SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Highly touted forward recruit AJ Michaelson from Apple Valley said he has narrowed down his choices to U of M and UND. He will make his decision after attending the BSU-UND opening series in Bemidji.

He is a junior in highschool right now.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/61004?referrer_id=32770

Wonder if anyone has heard or has AJ decided yet which school he plans to attend?

After the grit the Sioux had this weekend and Sioux fans in attendance at a road game, I'd be very surprised if we don't land him. Why wouldn't a recruit want to come over to the Sioux side?! Hopefully UMTC send him tapes of their games this weekend with Omaha, I'm sure he'll be blown away with the gophers....

• Upvote 1

After the grit the Sioux had this weekend and Sioux fans in attendance at a road game, I'd be very surprised if we don't land him. Why wouldn't a recruit want to come over to the Sioux side?! Hopefully UMTC send him tapes of their games this weekend with Omaha, I'm sure he'll be blown away with the gophers....

Thanks for the kiss of death! And I can name a number of reasons he might not come here, among them being staying close to where his parents can see him play and schooling. It all depends on what is important to him and his goals.

Isn't he playing for Central again this year?

According to spfreak on the previous page, Luke will be playing for Grand Forks Central this year.

I only asked because I'm pretty sure that Steve is residing near St. Cloud full time, so I was curious to know if Luke was planning on transferring high schools in order to live with his dad. I don't know anything about the family so I don't want to speculate on anything regarding their living arrangements. However, I'd love to see Luke suit up for the St. Cloud Cathedral. St. Could Tech wouldn't be terrible, but not as good as SCC.

Of course, I don't even know how long Johnson will be with the Huskies. It might not make sense for Luke to commit to SCSU or even transfer to a St. Cloud high school if Steve's not going to be at SCSU for the next seven years... which he probably won't.

According to spfreak on the previous page, Luke will be playing for Grand Forks Central this year.

I only asked because I'm pretty sure that Steve is residing near St. Cloud full time, so I was curious to know if Luke was planning on transferring high schools in order to live with his dad. I don't know anything about the family so I don't want to speculate on anything regarding their living arrangements. However, I'd love to see Luke suit up for the St. Cloud Cathedral. St. Could Tech wouldn't be terrible, but not as good as SCC.

Of course, I don't even know how long Johnson will be with the Huskies. It might not make sense for Luke to commit to SCSU or even transfer to a St. Cloud high school if Steve's not going to be at SCSU for the next seven years... which he probably won't.

I don't know!!! That is the reason I asked the question I had heard he was playing here at Central this season but things change, I didn't read the page before. Also, I would think that Steve Johnson is probably going to be on a short list for college coaching jobs. Third, Steve's wife's family lives in Grand Forks and maybe they want to keep Luke close to them? I am pontificating but have heard that Luke will not be playing for UND. I think that is a shame but that is how things happen.

I don't know!!! That is the reason I asked the question I had heard he was playing here at Central this season but things change, I didn't read the page before. Also, I would think that Steve Johnson is probably going to be on a short list for college coaching jobs. Third, Steve's wife's family lives in Grand Forks and maybe they want to keep Luke close to them? I am pontificating but have heard that Luke will not be playing for UND. I think that is a shame but that is how things happen.

I imagine the odds of him playing junior hockey next year are pretty good. Lincoln took him with their first round selection back in May, but that doesn't mean they can't trade his rights.

When he played for Red River as an 8th grader, I was thinking that he would play high school hockey through his sophomore year and then go juniors. Based on what I see of his development as a player over the past 2 years and his physical growth as well, I still believe that he probably should play juniors next year. No inside info in my guess though.

I imagine the odds of him playing junior hockey next year are pretty good. Lincoln took him with their first round selection back in May, but that doesn't mean they can't trade his rights.

I do know that he went to the Fargo Force Tryout as well this fall. I would imagine we will see him in Lincoln next season.

So does Mario Lucia wait to see what happens to his dad before commiting to Minnesota? I think it's safe to say that the North Dakota wouldn't be an option anyway, the way tDon whines about their style of play. Kind of funny how he and Minnesota fans despise it, but then say how Minnesota needs to be more like that.

• Upvote 1

When he played for Red River as an 8th grader, I was thinking that he would play high school hockey through his sophomore year and then go juniors. Based on what I see of his development as a player over the past 2 years and his physical growth as well, I still believe that he probably should play juniors next year. No inside info in my guess though.

Ryan Potulny and Danny Irmen at RRHS left after there soph years to Lincoln. I'd be surprised if he came back for his junior year Central. Especially as Goon pointed out if he's already going to try outs for the USHL.

Ryan Potulny and Danny Irmen at RRHS left after there soph years to Lincoln. I'd be surprised if he came back for his junior year Central. Especially as Goon pointed out if he's already going to try outs for the USHL.

I also think he'll leave for juniors next season, but I don't think trying out for his dad's team this summer is neccesarily proof of anything.

I'd take Mario Lucia on our team if he wants to be here. He'd make a GREAT practice teammate. Players can practice chasing him when he runs away from fights, and when they do catch him he'd make a great punching bag for fighting practice. He can even wear a Gophers jersey during practice to make things even more game-like.

Too harshy? Naaaah... :lol:

I think your Kelly green shaded glasses have you a little delusional when it comes to the Lucia family. Keep in mind that Tony was one of the few hard nose Gopher players on some pretty underachieving teams. The game plan in the playoffs last year was to pound Tony. A family member has told me that Mario is the best player in the family, hands down. Mario will have his choice of a number of schools and where ever he goes, they will get a smart, well coached, hard working kid who also has good size. Should he be interested in playing in Grand Forks, I suspect that we would be happy. Also, just like I said with Tony, if he did play for us every time he scored against dad it would be like ripping off his arm and beating him with it...

I think your Kelly green shaded glasses have you a little delusional when it comes to the Lucia family. Keep in mind that Tony was one of the few hard nose Gopher players on some pretty underachieving teams. The game plan in the playoffs last year was to pound Tony. A family member has told me that Mario is the best player in the family, hands down. Mario will have his choice of a number of schools and where ever he goes, they will get a smart, well coached, hard working kid who also has good size. Should he be interested in playing in Grand Forks, I suspect that we would be happy. Also, just like I said with Tony, if he did play for us every time he scored against dad it would be like ripping off his arm and beating him with it...

joke   /dʒoʊk/ Show Spelled

[johk] Show IPA

noun, verb, joked, jok

I think your Kelly green shaded glasses have you a little delusional when it comes to the Lucia family.......Also, just like I said with Tony, if he did play for us every time he scored against dad it would be like ripping off his arm and beating him with it...

I'd pay to see that! :)

MN Hockey Hub has a couple of lists about MN kids getting DI interest. We're listed for a couple of guys.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/117423-top-minnesota-high-school-prospects

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/225438-2009-10-top-uncommitted-division-i-prospects

Michaelson, Schroeder,Tufte, and Knochenmus.

I would love to get Michaelson and Knochenmus on board. :)

I find it odd that Schroeder isn't getting interest from UMN?

Zach Schroeder St. Thomas Academy 5'8.5'' 163 Senior F Harvard, UM-Duluth, North Dakota

For anyone that has seen him play, how does he compare in talent to his brother?

For anyone that has seen him play, how does he compare in talent to his brother?

I don't know about talent but apparently he's smarter....

I've only seen him play once and was decently impressed with his game ... he looked feistier (is that a word lol) than Jordan. Has more grit. - though that might be due to the 3 penalties he took in that game haha. Jordan obviously has more of the high end skill. Zach would be a 4 year player in college