SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Doesn't mean anything but...

Moncton has a goaltender that measures 5'1" tall!

Holy crap!

He must be a stand up goaltender. If he went down in the butterfly, 3/4ths of the net would be open. :D

Haha. I saw that. But its a mistake. I googled his name. It's supposed to be 5'11''

The Upper Midwest High School Elite League season starts tonight at New Hope Arena. There are two games, but the more intriguing game should be the Southeast vs. Southwest game (since we are recruiting players off both teams), here is the schedule and league website where you can look at the rosters,

Schedule

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/document/0012/2171/Elite_Schedule_2010_rev_2_20100812.pdf

Rosters

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/page/show/207681-elite-league-team-rosters?subseason=25550

Who do you like for Southwest (or can't you say)...going to the game tonight.

EDIT: Nevermind, after reading more of the thread it must be Molenaar.

• 2 weeks later...

Highly touted forward recruit AJ Michaelson from Apple Valley said he has narrowed down his choices to U of M and UND. He will make his decision after attending the BSU-UND opening series in Bemidji.

He is a junior in highschool right now.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/61004?referrer_id=32770

Time for the fans to put on a good show in Bemidji and make him realize he wants/needs to be a Sioux! :)

Would be a great recruiting get for UND if they can land him over UMN.

Highly touted forward recruit AJ Michaelson from Apple Valley said he has narrowed down his choices to U of M and UND. He will make his decision after attending the BSU-UND opening series in Bemidji.

He is a junior in highschool right now.

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/61004?referrer_id=32770

Perhaps I am over thinking this but why would you go to a UND/BSU game to decided whether you were going to UND or U of M. Seems to me I would attend a game of the team I planned to commit to other then going to a game of the team I don't plan to commit. Just a thought.

Perhaps I am over thinking this but why would you go to a UND/BSU game to decided whether you were going to UND or U of M. Seems to me I would attend a game of the team I planned to commit to other then going to a game of the team I don't plan to commit. Just a thought.

Are you kidding, you know how tough these tickets are going to be? The kid is a genius... I would bet he has already seen a game at the Ralph.

If you read the article carefully he says that he is also giving BSU a look, the night of the UND/BSU game is a BSU recruiting visit. He visited UND this last summer.

If you read the article carefully he says that he is also giving BSU a look, the night of the UND/BSU game is a BSU recruiting visit. He visited UND this last summer.

That's got to suck for BSU. He's there on an official recruiting visit, but yet he has already stated that BSU is not in his final two choices. :)

"Obviously how the coaches play the game and how they expect you to play", was the quote that stuck out to me. Is he even sure if Lucia and company are going to be at Minnesota? From what everybody says he is a great talent. Would be nice to line him up next to Grimaldi and possibly Rowe on the powerplay in the future and possibly still have Simpson around and Schmaltz. He would have a nice surrounding cast either place he plays, but you would love to see Grimaldi and him together. Could be the only time he sees the Bemidji arena if he chooses the Gophers and they join the Big Ten.

"Obviously how the coaches play the game and how they expect you to play", was the quote that stuck out to me. Is he even sure if Lucia and company are going to be at Minnesota? From what everybody says he is a great talent. Would be nice to line him up next to Grimaldi and possibly Rowe on the powerplay in the future and possibly still have Simpson around and Schmaltz. He would have a nice surrounding cast either place he plays, but you would love to see Grimaldi and him together. Could be the only time he sees the Bemidji arena if he chooses the Gophers and they join the Big Ten.

Maybe he's waiting to see if John Hill leaves Minny for a lucrative career as a used puck bag salesman.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the top 20 scorers for the Upper Midwest Elite league......10th grader, Luke Johnson (Grand Forks Central), is 11th....

http://minnesota-high-school-hockey.blogspot.com/2010/10/2010-top-20-scorers-upper-midwest-hs_11.html

A couple of questions......Are we after Johnson? Also, does anyone know if we are after Justin Kloos, Lakeville South? Thanks!

Here's the top 20 scorers for the Upper Midwest Elite league......10th grader, Luke Johnson (Grand Forks Central), is 11th....

http://minnesota-high-school-hockey.blogspot.com/2010/10/2010-top-20-scorers-upper-midwest-hs_11.html

A couple of questions......Are we after Johnson? Also, does anyone know if we are after Justin Kloos, Lakeville South? Thanks!

I would suspect SCSU has the inside track on Johnson - the asst. coach knows him very well :-)

I would suspect SCSU has the inside track on Johnson - the asst. coach knows him very well :-)

Hmmm.... Not sure.

It's not always true. Guentzel's kid went to CC when pops wasn't there.

All of the Eaves kids went somewhere other than Wisconsin.

Isn't there a Serratore playing DI this year? I don't know who's kid that is, but if that's true (and they are related), he doesn't play for Bemidji or Air Force.

I know Tony Lucia isn't the only one, but he's the one that comes to mind as the most recent exception to what I've just typed.

Don't count on Luke going to UND, I heard from a good source that he will not be playing for UND.

Hmmm.... Not sure.

It's not always true. Guentzel's kid went to CC when pops wasn't there.

All of the Eaves kids went somewhere other than Wisconsin.

Isn't there a Serratore playing DI this year? I don't know who's kid that is, but if that's true (and they are related), he doesn't play for Bemidji or Air Force.

I know Tony Lucia isn't the only one, but he's the one that comes to mind as the most recent exception to what I've just typed.

Your point may be entirely valid and I'm not going to argue that kids are very likely to choose a school other than where their dad coaches, but I'd like to point out that both Ben and Patrick Eaves committed to BC before Mike was hired at Wisconsin. Also, Gabe Guentzel wasn't offered the opportunity to play for Minnesota, even as a walk-on. As for Serratore... Frank and Tom are his uncles, his dad Tim never made it out of the NAHL.

Don't count on Luke going to UND, I heard from a good source that he will not be playing for UND.

Yay! What I'd like to know is if he's going to transfer schools and move to central Minnesota or if he's going to remain in Grand Forks?

Your point may be entirely valid and I'm not going to argue that kids are very likely to choose a school other than where their dad coaches, but I'd like to point out that both Ben and Patrick Eaves committed to BC before Mike was hired at Wisconsin. Also, Gabe Guentzel wasn't offered the opportunity to play for Minnesota, even as a walk-on. As for Serratore... Frank and Tom are his uncles, his dad Tim never made it out of the NAHL.

Yay! What I'd like to know is if he's going to transfer schools and move to central Minnesota or if he's going to remain in Grand Forks?

He will be staying in Grand Forks for the time being from what I have heard.