SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

On 8/1/2023 at 1:44 PM, petey23 said:

I’ll never forget the Malone hit as we were in that corner when it happened. Boom out go the lights 

9 hours ago, brianvf said:

Of the 20 big recruit names on the Schloss list that were eligible to commit on 8/1, only two have committed thus far. 

O'Neill to UND and McKinney to Michigan.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/20-names-to-watch-when-college-hockeys-recruiting-season-opens-aug-1

The schloss is def missing some higher end kids…PuckPreps 3-5 rankings are gone. I’m guessing schloss knew we were out on a few kids and didn’t include them.

8 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

The schloss is def missing some higher end kids…PuckPreps 3-5 rankings are gone. I’m guessing schloss knew we were out on a few kids and didn’t include them.

He said his list is tailored to more NCHC/Big 10 recruiting areas so there will be some Eastern kids not included on his list. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Can anyone post a list or is that not allowed? I can't read the article and have been wondering who the 20 are? 

18 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Schloss did say that the list isn't the Top 20 players, it's tailored more towards UND with some other big names sprinkled in. 

8 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

In other news, I saw Cullen Potter started following UND on Instagram yesterday… 

Definitely worth noting. He was one who was following a handful of schools, but not UND. If they can just pull one from the Mooney / Potter / Hensler group. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

In other news, I saw Cullen Potter started following UND on Instagram yesterday… 

I’m telling you…that kid is special. I’ve seen him practice/play a bunch. That would be unreal if we could get him. I’m assuming that’s highly unlikely though.

14 minutes ago, AJS said:

Definitely worth noting. He was one who was following a handful of schools, but not UND. If they can just pull one from the Mooney / Potter / Hensler group. 

I know he almost played in Pitt last year before deciding on Dallas…maybe we could get both Mooney and Potter  :) 

5 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I’m telling you…that kid is special. I’ve seen him practice/play a bunch. That would be unreal if we could get him. I’m assuming that’s highly unlikely though.

Yeah I wouldn’t say I expect him to commit to UND but until he commits somewhere there’s always a chance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, I Ranger said:

Can anyone post a list or is that not allowed? I can't read the article and have been wondering who the 20 are? 

He gives a little background into each, but here are the names on his list:

James Hagens
LJ Mooney
Logan Hensler
Zachary Morin
Sascha Boumedienne
Sam Laurila
Garrett Lindberg
Cullen Potter
Cole McKinney (UM)
William Moore
Lukas Sawchyn
Charlie Trethewey
Andrew O'Neill (UND)
Caleb Heil
Masun Fleece
Drew Schock
Jake Stuart
Jacob Rombach
Cooper Simpson
Carter Murphy

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

James Hagens
LJ Mooney
Logan Hensler
Zachary Morin
Sascha Boumedienne
Sam Laurila
Garrett Lindberg
Cullen Potter
Cole McKinney (UM)
William Moore
Lukas Sawchyn
Charlie Trethewey
Andrew O'Neill (UND)
Caleb Heil
Masun Fleece
Drew Schock
Jake Stuart
Jacob Rombach
Cooper Simpson
Carter Murphy

I don’t know much about him but I believe it is all but certain Murphy commits.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I don’t know much about him but I believe it is all but certain Murphy commits.

Would be a nice legacy commit and he sounds like a skilled small dman, like his dad.

20. Carter Murphy, defense, Woodlands, Texas: Murphy is just 5-foot-6, 135 pounds right now, but size wasn't a problem for his dad. Murphy is the son of former UND star, Curtis, who won an NCAA national title in 1997. Murphy made USA Hockey's Under-17 Select Team, which will play in the Five Nations tournament in Czechia from Aug. 4-8. Murphy played last season with the Dallas Stars Elite. He's a draft pick of the USHL's Youngstown Phantoms.

26 minutes ago, brianvf said:

James Hagens
LJ Mooney
Logan Hensler
Zachary Morin
Sascha Boumedienne
Sam Laurila
Garrett Lindberg
Cullen Potter
Cole McKinney (UM)
William Moore
Lukas Sawchyn
Charlie Trethewey
Andrew O'Neill (UND)
Caleb Heil
Masun Fleece
Drew Schock
Jake Stuart
Jacob Rombach
Cooper Simpson
Carter Murphy

Thank you! A few on there that I don't recognize. 

On 8/10/2023 at 1:32 PM, brianvf said:

Would be a nice legacy commit and he sounds like a skilled small dman, like his dad.

His dad was among the last that really knew how to utilize the hip check. Does anyone remember a Sioux player after him that was better at it? 

3 hours ago, Tbone said:

His dad was among the last that really knew how to utilize the hip check. Does anyone remember a Sioux player after him that was better at it? 

Alas, the hip check, a thing of beauty, chased out the door by the interference call.