SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-2024 Season

SWSiouxMN

8 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

Really? Does it matter where they come from? Seem a little small-town thinking. 

Yes it matters where they come from. Mentality and comfortability is directly related to success in any profession.  Plus, if they are average and play little defense why are we going 800 miles to get them?  There are plenty of those players within 4 hours of campus.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Yes it matters where they come from. Mentality and comfortability is directly related to success in any profession.  Plus, if they are average and play little defense why are we going 800 miles to get them?  There are plenty of those players within 4 hours of campus.  

Look at mayville state

they smoked us and where they get their talent from

• Upvote 2

I'll wash...rinse...repeat...this team needs shooters. Kacie is a scorer...and a good one at that but this team can't shoot the basketball. NDSU has 6 kids that would start on this team because they can knock down shots.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

I'll wash...rine...repeat...this team needs shooters. Kacie is a scorer...and a good one at that but this team can't shoot the basketball. NDSU have 6 kids that would start on this team because they can knock down shots.

and they need height and length, .  I said it before the season and it has proved true. 

• Upvote 2

they need to get a point guard that can run the offense and be able to shoot the three or create offense driving. We haven't had point guard since Leah Szabla before she got hurt. I look at that 2014 team we had we were big and had length and we had scorers from inside to the outside and Gene Roebuck recruited that team, and it amazes me now we only won one conference championship. Since then, the level of talent recruited has never equaled the talent that Roebuck brought in and even when we recruited talent weren't able to keep it or get it to play up to its potential. Bernhard is from the Roebuck era and i have to believe she has to know or can see were not where the program was in level of talent recruited or construction of the roster. We are not playing that smart basketball UND was known to play. 

1 hour ago, ND-fan said:

they need to get a point guard that can run the offense and be able to shoot the three or create offense driving. We haven't had point guard since Leah Szabla before she got hurt. I look at that 2014 team we had we were big and had length and we had scorers from inside to the outside and Gene Roebuck recruited that team, and it amazes me now we only won one conference championship. Since then, the level of talent recruited has never equaled the talent that Roebuck brought in and even when we recruited talent weren't able to keep it or get it to play up to its potential. Bernhard is from the Roebuck era and i have to believe she has to know or can see were not where the program was in level of talent recruited or construction of the roster. We are not playing that smart basketball UND was known to play. 

I'll disagree on the PG argument.  Kacie will finish...what top 5 in total points and assists? She has had pretty much no supporting cast for 3 years. She's one of the best I've seen at UND. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I'll disagree on the PG argument.  Kacie will finish...what top 5 in total points and assists? She has had pretty much no supporting cast for 3 years. She's one of the best I've seen at UND. 

Agreedd

no big in the middle

orth could argue as her best supporting cast

1 hour ago, SiouxFan100 said:

That would be Schiller 

She replaces Kacie. Not as strong but has the same great vision and knowledge. Also is the Cross Country champ so she's a conditioned athlete. Needs to add a few pounds as all frosh do.

11 hours ago, UND1983 said:

I don't necessarily agree with this sentiment but two ND and one SD commit coming in. 

18 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

I don't necessarily agree with this sentiment but two ND and one SD commit coming in. 

That’s fine, you don’t have to agree with it but their record the past few years certainly doesn’t prove me wrong.  If a UND team is to get distance recruits I would expect them to at the very least be good players with upside. We got enough average players in tri state area.    

• Upvote 1

The three recruits we have now all are guards and Schiller appears to be true point guard at 5-7. Mathern and Volmer are guards but kind of inbetweeners in that they are about 5-10 to 5-11 and on high school listing Mathern is listed at 6 feet. If the roster doesn't change from this year will have Davis, Aumer, Cottingham, Beal, Owen, and Bass plus the 3 recruits at guards, Pemberton, Horne, Hoskin at the forward positions, and Vanderwal, Ibrahim, and Jardine at the center position. 

I haven't seen Jardine on the bench is she hurt or is she not on the team, but she is still listed on the roster. Also, will Davis comeback for covid year. Otherwise, our is roster is full for next year unless we have some people leaving. Yes, Kacie has been playing a lot of minutes at point but just think if she was playing alongside Paige Myer of South Dakota State she would be scoring in high twenties and having much better looks at the rim than she is now. How we compete going forward with this team is pretty much baked we are what we are now. If we make a run in the Summit tournament it will be that we got hot shooting the basketball.

22 hours ago, ND-fan said:

The three recruits we have now all are guards and Schiller appears to be true point guard at 5-7. Mathern and Volmer are guards but kind of inbetweeners in that they are about 5-10 to 5-11 and on high school listing Mathern is listed at 6 feet. If the roster doesn't change from this year will have Davis, Aumer, Cottingham, Beal, Owen, and Bass plus the 3 recruits at guards, Pemberton, Horne, Hoskin at the forward positions, and Vanderwal, Ibrahim, and Jardine at the center position. 

I haven't seen Jardine on the bench is she hurt or is she not on the team, but she is still listed on the roster. Also, will Davis comeback for covid year. Otherwise, our is roster is full for next year unless we have some people leaving. Yes, Kacie has been playing a lot of minutes at point but just think if she was playing alongside Paige Myer of South Dakota State she would be scoring in high twenties and having much better looks at the rim than she is now. How we compete going forward with this team is pretty much baked we are what we are now. If we make a run in the Summit tournament it will be that we got hot shooting the basketball.

Jardine transferred to another school over Christmas.  It's Hoskins last year.  But you are right to many guards again. I don't think coach knows how to recruit or see talent