SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

Hey, does anyone know anything about this:

New for the 2024 season, Alerus Center is launching on-field suites for all home UND football games. Stationed at the southeast corner of the end zone, this space will provide up close and personal views that are unmatched throughout the facility. Food and beverage service will be available through the standard suite operation and will also include other premium upgrades such as complimentary VIP parking in the Valvoline Instant Parking lot, expedited entry through the VIP doors, dedicated restrooms for those field suites, and exclusive on-field access to be able to access the space.

Only 2 upper classmen in the two deep on the OL. Welcome to the world of the Portal. I think, well and hope, last year was an anomaly in losing 3 starters. But wouldn't be surprised if one OL a year leaves,  good OL are in such high demand. However if the program can continue to build......need to get like the SU's where they have really good lineman and they usually stick around as it's been proven they can still get drafted. 

44 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Sometimes you get players from unexpected places. Good luck to the kid, I'll be pulling for him.

I'm not saying it is a bad thing, but back in January who would have guessed.....everyone was wondering.....will it be Jerry or Trey. New OC didn't recruit any of them so his mind was as wide open as it could be. Romfo has been nothing but a winner, actually kind of excited about the underdog.  If he has a strong enough arm and is accurate enough.....and with his running capability.....could be fun to watch. 

Hopefully it's not a sign of the OC thinking our OL is too young and inexperienced that the QB will be running for his life so he thinks Romfo is the better option. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

Only 2 upper classmen in the two deep on the OL. Welcome to the world of the Portal. I think, well and hope, last year was an anomaly in losing 3 starters. But wouldn't be surprised if one OL a year leaves,  good OL are in such high demand. However if the program can continue to build......need to get like the SU's where they have really good lineman and they usually stick around as it's been proven they can still get drafted. 

Our linemen and recruits have been as good recently 

43 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

IMG_6833.jpeg

Not sure any teams should Take note but he had half as many rushing years as passing. Might be a new dimension we haven’t had and with Feeney backing him up why not utilize Simon as a running QB. Don’t hold back against ISU and Montanan knowing we have suitable backups. Can he throw the deep ball!

27 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

I'm not saying it is a bad thing, but back in January who would have guessed.....everyone was wondering.....will it be Jerry or Trey. New OC didn't recruit any of them so his mind was as wide open as it could be. Romfo has been nothing but a winner, actually kind of excited about the underdog.  If he has a strong enough arm and is accurate enough.....and with his running capability.....could be fun to watch. 

Hopefully it's not a sign of the OC thinking our OL is too young and inexperienced that the QB will be running for his life so he thinks Romfo is the better option. 

Maybe we are going to run the triple option!

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

Hey, does anyone know anything about this:

New for the 2024 season, Alerus Center is launching on-field suites for all home UND football games. Stationed at the southeast corner of the end zone, this space will provide up close and personal views that are unmatched throughout the facility. Food and beverage service will be available through the standard suite operation and will also include other premium upgrades such as complimentary VIP parking in the Valvoline Instant Parking lot, expedited entry through the VIP doors, dedicated restrooms for those field suites, and exclusive on-field access to be able to access the space.

Alerus upping their game.  Awesome.

I wasn't pulling for any QB just wanted the best.  Surprised but I don't think Simon was surprised.  He worked hard as all QB's did.  Who know we could see all three QB's Before the season is over.  Not hoping for injuries but you never know.  Go UND.