SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

BBBBB? ;)

Both Ben Blood & Brett Bruneteau? :huh:

if it is blood then it would be safe to assume that he would be a 2008 recruit(89 born i believe). blood would be a sweet pickup...and i agree with azsioux that is a SWEET bonus on the name. the only name i could think of that would be more bada$$ would be "death"...which wont happen.

if it is blood then it would be safe to assume that he would be a 2008 recruit(89 born i believe). blood would be a sweet pickup...and i agree with azsioux that is a SWEET bonus on the name. the only name i could think of that would be more bada$$ would be "death"...which wont happen.

There was a defender in the MNJHL last year named Bath. Granted anyone in that league probably isn't goning to play for the Sioux, but how cool would a Blood-Bath D-Line be... ;)

Now with the huge pick up of Bruneteau that pretty much lines up the impressive class for 07'. My question is what are the chances to get Gregoire for 08' and hopefully Blood and Toews. That would be a perfect wish list for the next 3 recruits for the Sioux! Congrats to Hakstol and the rest of the coaches for there great job of recruiting the last few months!! Chichy, Brueneteau and Kristo, I don't think any other team can match those last 3 recruits!

Now with the huge pick up of Bruneteau that pretty much lines up the impressive class for 07'. My question is what are the chances to get Gregoire for 08' and hopefully Blood and Toews. That would be a perfect wish list for the next 3 recruits for the Sioux! Congrats to Hakstol and the rest of the coaches for there great job of recruiting the last few months!! Chichy, Brueneteau and Kristo, I don't think any other team can match those last 3 recruits!

What do you base this on?

This is a HUGE commitment. Remember just a few weeks ago when some people were complaining that we didn't have many recruits and it didn't look like we had a very good class. People were questioning the staff.

Things can change is a hurry.

Congrats Brett, I here your a hell of a hockey player, can't wait to see him in a Sioux uni.

Now that we have quite a few forwards lined up for the next few years I think we need to get a defenseman or two. I am hoping we can land Blood for the simple fact that the two D coming in next year are offensively skilled and not the big bruising type. This is why I think Blood would be a great pickup for 08 because we will need a big bruiser to go along with the skilled defenseman. Thoughts?

Now that we have quite a few forwards lined up for the next few years I think we need to get a defenseman or two. I am hoping we can land Blood for the simple fact that the two D coming in next year are offensively skilled and not the big bruising type. This is why I think Blood would be a great pickup for 08 because we will need a big bruiser to go along with the skilled defenseman. Thoughts?

Blood is a very highly regarded D-man. I suspect he will not wait until 08, I think he is an 07. I still think he would fit well, but someone will be sitting... Unless Chorney and Lee both leave.

There is room for another forward next year. Actually we are one short right now.

Moreland was going to come this year, but couldn't.

3 of our future forward recruits are all 89's and it may not hurt any of them to play another year of juniors, but we will have to wait and see how they do the rest of the year because there is a lot of hockey left.

Look at that Ted Purcell at Maine. He is like a 25 year old freshemen (J/K he is 21) and he looks good. If he would of came 3 years ago he probably wouldn't have been noticed and today he would be a junior just hitting his prime.

Plus, you never know what the NHL teams are going to do, they may want some guys who are not ready because a lot of them GM's and coaches think they can develope the players better in the AHL. for example who thought Chucko would leave or those guys Mankato lost(I don't even know their names).

Bottom line is you have to be ready for anything that could happen.

I was sensing sarcasm in #1 Hak's post. I might be wrong though. We are getting a lot of recruits out of high school, the national team, BCHL and Shattuck so that might have also been a part of it.

I agree, the coaching staff has been doing a good job getting a number of well rounded recruits. The national team we have historically lacked on, but with the committments from Cichy and Kristo were starting to get more players from there. It isn't like the Gophers where like this year for example they only have one guy that isn't from Minnesota, that being Briggs.

Blood is a very highly regarded D-man. I suspect he will not wait until 08, I think he is an 07. I still think he would fit well, but someone will be sitting... Unless Chorney and Lee both leave.

i honestly dont think that he has a choice, most of the best schools are going to be full at d next year. the sioux hopefully are in the running for 08 though. also im thinking that bruneteau will come in 07 if we have oshie leave(im optomistic he stays). and i think that marto is not going to be seen in green and white...just a hunch, nothing against him.

i honestly dont think that he has a choice, most of the best schools are going to be full at d next year. the sioux hopefully are in the running for 08 though. also im thinking that bruneteau will come in 07 if we have oshie leave(im optomistic he stays). and i think that marto is not going to be seen in green and white...just a hunch, nothing against him.

I think that you are wrong on Marto, there is a reason he just resigned a LOI. Playing time for Marto may be dificult to come by though.

I can't believe that the Sioux have commitments from 2 of the top forwards and one of the best Defensemen recruits from the USHL.

I didn't think that UND would ever get another recruit out of the USHL ever again.

And their Americans too. WOW

Just a question for you, what happened to make you think that we would never get a USHL recruit ever again? I am just curious as to your thoughts. Thanks.

Just a question for you, what happened to make you think that we would never get a USHL recruit ever again? I am just curious as to your thoughts. Thanks.

Sorry I was being sarcastic. There was a letter in the G.F. Herald last summer saying that the UND coaching staff won't ever get another good recruit out of the USHL and that the coaches and best players in the U.S. are going to disrespect the program because all three coaches are canadien.