SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Frozen Four

Dustin

7 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

This post shows you how much things have changed since 2016.  What else has changed since that year? 

I don’t have my flip phone anymore?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 90siouxfan said:

You missed my point. You're living in the past.  

u missed my point.......when was the last time und had a defensive guy/crew that opposing cake eaters are / wree afraid of?

maybe like others have said...are we the new cake eaters?

5 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Good interview with Carle at around the 20:00 mark. Did not know they had no transfers this season and only 3 in the last 2 years. Talks about top 8 schools hosting then top 4 host then Frozen Four. I’m on board with that 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/spittin-chiclets/id1112425552?i=1000652595389

that almost makes too much sense................

7 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Good interview with Carle at around the 20:00 mark. Did not know they had no transfers this season and only 3 in the last 2 years. Talks about top 8 schools hosting then top 4 host then Frozen Four. I’m on board with that 

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/spittin-chiclets/id1112425552?i=1000652595389

Wasn’t Broz a transfer from Minnesota?

1 hour ago, SJHovey said:

Wasn’t Broz a transfer from Minnesota?

Yes.  They must have meant new incoming transfers this season.  Since this year was his 2nd year at DU...he was only at UMN for his FR season.

14 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

u missed my point.......when was the last time und had a defensive guy/crew that opposing cake eaters are / wree afraid of?

Tyler Kleven. That got us an unceasing stream of PIMs. 

The game has changed. Big hits along boards get reviews. Any open ice hit where someone goes down gets reviewed. You need big solid players but if they get a reputation it'll draw attention and penalties. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

2022-23

17 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I know that the physical game is less now because of different reffing.  However, in my opinion being a cake eater also includes the mental part of the game.  Do you come to play and play hard in big games?  Not showing up for the first 10 minutes of the third in a regional game with a lead is cake eating in the first degree.  Also winning one regional game since 2016 is the frosting on the cake.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2024 at 12:23 PM, tnt said:

Schlossman's article about what it takes to win a title talked mainly about goaltending and winning some coin flip games.   He also mentioned UND wasn't far off.  Well, they were actually 4 games off.  In order to get to a coinflip, you have to be mentally prepared for the better part of the game, and not have lapses like UND did.   I think there were probably teams outside of the tournament that would have been better prepared to take advantage of that kind of game.  By coin flip alone, you would think UND would win a game every once in a while in the tournament.  

Would have been nice to hear from Schlossman about UND's shortcomings down the stretch rather than saying they weren't far off.  Save "weren't far off" for programs like St. Cloud State, Western or Omaha.   As Berry says playing for this program isn't easy because you have an expectation to win, and it isn't for everybody, so let's not get to the point where you settle for moral victories. 

Guys like Jammer understand all of this. That’s why he gives 100% every game. He plays above his potential. That’s a leader. Now, that kind of passion and work ethic has to be instilled in all the very talented young guns.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

I certainly know a number of coaches at the NHL level change lines often, while there are many others that believe you need to keep lines together for quite a while and only change them if things are a complete mess. 

I think people put too much emphasis on lines and line chemistry on here. On the forums, we have people blasting Berry for both changing the lines too often AND not changing the lines often enough. 
In the actual games, how often are the actual lines (from the line chart) playing together anyway? They constantly get shuffled due to penalties, injuries, shortening the bench, and with players flipping due to special teams. 
In all honesty, these players practice and play with each other enough that they can “make it work” with most any combination of players out there. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Benny Baker said:

If UND is not playing in the Fargo regional championship in March 2025, then it’s time for a change. 

I’d be on board with this. 
UND returns a strong team. They should be able to contend for a 2 seed or higher. And then they get a “home” regional game(s) as a reward. If they can’t take advantage of that next year…again…it might be time for the AD to make the tough call. 

• Like 1

I think Berry is a great guy but does he have the ability or the will to change ? Hasn’t shown that the last 6-7 years. You would thing he would be under pressure to preform he talks about the pressure to play here , what about coaching. He needs to build some positive culture and stop adding to the negative side. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

the issue is a mental one, that and 10 cents will buy you, umm, wait, what,   get off my lawn.

Yep. The problem is from the neck up. They'll have another talented roster next year, but can they develop the mindset needed to win at the end of the year?

46 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Yep. The problem is from the neck up. They'll have another talented roster next year, but can they develop the mindset needed to win at the end of the year?

but as simple as that sounds it is not like flipping a switch.....