SiouxSports.com Forum

Transfer Portal 2023

sioux24/7

So I’m not a firm believer in building through the portal but I’m going to guess this year we see heavy action, especially on the defensive side. I’m sure Bubba and co. aren’t feeling amazing about their job security beyond next year so they need to make a dramatic push and as far as I know, we don’t have the bodies on the defense already here to rebuild that. 

Just now, gundy1124 said:

It hurt taking a Chance type player like Otis then having that blow up.  But, winning the GPA conference title doesn't need to be the goal either.   Bring in some dogs, win a bunch of games with them, hopefully they don't get arrested in the process??  It's tricky.

If this becomes our goal, we should just apply to join the Pioneer League.

16 minutes ago, gundy1124 said:

It hurt taking a Chance type player like Otis then having that blow up.  But, winning the GPA conference title doesn't need to be the goal either.   Bring in some dogs, win a bunch of games with them, hopefully they don't get arrested in the process??  It's tricky.

I would say they got some nice value from Otis, though. He was pretty damn good for that short while

3 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I would say they got some nice value from Otis, though. He was pretty damn good for that short while

All the more reason to go out and recruit the whole damn country. No restrictions. Get good football players. 

now, of course this is a bit extreme, but und should be more extreme than what they have been. 

• Like 1

Some guys the coaching staff are following on X that are intriguing to me. 

• Jonathan Bunce (OLB) - St. Thomas
  • Jordan Knapke (SS/OLB) - UNC
  • Khai West (DB) - Mankato
  • Owen Goss (DB) - Colgate
  • Jimmy Buck (WR) - St. John's

Let's get some of those guys offers! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, AJS said:

Some guys the coaching staff are following on X that are intriguing to me. 

• Jonathan Bunce (OLB) - St. Thomas
  • Jordan Knapke (SS/OLB) - UNC
  • Khai West (DB) - Mankato
  • Owen Goss (DB) - Colgate
  • Jimmy Buck (WR) - St. John's

Let's get some of those guys offers! 

A few other transfer portal guys that the coaches follow (coulda been following for a few years now):

Nic Sanker - LB - Princeton 

Ashtin Rustemeyer - DT - Arkansas State

Stephen Saywahn - DB - Iowa Central 

Dan Martens - DB - Louisville 

Amaun Williams - DB - Wisconsin 

Ross Gengler - OLB - Wisconsin 

Anthony Chideme-Alfaro - CB - Cornell 

• Upvote 1

Rumor has it that Bubba addressed the team last week with more fire than anything seen in the past.  Maybe the message is finally resonating that the “Mr. Roger’s” approach to firing up the team is not really working.  Also hearing that our younger quarterbacks are making real efforts to take on leadership roles.  While it can be hard to expect significant changes based on history, I remain hopeful that we will see moves forward again next year.  This team can be frustrating, but I’m hoping for improvement and will be right back tailgating and in my seats next year.  I am, however,  hoping we see real changes on defense and get some of the old Sioux linebacker and secondary hitting back into the system.  Our coverage schemes on third down clearly have to be scrapped as well.  We have a whole year to work on that….

17 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

Rumor has it that Bubba addressed the team last week with more fire than anything seen in the past.  Maybe the message is finally resonating that the “Mr. Roger’s” approach to firing up the team is not really working.  Also hearing that our younger quarterbacks are making real efforts to take on leadership roles.  While it can be hard to expect significant changes based on history, I remain hopeful that we will see moves forward again next year.  This team can be frustrating, but I’m hoping for improvement and will be right back tailgating and in my seats next year.  I am, however,  hoping we see real changes on defense and get some of the old Sioux linebacker and secondary hitting back into the system.  Our coverage schemes on third down clearly have to be scrapped as well.  We have a whole year to work on that….

3…..2….

33 minutes ago, Hans8891 said:

Too little too late why wait till after the season

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Hans8891 said:

IMG_1679.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

So when is this max exodus supposed to happen? Portal has been open for 3 days……

So we end up losing one underclassman to the portal????  I thought some of you were FB experts…….

That may have been your first mistake :p