SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Hasn't @gfhockey claimed to be a representative of the Good Old Boys Club (GOBC)? I think he should come out and tell us.

This is all just purely hypothetical, but it would seem this GOBC is the enemy given all the “inbreeding” concerns of late. Therefore, is @gfhockey actually the enemy?

3 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Hasn't @gfhockey claimed to be a representative of the Good Old Boys Club (GOBC)? I think he should come out and tell us.

Can I be added to this club?

I'd like to be bad at my job and sit around collecting a $200k+ salary each year! Sounds like fun! 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Can I be added to this club?

I'd like to be bad at my job and sit around collecting a $200k+ check each year! Sounds like fun! 

to be especially effective this career path should be just before retirement....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do we know?
And was Dale all that popular (aka influential) at the time having left UND hangin' not long before. 

And who was on, and influenced, that hiring committee. 

I think RT handed DL a very dedicated, motivated team with a high level of skills and executions….he had one year and reaped the benefits.  Can’t say he achieved that anywhere else unless I am wrong.

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree, not black and white, but UND football hasn’t faced an exodus like this before, at least not in the recent past. The mixed narrative explanation (that is, there are a lot of things in play for each coaching move) is really just a pathetic way to save face. In reality, if being honest with ourselves, we all know the writing is on the wall. Even folks who do not closely follow UND football or have any internal connections can see it. I do appreciate your (@jdub27) persistent loyalty to the current Bubba regime, though, although you’re likely to go down with the ship. 

Having personally talked to at least one of the individuals you referenced, along with a handful that are still with the program who also gave insight, saying that is a "mixed narrative" is 100% accurate. It was a combination of a bunch of different things, each situation different than the other. Similar to what happens to plenty of coaches at programs across the country.

No disagreement on timing, who left, when the they left, where they left to, replacements leaving among other things doesn't feel like an absolute gut punch that has piled up. However, I think UND has done a pretty good job in identifying talented people to fill those spots the last few years. Very much hoping that trend continues. The schedule is not going to be any sort of walk in the park and most understand what is on the line.

To be very clear, my loyalty isn't to a head coach or the staff in general. It is to what is best for the program within the realm of being realistic. To that point, whether buying out the current coach, who has solidly put the program well into the top 12-15 programs over the past 5 years but hasn't been able to take it one step further yet, it is also not a realistic outcome for a handful of reasons. So I don't view it as an option. That conversation absolutely changes after the coming season. And again, that isn't a secret.   

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

Man, some good news involving the football team would be great right about now. Not holding my breath, though 

Taylor Swift dumps KC TE for UND TE Quincy Vaughn?  :huh: :p

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Taylor Swift dumps KC TE for UND TE Quincy Vaughn?  :huh: :p

And does a benefit concert at the Alerus for UND football? Tickets start at $50 and go to $200. We get 100% of ticket sales.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

And does a benefit concert at the Alerus for UND football? Tickets start at $50 and go to $200. We get 100% of ticket sales.

Your prices are off by at least a factor of three if not four or more.

#FleeceTheSwiftees

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, NDRA said:

Doesn't a "solid" top 12-15 team win some playoff games?  Honest question.

Bubba took us from "Muss level" to "Massey 15" level.

Can he lead and make one more step or is this like Thomas -> Lennon, or Hak -> Berry, or UMD (Bubba -> Nielsen). 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jdub27 said:
Not surprisingly, can't find anything definitive on who was on the search committee though I would have some guesses. Faison and Kelley made the final call and this article outlines how big of a cluster the hiring rules laws at the time made it to get an outside candidate:
https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football-und-hiring-process-is-a-unique-endeavor

l

Is this still the hiring process? Ndsu seems to be able to fill their open spots a heck of a lot quicker than we do. 

also any news on the strength coach? 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Bubba took us from "Muss level" to "Massey 15" level.

Can he lead and make one more step or is this like Thomas -> Lennon, or Hak -> Berry, or UMD (Bubba -> Nielsen). 

Ok, let's look at how legitimate top 16 teams would fall into that category.  Top 8 teams get first round bye.  Shouldn't 9 thru 16 seeds win at least one playoff game?  I know upsets happen but it seems like the upsets are always happening the other way with Bubba.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

Having personally talked to at least one of the individuals you referenced, along with a handful that are still with the program who also gave insight, saying that is a "mixed narrative" is 100% accurate. It was a combination of a bunch of different things, each situation different than the other. Similar to what happens to plenty of coaches at programs across the country.

No disagreement on timing, who left, when the they left, where they left to, replacements leaving among other things doesn't feel like an absolute gut punch that has piled up. However, I think UND has done a pretty good job in identifying talented people to fill those spots the last few years. Very much hoping that trend continues. The schedule is not going to be any sort of walk in the park and most understand what is on the line.

To be very clear, my loyalty isn't to a head coach or the staff in general. It is to what is best for the program within the realm of being realistic. To that point, whether buying out the current coach, who has solidly put the program well into the top 12-15 programs over the past 5 years but hasn't been able to take it one step further yet, it is also not a realistic outcome for a handful of reasons. So I don't view it as an option. That conversation absolutely changes after the coming season. And again, that isn't a secret.   

No coincidence that the perpetual negative posters see this as more than a mixed negative. They see what they want to see and continue to rub their hands at bad news. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

And The Ralph gets 50% off the top. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SooToo said:

If you're not satisfied with a top 20 FCS finish and a playoff loss, you obviously have plenty of company. I think UND should be doing better, too.

I agree with you UND can do better than the current mediocre state of the program. Good enough isn't good enough anymore. 

• Upvote 2