SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

5 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Been to VB MBB and WBB. Quality of the product drives interest and attendance.  They all should be ecstatic to play in a facility like the Betty.

I would like to know where all the negativity of the Ralph and Betty in this thread is coming from all of a sudden? 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gfhockey said:

At least he wasn’t sitting by himself by the men’s bathroom at the Betty!

I still don’t understand that. Lot of old money that is in that arena during games and he can chooses to sit by himself

Have you ever went over and talked to him about concerns? If not, please do

6 minutes ago, Parkers Pros said:

Meant Sioux Falls is less than an hr away from Brookings and they are a metro compared to GF...

Not an important argument, I'm genuinely curious why having Sioux Falls being 58 miles away from campus has any benefit to SDSU for recruiting student athletes. 

15 hours ago, forksandspoons said:

Bill Chaves started March 1, 2018. 

- football has plateaued under Bubba and coaches pay hasn’t kept up with peers; went 9-2 in 2016 and won the Big Sky and zero playoff wins outside of spring season 

- hockey has missed the NCAA tournament multiple times. Not sure they ever missed the tourney under Faison. Won natty 2016 

- mens basketball has been a middle of the pack or bottom feeder since it went to the ncaa tourney in 2016-17 season 

- womens basketball has been a bottom feeder since going 20-11 in 2016-17; that includes a 2 win season 

- volleyball, which used to be one of the most dominant sports on campus, has been a bottom feeder since going to the ncaa tourney in 2017. That includes a 1 win season 

Do I need to go into the other sports? How long of a leash does Chaves get??

Quoting to bring this back to the front of the thread.

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, nodakgirl93 said:

I would like to know where all the negativity of the Ralph and Betty in this thread is coming from all of a sudden? 

und sold its athletic department for REA.....money goes in there and then it goes in the basement and from there who knows where it goes but it aint to the fb program

Just now, AJS said:

Not an important argument, I'm genuinely curious why having Sioux Falls being 58 miles away from campus has any benefit to SDSU for recruiting student athletes. 

Stuff to do cause there isn't much to do in Brookings besides SDSU stuff and Nicks burgers, maybe hunting and fishing.  Families being able to fly into somewhere easily so they can see their kids and no direct flights into Brookings, this is a huge deal for families.  SF is over 200,000 people. Brookings about 20,000. Both SDSU and USD use SF as a recruiting tool...

1 minute ago, Parkers Pros said:

Stuff to do cause there isn't much to do in Brookings besides SDSU stuff and Nicks burgers, maybe hunting and fishing.  Families being able to fly into somewhere easily so they can see their kids and no direct flights into Brookings, this is a huge deal for families.  SF is over 200,000 people. Brookings about 20,000. Both SDSU and USD use SF as a recruiting tool...

were 2 hrs away from a major metro area.....should we be selling our proximity to winnipeg to recruits

drinking age is 18 iirc

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Didn't UND revive its men's golf program thru private funds? How many UND FB alumni are there compared to golf alumni? FB donations from alumni to help propel program  forward should be low hanging fruit.

agreed.....the financial setup in the AD might be a perfect setup for mediocrity.....like keeping some people om food stamps....just enough to get those 7 wins....nothing more nothing less

if someone call to cold call some fb alumni or just super fan who knows how much more they could pay danny and the boys...

like @gfhockey says .....chaves just sits bt the shitter on his burner phone posting on his burneraccount instead of the old fashioned pressing the flesh and making connections like tom clifford wouldve done and did

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

agreed.....the financial setup in the AD might be a perfect setup for mediocrity.....like keeping some people om food stamps....just enough to get those 7 wins....nothing more nothing less

if someone call to cold call some fb alumni or just super fan who knows how much more they could pay danny and the boys...

like @gfhockey says .....chaves just sits bt the shitter on his burner phone posting on his burneraccount instead of the old fashioned pressing the flesh and making connections like tom clifford wouldve done and did

TC was the best. He was the man back in the day.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

Why are we comparing an AD to a President?
I know its an unpopular opinion, but UND's AD is one of the more highly respected one's at UND's level and in peer groups. There's a reason he's on multiple committees for different sports.  However, there is no argument that the W&L's need to get back to following the rest of the positive things going on though. A lot of sports were left in some pretty bad spots and turning things around isn't always as simple as we all wish it was.

Just out of curiosity, when's the last time UND has an AD that everyone universally loved? I can think of a issues going back quite a few decades.
Faison?
Buning?
RT?
Wanless?
Gino?

• Downvote 3

21 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I know its an unpopular opinion, but UND's AD is one of the more highly respected one's at UND's level and in peer groups. There's a reason he's on multiple committees for different sports.  However, there is no argument that the W&L's need to get back to following the rest of the positive things going on though. A lot of sports were left in some pretty bad spots and turning things around isn't always as simple as we all wish it was.

Just out of curiosity, when's the last time UND has an AD that everyone universally loved? I can think of a issues going back quite a few decades.
Faison?
Buning?
RT?
Wanless?
Gino?

Respect within the confines of your comfortable inner circle is easy.

Just ask Epstein......oh wait nevermind. 

Garnering respect outside your comfortable inner circle takes effort and is more challenging.  "Just email me."

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Faison?
Buning?
RT?
Wanless?
Gino?

I think under Thomas we had most success  mens fb wbb hockey

but success led to bad budgeting

So buning was good at balancing budgets

the d1 move we needed exposure and faison was a master at getting us most exposure. In fact our exposure has decreased since he left

we used to be on national networks