SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 NHL Season

cberkas

That’s a first. The Wild are in overtime against Nashville and obviously need points. They pull Fluery when it’s 3 on 3 to make it 4 on 3 and they score to win it. That is a first for me and probably every other hockey fan

So had they lost the game with goalie pulled in overtime they would have lost their 1 point. I’ve never heard such a rule. Then again I’ve never seen that happen

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

That’s a first. The Wild are in overtime against Nashville and obviously need points. They pull Fluery when it’s 3 on 3 to make it 4 on 3 and they score to win it. That is a first for me and probably every other hockey fan

So had they lost the game with goalie pulled in overtime they would have lost their 1 point. I’ve never heard such a rule. Then again I’ve never seen that happen

Are you saying they would have lost the point they got getting to overtime?  

14 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

We're not serious about winning; we're happy with OT: point

We're serious about winning; we'll pull in OT: no point 

Did I get that? 

Isn’t that ludicrous?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

We're not serious about winning; we're happy with OT: point

We're serious about winning; we'll pull in OT: no point 

Did I get that? 

Good for the Wild...but fix your stupid point system and make every game worth 3!

• Upvote 4

Proposed rule changes

Proposed NHL rule changes would grant coaches new challenges (sportsnet.ca)

One immediate change will see players get a warning and then a penalty for hanging their legs over the bench during play. This is a tactic widely employed when players change on the fly, but a recent injury to an official prompted this adjustment, according to Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman.

1 hour ago, Yote 53 said:

Jesus, did the Wild suck last night.  Perfect opportunity to gain ground on St. Louis and Vegas and they stunk the joint up.  Can't believe I watched that entire game.

It was 6-0 when I flipped past...

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/10/2024 at 5:59 PM, sioux rube said:

They did it again, but this time it bites them, and they lose the point.  When you are fighting against Vegas for the final spot, why don’t you pull your goalie before overtime before Vegas gets that secure point?

• 2 weeks later...

Coyotes moving to Salt Lake City is basically a done deal and will move around April 18th. I'm going to guess that they will be called the Utah Yeti (Ryan Smith said how the U and Y would be for Utah Utes and BYU). This whole thing is weird, so Ryan Smith is buying the team for 1.2 billion and The NHL get $200 million, and Alex Meruelo gets $1 billion. The coyotes go inactive, so Alex Meruelo holds a 5-year window to reactive the Coyotes and will give the $1 billion back ad an expansion fee. To do that he has to win the land auction and build the arena. The Tuson Roadrunners move to Tempe and play out of Mullett Arena for at least 1 year. Meruelo would own the AHL team still since it is not part of the sale. ASU wanted the Coyotes to build an arena district on the old golf course on ASU land (so they could use the arena for basketball) but Meruelo couldn't put a sports book there, but he could have put it at Tempe Marketplace, on Mill Ave in downtown Tempe, or across the lake at Watermark. I just don't see how the NHL would let Meruelo own another team after all the issues that have gone on, and the fan base want nothing to do with him. He should just take the $1 billion and laugh at the NHL thinking they would get that back as an expansion fee. 

Utah did get $900 million for a new arena but watch it as long as it takes Meruelo to get arena built if he still does it. They should just play in Maverik Center (12,000) which IS a hockey arena for the time being over the Delta Center (14,000 but because of obstructed seats 10,000 is what I've heard is the capacity). 

With NHL insiders saying the Coyotes have the best fans for what they have been through over the years, I might have to agree sucks for them.

The irony 

Links to everything:

Sources: NHL, Arizona Coyotes working on agreement to sell and relocate to Salt Lake City - Daily Faceoff

https://x.com/Gambo987/status/1779011908018020361

What an NHL glorious mess last night.

PHI pulls not knowing what else was happening in league and "The Osh" scores the ENG to put WAS into playoffs.

Sanderson gets an apple on Stutzle's OT baseball swing (belt high slider) goal to knock DET out. 

40 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

PHI pulls not knowing what else was happening in league and "The Osh" scores the ENG to put WAS into playoffs.

Sanderson gets an apple on Stutzle's OT baseball swing (belt high slider) goal to knock DET out. 

Stutzle's goal had nothing to do with the fate of DET. Detroit was eliminated when PHI pulled its goalie and WAS scored. If the game went to OT and WAS only got one point, DET would have secured the last playoff spot. 

PHI needed a regulation win and a DET regulation loss to stay alive. The minute DET/OTT went OT it was against PHI, yet they pull, and WAS wins in regulation while OTT puts down DET in OT. It was a glorious mess of five minutes of clock time. 

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

Anyone else hoping Oshie has coaching aspirations?  

If I had to guess his initial coaching might be if any of his 4 kids under the age of 10 start playing sports. Seems like the kind of guy who will want to spend as much time with his family as possible when he is done playing.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Being a Flyer fan I was watching and one minute things were looking pretty good and then Montreal chokes away a lead against Detroit for the second time in two days.

it was a real shame that Oshie getting the empty net goal and clinch the playoff spot for the Caps was that it made the penguins game tonight meaningless(sarcasm intended)

• Upvote 1