to duke that one out. :love:

The clip was played on AM1110 WTBQ in Warwick (Orange County) NY on Tuesday March 28 around 8:05 am. Unfortunately no recording of it was made or the discussion on it that followed...but a number of people commented on how great it sounded! :love:

Given how active the topic has stayed on the board this week, I had been wondering when G.F. media would take the hint and pick up the story.

Regarding the game worn jerseys, since some people have already been requesting/claiming #'s, I'm going to start keeping track. PM me or post on here if you want a specific number. If enough people are interested in buying these, I should be able to find out Monday when the athletic dept. is open how we can go about buying them.

undhockey - #28

farce poobah - #7 and #21

MafiaMan - #19

Sioux-Cia - no number requested yet, although you did mention #19....you and MafiaMan will have to duke that one out. :love:

Sign me up for the #29.