SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

18 hours ago, NDRA said:

Ok, let's look at how legitimate top 16 teams would fall into that category.  Top 8 teams get first round bye.  Shouldn't 9 thru 16 seeds win at least one playoff game?  I know upsets happen but it seems like the upsets are always happening the other way with Bubba.  

Don't disagree, but it is an absolute fact that UND has also absoultely gotten the short-end the last two years with their draws. Getting completely screwed by not having a home game and playing the de-facto #9 seed on the road despite having a higher bid when they were nowhere near the last team selected in 2022. Last year, even though they should have won and at least got a home game, Sac St was easily the toughest draw in the highest ranked match-up while a bunch of east coast cupcakes got to play each other. Add in having to get dressed in tents at McNeese in 2019 and you really start scratching your head. Two of those three literally caused rules to be changed because they were so egregious. 

I know plenty will jump all over that about making excuses and I will absolutely be clear even getting a fair draw in the first round doesn't you past the second round (nor does blowing a lead against Richmond at home!), but to pretend UND's playoff draws have been anything but a joke over the last few years have not helped build some momentum and improved the results also isn't realistic. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, dmksioux said:

UND should win at home in the playoffs. I don’t care how tough the draw is. Solid teams when at home when they are supposed. We had no clue on what to do, on D, against Sac St.  We looked lost for much of that game…embarrassing. 

Just ignoring the part where he says they should have won?

• Downvote 1

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

Wow! We've reach all-time levels of delusion. Just keep living in that fantasy world! 

Which part are you referring to? UND should have won last year in the playoffs, nobody is disagreeing with that. 

• Downvote 3

Just now, NDRA said:

East coast cupcakes playing each other in the first round is always gonna happen with regionalization, every playoff team has to put up with that.

Sac St wasn't that tough a draw, especially at home.  They got beat pretty handily at SD the next week.

After their QB got hurt and left the game early in the 2nd quarter, yes. 

• Downvote 2

49 minutes ago, petey23 said:

image.png.43f941fede7d62519a800e0e91aa1ab5.png

Everybody who's anybody knows that ain't in the patch.

That's Helmer's Bar (and Strip Club) in Oriska, ND. How do I know that? I've driven ND 32 a couple times. No further comment. 

@NDRA is that what you were thinkin'? 

2 minutes ago, NDRA said:

They were down 24 to 7 when Camp left the game.

The point remains though, UND should have won that game. Until the FCS playoffs start seeding in a way that doesn't prioritize regionalization, there's going to be issues. As @jdub27 pointed out, the NCAA has made two different rule changes based on UND's screw jobs with the committee already. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, CMSioux said:

No coincidence that the perpetual negative posters see this as more than a mixed negative. They see what they want to see and continue to rub their hands at bad news. 

Negative posters? Okay so you’re a positive poster … glad we got that straightened out. What’s positive about losing nearly every road game and never winning post season games while regional rivals win playoff games, including national championships, year after year?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Don't disagree, but it is an absolute fact that UND has also absoultely gotten the short-end the last two years with their draws. Getting completely screwed by not having a home game and playing the de-facto #9 seed on the road despite having a higher bid and when they were nowhere near the last team selected in 2022. Last year, even though they should have won and at least got a home game, Sac St was easily the toughest draw in the highest ranked match-up while a bunch of east coast cupcakes got to play each other. Add in having to get dressed in tents at McNeese in 2019 and you really start scratching your head. Two of those three literally caused rules to be changed because they were so egregious. 

I know plenty will jump all over that about making excuses and I will absolutely be clear even getting a fair draw in the first round doesn't you past the second round (nor does blowing a lead against Richmond at home!), but to pretend UND's playoff draws have been anything but a joke over the last few years have not helped build some momentum and improved the results also isn't realistic. 

There needs to be more accountability; it’s realistic to also acknowledge that. UND needs to make their own luck, and get the job done. Stop blaming others, like the playoff committee. It’s a petty excuse, so I do agree with you on your point being essentially an excuse, and not realistic discourse.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

There needs to be more accountability; it’s realistic to also acknowledge that. UND needs to make their own luck, and get the job down. Stop blaming others, like the playoff committee. It’s a petty excuse, so I do agree with you on your point being essentially an excuse, and not realistic discourse.

For the millionth time, nobody disagrees with this. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

For the millionth time, nobody disagrees with this. 

But then you and your group of delusionists go and make excuses for why the job doesn't get done lol

Blaming the playoff committee for why we lose a home playoff game lol give me a break

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Negative posters? Okay so you’re a positive poster … glad we got that straightened out. What’s positive about losing nearly every road game and never winning post season games while regional rivals win playoff games, including national championships, year after year?

CM Sioux is from the crowd that says, "But we made the playoffs... or we finally beat NDSU this year." We should just be happy with a mediocre 7-5 record and a first-round playoff exit every year.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1