SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Denver Friday Night

cowboys5xsbs

1 minute ago, Goon said:

Nick is a little salty tonight. 

When isn't he?    It wasn't a smart play on Blake's part...another game tomorrow night, should have just smothered it, but, he is pumped up. And trying to send a message....I just hope he isn't sitting tomorrow night

• Upvote 2

I understand being down 2 but twice tonight they were down 3 and came back. That blows my mind. This team showed against a great team that they can turn things around. DU is a great team. Not alot of teams can do what UND did against DU tonight.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Watching the replays.  On the tying goal...James completely creates that goal by using his blazing speed to get the puck around the DU dman and poke it over to Jammer.
Very impressive, really showed his speed there.

He hasn't scored a goal yet this season using his speed like that but an assist is just as good

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

I raise my hand when I thought we were done after the 1st period 

Bow my head and go to my room 

Let’s face it, the odds weren’t great, but no reason to throw in the towel and pull Perrson.  I think fans put way to much stock in a period, a game, a weekend, and even a small streak one way or another.  Whether we got swept this weekend or not, I have seen enough to think we will be a team in the conversation down the road, as will Denver.  Other teams have strengths and weaknesses too, so I’ll try not to draw too many conclusions from a small sample size.  

14 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

Denver needs to be training at altitude.

We looked fresh in the third, and they looked gassed.

Yes, the announcers mentioned it multiple times in the 3rd too.

12 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

I too thought the stick raising by DU was ridiculous after goals and had a chuckle when the green men did it in response. 

Yeah I didn't get where that was coming from.  Is that something that DU has done all this season?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

If Blake is suspended, which I'm not implying he will be, it just means the league has an agenda that doesn't favor our favorite team in kelly green.  Blake gave him a good pop and deserved two, but Rizzo, the little b**** that he is, couldn't handle our smallest guy giving him a little extra in the corner.  Two minutes is fair, but that's all it is.

+1

11 minutes ago, 108498 said:

I understand being down 2 but twice tonight they were down 3 and came back. That blows my mind. This team showed against a great team that they can turn things around. DU is a great team. Not alot of teams can do what UND did against DU tonight.

We were only down 3 once by my recollection.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

People thinking he will be suspended for that are ridiculous. Two guys going hard for a puck in the dying moments of a game. 2 min interference absolutely. Nothing more. I’m 100% sure I would say the same thing if the roles were reversed. 

I agree. That was what he got, a 2 minute boarding penalty 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Big A HG said:

If Blake is suspended, which I'm not implying he will be, it just means the league has an agenda that doesn't favor our favorite team in kelly green.  Blake gave him a good pop and deserved two, but Rizzo, the little b**** that he is, couldn't handle our smallest guy giving him a little extra in the corner.  Two minutes is fair, but that's all it is.

Great post bud 

Just now, 108498 said:

Did Denver quite or how did UND come back? 

Early on, I think we were surprised by DU's speed in attack, and how many guys they were bringing deep into the zone.  Credit that for their early goals.

Later, we started moving our feet and skating like we've seen all season.  Also I suspect some coaching adjustments to our play in neutral ice and our forecheck, but that's hard to tell  on TV. 

DU didn't quit by any means, IMHO, but we started playing with real gusto.  (They hit a pipe late, and Berg saved a goal by pulling it off the line into Persson, or it could have been 7-7.) And yeah conditioning seemed to play a role late on. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jk said:

I was most shocked that Blake was physically able to throw that hit.  Didn't know he had that ability.  I think he just really wanted to win that loose puck and clear it.  A little reminiscent of Oshie's famous hit when he and another guy were racing down the ice for the puck.  How about instead of winning the race I just drop you.  I don't even think it was a penalty.  

Was that against Prosser?

• Upvote 3