SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Early Departures & Portal Transfers

brianvf

45 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Yo, Mods.... this is way off track. 

Watching every hockey thread devolve into this is getting old.

All I have done is quote other messages and make counterpoints.  You only don't like what I have to say, which is fair, but what are you trying to accomplish?  This post of yours is more off track than any of mine have been.

11 hours ago, thUNDer said:

Ummm, did I miss the MN & QU natty game? Nope, we did quite well against #1&#2 last Fall. 

The Qu team that played in the fall was a terrible team compared to the team by the time the tourney rolled around... its foolish to toss that out there as "validation" for the season.

In fact... I'd say it validates the anti-Berry crowd (of which I am not a part of at this time FWIW)... 

Both teams DID NOT play good hockey that weekend but, one team progressed and improved to the point of being the Natty Champ..

One team regressed and repeatedly under-preformed...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Tyler Duke (tOSU) jumped into the portal.
Speculation is he's going to end up with his brother Dylan (UMich). 

I believe he announced late last week or this past weekend.

Josh Eirnesse (St Thomas) flipped there too. I was actually hoping we were in on him. Put together a really nice season last year.

25 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

I believe he announced late last week or this past weekend.

< best Waylon Jennings impression voice >
So if the Duke boys end up together are they going to rename Yost to "Hazzard" so they'll have ... The Dukes of ... nevermind.

I'll show myself out. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mattim said:

Is this an early departure/transfer portal thread or is it to just bash coaches thread? Each morning I see new comments have arrived only to be disappointed. 

Bro, work with me, I'm trying, even if it's for other teams. :)  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Big A HG said:

I've lost count, but I've been here 12-13-14 years or something.  The fact you're first saying this now shows you'd be incorrect.  Though Hak never won a title, he continued to grow the program in a positive direction and made UND hockey fun and competitive.  Berry started on a high note and has not only failed to continue that growth, but our program has waned under his watch.  I've given Berry his chances after earlier program hardships which is why I wasn't vocal then, but when it's time to call a spade a spade, I'm not going to sit here and not voice my opinion.  That's what we're all here for, is it not?  Or, do many of you just want a safe space echo chamber of positivity?  Some are okay with where UND is at.  I don't get it, but fine...so be it.  I'm not happy and won't accept where our program is right now.  Everyone wants to give Berry more chances, but keep in mind, this isn't his first misstep.  Covid fog is gettin' to many of you.  

Okiedokie.

11 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

Its not even just banners or pairwise rankings that get to me. Its great to win the NCHC and its always nice to be ranked. For me, the best part of the Hak regime what that making the NCAA tourney was almost a forgone conclusion. He certainly had some close calls, but he always found a way to get there. Then there was the first round which also seemed like it was almost a guaranteed win, and the number of Frozen Four appearances made it so much fun. Sure BC had his number, but still. At least we were watching hockey right at the end.

Yes and the same crap went on that's going on now.  How many people wanted Hakstol fired because he couldn't win the big one?  This is a never ending cycle. The only way to solve this problem is to win a title every year.

People need to realize there are many good programs in the country and every one of them wants the same thing.  After 25 years of solid finishes and a few national titles and many conference titles there are bound to be a few down years.

Any suggestions from people on the sight as to they you would think would be a good pick to coach this team and reasons why that person is a good fit?

• Upvote 4

Jack Perbix transferring from Western Michigan to Northern Michigan. He started his college career at Minnesota. If Motzko had stayed at St. Cloud, I believe Perbix would have played there, like the other Perbix boys. Quite an odyssey for Jack.

22 hours ago, Big A HG said:

I've lost count, but I've been here 12-13-14 years or something.  The fact you're first saying this now shows you'd be incorrect.  Though Hak never won a title, he continued to grow the program in a positive direction and made UND hockey fun and competitive.  Berry started on a high note and has not only failed to continue that growth, but our program has waned under his watch.  I've given Berry his chances after earlier program hardships which is why I wasn't vocal then, but when it's time to call a spade a spade, I'm not going to sit here and not voice my opinion.  That's what we're all here for, is it not?  Or, do many of you just want a safe space echo chamber of positivity?  Some are okay with where UND is at.  I don't get it, but fine...so be it.  I'm not happy and won't accept where our program is right now.  Everyone wants to give Berry more chances, but keep in mind, this isn't his first misstep.  Covid fog is gettin' to many of you.  

If you want a safe space for positivity just go to "All things Fighting Sioux" on facebook. Mama Gaber will take care of you

21 hours ago, jdub27 said:

You mean the one where UND was the number one overall seed going into the tournament that got cancelled?
Nothing guaranteed one way or another but if that season plays out, one of the two opinion camps have a data point to work with (and I'm stating it could have been either side).

For FO(* sake, lets not hang our hat on that season. I am sick of our fans saying "if we played that tournament, we would've been national champs", that season never played out and we will never know. The 98-99 team was one of the best teams UND ever had and they lost in their first game of the tournament that year. 

1 minute ago, stoneySIOUX said:

How about a space where we don't say the same crap, over and over and over and over? That's what I'd like to be safe from. 

Then everyone would have to leave Sioux Sports because everyone is equally to blame in saying the same crap over and over again.

• Downvote 1

I'm just glad I'll never live to see the day when our staff lets two native GF brothers and sons of a former Sioux athlete slip through their hands to play for our biggest rival, where they win two consecutive natties.    Not sure I could handle it.   For sure it would affect my social and professional lives and probably my libido.  

16 minutes ago, burd said:

I'm just glad I'll never live to see the day when our staff lets two native GF brothers and sons of a former Sioux athlete slip through their hands to play for our biggest rival, where they win two consecutive natties.    Not sure I could handle it.   For sure it would affect my social and professional lives and probably my libido.  

Unless you're posting from the great beyond, I think you have already seen that.

9 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Unless you're posting from the great beyond, I think you have already seen that.

After this season @burd is only dead on the inside ... so far.  

Now if you told him of the Potential Of The Unexpected Loss of Nearby Youth players from Grand Forks it might just bury him.

I'm trying to break it to him easy ... ;) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1