SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 NHL Season

cberkas

8 minutes ago, petey23 said:

If I had to guess his initial coaching might be if any of his 4 kids under the age of 10 start playing sports. Seems like the kind of guy who will want to spend as much time with his family as possible when he is done playing.

you are most likely correct,   perhaps he could have a consulting role as Director of Enthusiasm, bring him in  as a solution for end of season woes

36 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

PHI needed a regulation win and a DET regulation loss to stay alive. The minute DET/OTT went OT it was against PHI, yet they pull, and WAS wins in regulation while OTT puts down DET in OT. It was a glorious mess of five minutes of clock time. 

OTT did not play DET. DET played Montreal and DET beat them in OT.

1 hour ago, skateshattrick said:

OTT did not play DET. DET played Montreal and DET beat them in OT.

Then "whiskey tango" was the highlight they were running on NHL Network when I got home ... < sigh > ...

Sale of the Coyotes was approved by the NHL BoG. NHL would be better off getting rid of Meruelo since he is hated Arizona for just being a garbage owner. He hasn’t remotely tried to get an arena, even when ASU said you can build your entertainment district right here on the old golf course. 

The Doan retirement banner also pissed off a bunch of people. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

Sale of the Coyotes was approved by the NHL BoG. NHL would be better off getting rid of Meruelo since he is hated Arizona for just being a garbage owner. He hasn’t remotely tried to get an arena, even when ASU said you can build your entertainment district right here on the old golf course. 
The Doan retirement banner also pissed off a bunch of people. 

They stayed in Arizona longer than I thought they would 

To me there is nothing better than the Stanley Cup playoffs. Once again it’s wide open. The West is going to be a dog fight. The first round matchups are all pretty much toss ups. In the East I think 2 of the first round matchups will only go 4 or 5 games and that’s the Rangers over the Caps and the Canes over the Isles. Then again who knows. I’m going with the Rangers over the Stars in a 7 game thriller