SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 UND Football

andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!!

1 hour ago, jdub27 said:

So you admit you don't actually have a clue then complain anyway?
He hasn't had a connection to UND since he stepped off the field (2010) and graduated (2011). Went and got plenty of experience elsewhere and has a very solid resume. Better than what Danny had when he took over. Better than NDSU's when he was hired. Doesn't guarantee he'll be better or worse than either, but to blindly say you don't know anything about him other than he has a tie to UND and use that complain seems pretty odd.

If you read my post in its entirety you will see my “clue” is that bubba still runs this complacency train.  10 years prove that.  
The ex UND’ers have won ZERO playoff games in D1.   So that is the reasoning for my non excitement.   Does that make sense ?  

But you might of noticed I also typed ..Hope it turns out great.   Not a complaint. Hope he can bring UND a single playoff win.   Does that make sense ?  

46 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

nice write up by kelly on 360....

funny he says romfo is 2nd on the depth chart ahead of jerry....funny guy.

Anyone know if they (he...Kelly) plan(s) to run a National Signing Day podcast in Feb.?   

56 minutes ago, Longtime fan said:

If you read my post in its entirety you will see my “clue” is that bubba still runs this complacency train.  10 years prove that.  
The ex UND’ers have won ZERO playoff games in D1.   So that is the reasoning for my non excitement.   Does that make sense ?  

But you might of noticed I also typed ..Hope it turns out great.   Not a complaint. Hope he can bring UND a single playoff win.   Does that make sense ?  

I think we should wait until we've seen the offense for a few games before going negative. Besides, the offense isn't the problem on this team. We all know what needs to get better.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think we should wait until we've seen the offense for a few games before going negative. Besides, the offense isn't the problem on this team. We all know what needs to get better.

Why would anyone wait to see a few games for that? 

Some on this board have already started the coaching search based on a 3 or 4 win season next year before a down is played.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Some on this board have already started the coaching search based on a 3 or 4 win season next year before a down is played.

Sure piss and mown before he has a chance to start spring practice.  Actual I believe many will be surprised of Jake's offense.  It will be productive.

44 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Just sick and tired of hearing Bubba Schweigert’s nonsensical rambling and lack of quality leadership. Student-athletes are too. Sooner or later, need to have accomplishments tied to your words.

One. Trick. Pony.

37 minutes ago, Siouxperman8 said:

You’re upset people are making preseason predictions?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nodak78 said:

Sure piss and mown before he has a chance to start spring practice.  Actual I believe many will be surprised of Jake's offense.  It will be productive.

The bigger question is whether Bubba will allow Jake to run the offense and not micromanage. If Bubba is going to stick his beak in, it doesn't matter who the offensive coordinator is.

13 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The bigger question is whether Bubba will allow Jake to run the offense and not micromanage. If Bubba is going to stick his beak in, it doesn't matter who the offensive coordinator is.

The bigger questions will you wait and see or bitch and mown today.  I known the answer move on.  Fight Sioux or hawk.  I know I know.

• Downvote 1

43 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Just curious if you think bubba micromanaged Danny’s offense?  My totally uneducated opinion is no and I don’t know why he would micromanage Jake’s.. 

also.. not that it matters at all, but Jake’s dad was also a und football player back in the 70s and the family is good buddies with pawlek.. seems like a win win.  

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, DL Sioux said:

So now we aren't counting the 2020 playoffs?

We've adopted the Fargo narrative that COVID had an out-sized impact on the FCS blue bloods versus the rest of the field, thus it should not count, or at the very least it should be referenced with an asterisk. Oh, and Trey Lance.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

We've adopted the Fargo narrative that COVID had an out-sized impact on the FCS blue bloods versus the rest of the field, thus it should not count, or at the very least it should be referenced with an asterisk. Oh, and Trey Lance.

Then any championship won with six year seniors should also have an asterisk right?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Then any championship won with six year seniors should also have an asterisk right?

The NCAA did the best it could with a turd that spring season. There was no way to please everyone or even a majority of everyone. That said, if XXSU would have rolled through that spring to a natty, they'd have had no qualms raising that banner.

• Upvote 3

I'm excited for Jake to come in. I'm excited to see what Feeney can do.  Bubba still runs the program. The schedule next season isn't going to change.  I'm not expecting anymore wins than this past season. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

I'm excited for Jake to come in. I'm excited to see what Feeney Jerry can do.  Bubba still runs the program. The schedule next season isn't going to change.  I'm not expecting anymore wins than this past season. 

Spot on. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Longtime fan said:

My negativity resides with me full time as long as bubba is still coach.  I have invested many years and a lot of money into this football program over numerous decades.  Bubba is not a head coach.  He is still here so I expect the same BS outcome next year.  No expectations except that they can’t win the big road game, can’t win a playoff game, same boring pressers , same lack of of motivation…etc .  However … he will win one meaningful game at home that will keep fans thinking they turned over a new stone…..rinse and repeat.     How many UND fans really think Bubba can go to Fargo and win next year ?  Truly believe that ?  Not happening.   So bringing in another ex UNDer doesn’t excite me.  If Jake can get UND to actually win a meaningful game on the road or in the playoffs I will be smiling.  But “deer in the headlights “ Bubba is still here so I doubt that happens. 

I think it might be best for me to step away from the season tickets for awhile like I did with this board for 3 years.  Step away and breathe. I love UND and love UND football.   I also wear my heart on my sleeve with this program.  And right now it’s not healthy for me.  Wish I could be like more on this board and simply be ok with being so average but I cant.  It hurts.  

Like you, I'm a lifelong Sioux fan (football, hockey MBB, WBB).  I drive almost 700 miles one way once or twice a year for a hockey-football-hockey weekend, usually with two or three friends/grandchildren.  The 'SU game last fall is the best game that I've ever seen, and I've seen a lot of them (the D-2 win at UNI was right up there, though, along with the comeback win over No. Arizona to win the Big Sky).  What gets me over the hump after the losses is remembering that football/sports isn't life.  It's probably a bigger part of my life than it should be, but I'm still working on that aspect.  I'm hopeful of achieving a better balance.