SiouxSports.com Forum

Army @ UND - Icebreaker Tournament

stoneySIOUX

1 minute ago, Esoteric said:

7-2 but feel it was an ugly game with a few things that the coaches will focus on for improvement.  The break aways were really worrying. 

They were, but not shocking with an entirely new defensive group.   

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

Much better skating team with a lot more playmaking

Passed up too many grade A opportunities for the extra pass

Too many careless turnovers

Need to see more defensively but definitely got caught on few odd mans getting a little too aggressive offensively

Yes, it seems once they got in the offensive mode, they started taking unnecessary chances of going all out for offense, wanting to be a part of the barrage.  Some shades of early last year in that regard.  The offense should come if they just take care of the puck and the front of their own net.  It’s early, so hopefully they focus on that going forward.

I'm not sure if it was a set play or not, but if you watch Perron's goal again either A) Berg missed the pass from Gaber in the slot, or B) He purposely let the puck go by to Perron on his off wing for the clapper.  

If it's B then that's a great hockey play getting all eyes on Berg in the middle for Perron to find space.  If it's A, then still a play we will remember with Perron getting his first.  

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm not sure if it was a set play or not, but if you watch Perron's goal again either A) Berg missed the pass from Gaber in the slot, or B) He purposely let the puck go by to Perron on his off wing for the clapper.  

If it's B then that's a great hockey play getting all eyes on Berg in the middle for Perron to find space.  If it's A, then still a play we will remember with Perron getting his first.  

I saw that too.  It looked like Berg put his stick down but then didn't reach for the pass when it went by him.
I think he let it go by him intentionally knowing that Perron was on the other side.

Tomorrow should be a good game and an even better test.
UW had 3x the number of shots as BSU (61-19), and almost 2x the faceoff wins (46-24).

That said...they had a horrible shooting % and an even worse save %.
I hope we crush them and send Hastings home with his first loss at UW.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

UW had 3x the number of shots as BSU (61-19), and almost 2x the faceoff wins (46-24).

That said...they had a horrible shooting % and an even worse save %.

This will be an excellent test for us defensively.  Mike Hastings teams will make you pay in the d zone for any shortcomings you may have.

Ludvig will get a bit more of a workout.  Tough to get into a game with 13 shots, 3 of them breakaways. 

38 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I thought that too.  He's the reason the puck went across to Gaber.  

They gave him the assist during the game. Then they pulled it.

It was definitely a takeaway that went to gaber stick for the finish. The “black and white” statistician would say it was a takeaway that happened to land on gabers stick. The human watching the game would say Perron was trying to do that. That was a pass.

11 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

They gave him the assist during the game. Then they pulled it.

It was definitely a takeaway that went to gaber stick for the finish. The “black and white” statistician would say it was a takeaway that happened to land in gabers stick. The human watching the game would say Perron was trying to do that. That was a pass.

It should count as an assist, but it won't since it never touched Perron's stick. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, brianvf said:

Agreed!  Hastings and his goons deserve a solid thrashing.  Better dead than Red!

• Upvote 1