SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Crazy as this sounds ... when are they going to bring in some defensemen.

Before you all jump all over me, hang with me for a second:

Genoway, Marto, and LaPoint are in their last years.

Blood is a pretty big flight risk after this year.

MacWilliam made big strides last year. If he repeats that could he be a flight risk?

That leaves Gleason (now F/D), Hill (who won't see much ice), Forbort, and Simpson, with only Nick Mattson in the defenseman pipeline.

Assume (only) Blood leaves early, that leaves for 2011-12:

MacWilliam, Gleason, Forbort, Simpson, Hill, and Mattson.

That's not enough.

Nick Ebert would work.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/mckeenshockey/hockey/recruiting/player-Nick-Ebert-90143

Crazy as this sounds ... when are they going to bring in some defensemen.

Before you all jump all over me, hang with me for a second:

Genoway, Marto, and LaPoint are in their last years.

Blood is a pretty big flight risk after this year.

MacWilliam made big strides last year. If he repeats that could he be a flight risk?

That leaves Gleason (now F/D), Hill (who won't see much ice), Forbort, and Simpson, with only Nick Mattson in the defenseman pipeline.

Assume (only) Blood leaves early, that leaves for 2011-12:

MacWilliam, Gleason, Forbort, Simpson, Hill, and Mattson.

That's not enough.

Dan Molenar from EP made a visit last fall.

How much ya wanna bet he goes Major junior? I wouldn't bet on the NCAA. He has major junior written all over him at this point.

Dan Molenar from EP made a visit last fall.

Is he good enough to go straight from High School/ Elite League to DI?

How much ya wanna bet he goes Major junior? I wouldn't bet on the NCAA. He has major junior written all over him at this point.

Is he good enough to go straight from High School/ Elite League to DI?

About Molenaar, he might be good enough to go straight to college out of high school, but it's hard to say. He's played elite League, he's played internationally... That said, I "heard" it speculated that he was going to commit to Boston College, but that was a rumor and he hasn't committed anywhere that I'm aware of.

As far as 'D' recruits go, I personally think we'll be okay for D next year but I'm not foreseeing all the early departures others might see, but the following year we're going to need some D in the wings...

About Molenaar, he might be good enough to go straight to college out of high school, but it's hard to say. He's played elite League, he's played internationally... That said, I "heard" it speculated that he was going to commit to Boston College, but that was a rumor and he hasn't committed anywhere that I'm aware of.

As far as 'D' recruits go, I personally think we'll be okay for D next year but I'm not foreseeing all the early departures others might see, but the following year we're going to need some D in the wings...

Ya think we'll be OK for next year? wow that is great news.

I think my dream may soon be officially dead: http://sports.yahoo....orhockey-265958

I don't know why I have this feeling, but when Ebert's name came up and I started reading about him (what I could find anyways), it seemed to me that it was going to be OHL for Ebert... the only way he'd not go is if he didn't like the team that drafted him and even then, it's possible that he could be traded to an OHL team that he did like.

I'd love to have Ebert but if he does go OHL, I won't be surprised.

Who puts "North Dakota" finished third in their article? Kinda strange. You mean he told the media what order his choices were? I look at it like he finished third, especially if he has the same defensive coach when he gets there, which probably isn't very likely. Sounds like he has great potential.

Who puts "North Dakota" finished third in their article? Kinda strange.

Yeah, I thought that was funny too. Reading his blogs/articles, Roman can be kind of a toolshed sometimes, so not surprising. :)

Either way, it doesn't matter, the kid always wanted to be a UMN player, so no worries.

I'll take Forbort over him anyway. ;)

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/blogs/101951938.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiUjc8LDyi_47cQiU47cQUzyaP37D_MDua_eyD5PcOiU

Brady Skjei - UMTC 2012

Not much of a surprise - he always dreamed of playing for the Gophers.

Ya but he doesnt even know who will be coaching him when he gets there and if they have the same staff he could end up following the Loftquist plan of Development!

From what I understand the Notre Dame Hounds have 3 pretty good prospects, including Matteau. Hopefully the Sioux can get back into that old recruiting ground. Although he doesn't play for Notre Dame, Brett Malone, some sort of relation to Brad, seems to get some ink as well. Anyone have any more information as to interest in these guys?