SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 National Championship Game: Quinnipiac vs. Minnesota

Kevin G

6 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Half their D is gone anyway.  Plus Knies and Cooley gone for sure I'd bet.

I'm telling you don't bet too much on Cooley. Maybe it happens but it is much more 50/50 at best than everyone assumes. Especially with the loss tonight I'd be more surprised if Cooley decides to sign than if he comes back to Minnesota.

5 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Q was the better team. 

By far. Goofs scored 2 fortunate goals in def lapses by Q  but then Goofs sat back on their heels the last 30 minutes while Q dominated and finally deservedly broke thru late in game.

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Half their D is gone anyway.  Plus Knies and Cooley gone for sure I'd bet.

Probably, but sometimes teammates decide to stick together to win it all. This is one I’m sure they thought they would win. Next year  FF in St. Paul. Some NIL $$ might make a difference. Also depends on odds of playing in NHL right away. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

QU almost got skated out of the rink over the first 35-40 minutes. Then Minny went away from their strength. Let this be a lesson. KEEP YOUR FOOT ON THE PEDAL UNTIL THERE IS NO DOUBT. 

Motzko got outcoached bigtime, as much as I hate Pecknold he pushed the right buttons.

The decision to go away from your strength of playing with speed/skill and attacking and instead playing a defensive shell and lean on the weakpoint of your team the goaltender because you are scared to make a mistake was some kind of decision, especially when you haven't played that style all year.

• Upvote 4