SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

In the end, we are all in it for ourselves and those we care about and love...a kid gets frustrated and sounds off...not the biggest deal in the world.

I'm sorry, but I disagree with this attitude.

A no-big deal attitude just sends a bad message. These things are important. It's important to teach young kids sportsmanship and respect.

I liked this take:

Chaska coach Dave Snuggerud said, “What I saw is what everyone else saw. It’s unfortunate. I talked to my players right after the game about what’s important in life. It’s not a hockey game on Feb. 12, it’s about playing the game with character.”

• Upvote 3

A no-big deal attitude just sends a bad message. These things are important. It's important to teach young kids sportsmanship and respect.

I liked this take:

Chaska coach Dave Snuggerud said, “What I saw is what everyone else saw. It’s unfortunate. I talked to my players right after the game about what’s important in life. It’s not a hockey game on Feb. 12, it’s about playing the game with character.”

Exacty. All of this.

• Upvote 1

I liked this take:

What about coaching with character? That sophomore goalie played as many JV games as varsity. I don't think you can play both in one night so one night JV next game varsity. Some people talked about the goalies numbers. Without knowing which goalie played against what quality of an opponent the numbers mean little. When you do not have much of a team to start with then why not play the kids who were there for years instead of sitting them on the bench?

What about coaching with character? That sophomore goalie played as many JV games as varsity. I don't think you can play both in one night so one night JV next game varsity. Some people talked about the goalies numbers. Without knowing which goalie played against what quality of an opponent the numbers mean little. When you do not have much of a team to start with then why not play the kids who were there for years instead of sitting them on the bench?

So in real life if he feels like he should be getting more pay or a promotion and doesn't, he should then find a way to cheat the company somehow and make a big scene and flip off the boss? It's called a life lesson, and he had better learn it early.

So in real life if he feels like he should be getting more pay or a promotion and doesn't, he should then find a way to cheat the company somehow and make a big scene and flip off the boss? It's called a life lesson, and he had better learn it early.

It is just a bs high school game that means nothing. He did what millions of people wish they could do. Flip off the boss and walk. There are two games left. One regular season game and one "one and done" playoff game. Neither of which he would have played in. He tried playing by the rules and that did not work. So then game on. Comparing this to a job is a stretch on your part. I will give you a comparison that is as far off as your's. During the Vietnam War how many times did enlisted guys ignore their Lt. because having listened to him would have gotten everyone killed? So by your logic they should have just listened and died instead.

The fact that this kid's father opened the gate for him to escape the ice after his "bitch" move tells me the father knew about it ahead of time and that this kid probably didn't have much of a chance in life to be an accountable human being.

Since when have high school star athletes ever been held accountable? What were the start athletes that graduated from Red River in 1980 doing? Having keg after keg which they operated like a business. Real upstanding citizens selling beer to underage kids. If one of those kids had died would they have been held accountable? Only in your wildest dreams.

It is just a bs high school game that means nothing. He did what millions of people wish they could do. Flip off the boss and walk. There are two games left. One regular season game and one "one and done" playoff game. Neither of which he would have played in. He tried playing by the rules and that did not work. So then game on. Comparing this to a job is a stretch on your part.

Disagree with pretty much everything written here. :)

• Upvote 2

A: High school athletes are not treated like the rest of the kids?

B: You never wanted to flip off your boss and walk?

C: Two games left to play?

D: Enlisted guys ignored their LTs to stay alive?

E: High school athletes are held accountable?

A- Never bothered me much either way if they were or weren't treated like the rest of us.

B- I preferred to handle situations with my boss like an adult. And, now that I am the boss, I expect the same.

C- Doesn't matter if there were 20 or 2 games left, what he did was weak.

D- Wouldn't know. My dad was in Vietnam, maybe I'll ask him.

E- See answer A.

• Upvote 1