SiouxSports.com Forum

Bengals vs Hawks Sept 14, 2024

Nodak78

24 minutes ago, Sioux95 said:

Wasted a good opportunity to get some reps for our backup QB.  Wondering if he'll be here next year if they can't get him some meaning reps with a 30 point lead in the 4th quarter.

Jerry should have a minimum of 3 series running our regular offense today.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Dustin said:

I like the idea of Jerry getting reps, too, but it’s not like Romfo doesn’t need the game experience. Maybe up big in the second halves of the next two games, we’ll all get to see our popular backup quarterback. 

i agree...if simon is your guy and he hasn't gotten much reps....roll with him....but at some point you have to look at the totality of simon's throws...............d2 stuff......that one where someone was literally 8 yds away...it looked like he spiked the ball on purpose to kill the clock

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

i agree...if simon is your guy and he hasn't gotten much reps....roll with him....but at some point you have to look at the totality of simon's throws...............d2 stuff......that one where someone was literally 8 yds away...it looked like he spiked the ball on purpose to kill the clock

I have to rewatch the game, he threw several one hoppers but some was where there was tight coverage. As I said need to watch again to see how much was coverage and how much was unforced. 

Just now, UND Football Fan said:

I have to rewatch the game, he threw several one hoppers but some was where there was tight coverage. As I said need to watch again to see how much was coverage and how much was unforced. 

don't rewatch it....it's ugly

Just now, UND Football Fan said:

I have cleaned public bathrooms…I have a strong stomach.

Bo WITH Jerry would've carved these guys up....taken pressure off the o-line and we would've won this game 60 plus to 14.

Bo still had a great game tho.

Romfo had some bad throws that should be easy throws, but finished 25/38 (65.7%) for 287 yards and two TDs. He’s got a ton to improve on obviously, but I’m sure he’s aware of that. Side note: career high for Bo today. Guess there was some sort of passing game? 

Jerry will get his chance. I do wish they got him in much sooner. Not sure what the thinking was there. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, fightingsioux4life said:

If Jerry is so much better than Romfo and still cannot get on the field outside of a kneel down situation, why should any non-North Dakota athlete want to come here?

Or are reports of Jerry's greatness grossly exaggerated?

What does being from ND have to do with it? schuster was from Michigan and he played a few games.

3 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Hunt, Z, and Isaiah could be one heck of a 3 headed monster!!

And Seidl might be the best of the bunch. Not a knock against any of them. I think they are all solid and it’s great to have them all here! Hope for more games where they all find the endzone. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, wheelsup said:

As a general note.. it is possible to both be excited about UND football and our current over performance of expectations and also be very concerned about Romfos throwing ability.  The way the bengals were focusing on the rushing game an above average passer would have had 400+ yds.  defense played good enough in the first half that it didn’t matter.  Would have like to have seen our backup QB.. if you aren’t putting him in in the last quarter at least in this game you aren’t ever putting him in.  I’m guessing that contributed to feeneey leaving also.. for some reason the backup qb doesn’t get any time even with a bit lead. 

Let’s not forget this is his 3rd game as a starter. Coaches love his arm and accuracy. We may not have seen it yet, but it will come. The underneath passing and running will open up the deep routes. Just need to hit on them. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, forksandspoons said:

What does being from ND have to do with it? schuster was from Michigan and he played a few games.

It appears that a plucky North Dakota kid will be favored over a talented kid from outside the region. I guess I am just trying to figure out how Romfo is the starter when he throws balls into the turf like Sean Greenwalt.

• Like 1

Just now, Siouxperfan7 said:

Let’s not forget this is his 3rd game as a starter. Coaches love his arm and accuracy. We may not have seen it yet, but it will come. The underneath passing and running will open up the deep routes. Just need to hit on them. 

Would you say he's shown either through 3 games? 

• Upvote 4