SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Shouldn’t something like that be easily referenced in the DI manual? Wait, that’s logical and this is the NCAA. 

That's where I got it. Section 12.8.3 - Criteria for Determining Season of Competition. The exceptions are 12.8.3.1.1 through 12.8.3.1.7. Pages 66-67 according to the manual, or 79-80 according to the pdf.

Well. That’s, that. What turned out to be an underachieving and overall disappointing season comes to end. I hope Frisch stays and I don’t see any reason why Kleven wouldn’t sign with Ottawa. I think he’s ready to play big boy hockey. Gaber? Dude was invisible the last game of season but I hope he stays.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SiouxFanatic said:

Well. That’s, that. What turned out to be an underachieving and overall disappointing season comes to end. I hope Frisch stays and I don’t see any reason why Kleven wouldn’t sign with Ottawa. I think he’s ready to play big boy hockey. Gaber? Dude was invisible the last game of season but I hope he stays.

Wonder if Gaber was hurt? Kleven didn’t stand out either. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

Wonder if Gaber was hurt? Kleven didn’t stand out either. 

Gaber has a hard time finding open ice to get his shot off. He has no business going pro. He’s a one-dimensional Shane Gersich. Not to be a jerk, but it’s true. Might as well stick around and enjoy the college experience as long as possible. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, brianvf said:

If Frisch and Gaber come back, and if we can find a capable goalie in the portal or recruit, I think next years team could be good. Our forward group will be talented with our current group and our incoming recruits. 

Agree. And as for the d-core, coach ‘em up!

5 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Agree. And as for the d-core, coach ‘em up!

Hit the portal hard and early for dmen. Don’t sit on it like they did going into this year. There’s no reason we shouldn’t end up with the top portal guys by enticing them with huge minutes and a good forward group. 

1 minute ago, Username Taken said:

Hit the portal hard and early for dmen. Don’t sit on it like they did going into this year. There’s no reason we shouldn’t end up with the top portal guys by enticing them with huge minutes and a good forward group. 

Our incoming pipeline D are ready. We just need to hang onto a leader for the group.

‘Now goalie is a whole other matter. 

Just now, The Sicatoka said:

Our incoming pipeline D are ready. We just need to hang onto a leader for the group.

‘Now goalie is a whole other matter. 

We have a pipeline for D? Is the plan to roll out 4 freshmen? Frisch is the question mark. If Moore or Bast are in your top pairing, best of luck. 

1 minute ago, Username Taken said:

We have a pipeline for D? Is the plan to roll out 4 freshmen? Frisch is the question mark. If Moore or Bast are in your top pairing, best of luck. 

If we keep three D (meaning 4, 24, 15) we can bring 5 freshmen D. 

No Frisch or need six D, yeah, probably a portal D. 

But we have to stop relying on the quick hit feel good portal. It’s an addictive drug and those are not good in the long run.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3