SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 NHL Season

cberkas

21 hours ago, cberkas said:

That was quick.

Yeah, one day and one loss after Guerin said it is up to the players to pull themselves out of it.  Once again the old vote of confidence for the coach is the kiss of death.  Of course the buyouts didn’t give the coach much room to maneuver, and giving out new contracts hasn’t worked out as well as they would have hoped. 

3 hours ago, Goon said:

NHL won't do dick...they let Trouba for the Rangers whack Frederic for Boston in the head with his stick and he got a slap on the wrist.  Kirill the thrill better keep his head on a swivel next time they play Nashville.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

So, the Coyotes are doing pretty good 5 game winning streak.

And of those 5 wins are against the last 5 Stanley Cup champs in a row.

Last five 'yotes games (all wins): VGK, TBL, COL, STL, WAS. 
Who'd they PO in the scheduler's office? :D 

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Two teams that made the change are doing better. Do I want him out? no. They need to fix the 7-game losing streak they are on.

I would think Ron Francis would wait to give him some weapons to utilize.  I think overachieving last year increased expectations, but they don’t have a ton of high end talent, and guys that could be, like Beniers have underachieved compared to last year. Seattle has a ton of talented players that will be in the World Juniors this year, so they have plenty of up and comers if they have patience, which is in short supply in the we want it now world.  Teams like New Jersey have been rewarded for having a bit of patience.

3 hours ago, cberkas said:

Two teams that made the change are doing better. Do I want him out? no. They need to fix the 7-game losing streak they are on.

…and Vancouver started out great with Boudreau too, and sometimes it is only a short term burst.  I always have a problem with drastic changes from one game to another because it appears the players weren’t playing with any passion with the old coach, which makes me question their character a bit, especially when there was no time for the new coach to implement any changes.

On 10/19/2023 at 4:10 PM, Prison_Mike said:

Not a great way to start the season. Hope the Jets don’t leave Winnipeg for a second time.

image.thumb.png.f21b8a65e0a235f0b8c9af06d2bf01de.png

sometimes i listen to a radio station out of winnipeg and the callers always say the prices of everything Jets related are too high..........WELP....u are the smallest market in maybe all of professional sports........should've thought this out a little more

11 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

sometimes i listen to a radio station out of winnipeg and the callers always say the prices of everything Jets related are too high..........WELP....u are the smallest market in maybe all of professional sports........should've thought this out a little more

There's that and that area of Winnipeg is not a desirable area to be in, especially at night.

A bit stabby.

Shame as it used to be a spectacular time to hit a game.

14 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

There's that and that area of Winnipeg is not a desirable area to be in, especially at night.

A bit stabby.

Shame as it used to be a spectacular time to hit a game.

how many games you been to up there?  if it's over a period of time has it gotten worse(er)?  haven't been up there for a long long time.