SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

He might be ready from the skill and performance side but there is no way he knows the playbook well enough to be the starter. You are takes are still really cringy …… something’s never change!

how the hell did a dummy like ketteringham figure it out so quickly when he transferred in? 

1 minute ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

how the hell did a dummy like ketteringham figure it out so quickly when he transferred in? 

I don’t think any freshman or transfer will know the entire playbook on the first gameday. You don’t think the playbook is bigger and more complicated than when Ket was the starter?

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

I don’t think any freshman or transfer will know the entire playbook on the first gameday. You don’t think the playbook is bigger and more complicated than when Ket was the starter?

yes about the playbook but that is offset by how dumb ketts is/was and by the looks of it how smart and talented jerry is.

ketts looking good btw

t_1024x1024

5 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I hope we win them all...

I also hope forum tech evolves so that when use the ignore feature it also ignore the responses.  Two clowns make this board repulsive, but what else would people discuss.

I'd kinda enjoy watching those two clowns going at it on here. Sadly they never do. Two principled idiots at each other's throats. Pass the popcorn!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Teeder11 said:

I'd kinda enjoy watching those two clowns going at it on here. Sadly they never do. Two principled idiots at each other's throats. Pass the popcorn!

The clowns I am referring to generally parrot each other, at least in terms of negatively and how fans auck because we don't care as much as them.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Forgive me if I value Danny Freund's analysis higher than yours. 

... and the Walter Payton Award watch list folks' opinion as well. 

What exactly has danny done at the qb position in terms of either recruiting, developing, or retaining qb's in his time at und that should make people think he's a qb whisperer?

Asking for a friend in Fargo that talks about 3 qb's in the NFL in the same time period Danny's has been at UND?

46 minutes ago, 90siouxfan said:

I hope we win them all...

I also hope forum tech evolves so that when use the ignore feature it also ignore the responses.  Two clowns make this board repulsive, but what else would people discuss.

Exactly.  Block feature would be nice also.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

And what have you done that's warranted your opinion to be better than his, have you been at every practice this year also? Have you been to one? What's the highest level you played QB at? 

Danny was WR coach I believe while Rudy was here. Look at the QB room now. We had a good commit that left last minute for FBS, picked up Schuster. Quincy was supposed to be good recruit, had FBS offer. Feeney highly thought of, now Kaminski. And Schuster is better than you give him credit for. 

Danny just recruited a guy who as a true freshman, you think is better than a watchlist finalist. I think Danny must be doing something right. 

Honest question that I probably won’t get any serious answers to: what has anyone on this board done to warrant a better opinion than the coaches on what plays to call? I’m guessing very few???? Any???

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, GoodGood said:

Honest question that I probably won’t get any serious answers to: what has anyone on this board done to warrant a better opinion than the coaches on what plays to call? I’m guessing very few???? Any???

That's the exact point he's making...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

And what have you done that's warranted your opinion to be better than his, have you been at every practice this year also? Have you been to one? What's the highest level you played QB at? 

Danny was WR coach I believe while Rudy was here. Look at the QB room now. We had a good commit that left last minute for FBS, picked up Schuster. Quincy was supposed to be good recruit, had FBS offer. Feeney highly thought of, now Kaminski. And Schuster is better than you give him credit for. 

Danny just recruited a guy who as a true freshman, you think is better than a watchlist finalist. I think Danny must be doing something right. 

two words..

tecmo

bowl

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

UND-FB-FAN.......the thing is most of us doing mind constructive criticism because it has taken much longer to get where we are an still quite a ways to go. I'm ok with some things being questioned and what not. But the volume of negative stuff over and over gets so old, it's multiple times on the daily. You position yourself perfectly to be the I told you so guy if we lose or something goes wrong. And your comment the other days about...."how about we try and win them all". I mean really, you don't think the rest of us want to try and win them all, c'mon. I would probably say more negative stuff from time to time, but I don't have too because you've probably already said it ten times that day. 

I mean the season is about to start and it's a great time of the year, but the board is a sh*t show right now....it's barely even enjoyable. 

He is really starting to sounds like a UND version of lakes (El Chapo) over on Bisonville. Not all takes are bad, but the repetitive bashing of the whole program gets really old.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sioux94 said:

I do check out practices from time to time when walking by or biking by.  The last time i saw a guy at a position that didn't look like the others was Matt Waletzko.  He just looked massive...moved well out there.  I assumed he would start in week one by what i saw but it took a few weeks or an injury to get in the staring lineup around week five or six iirc.  Jerry reminds me of him.  If you didn't know anything about UND's qb's and you checked out a practice or scrimmage you would think he's qb1.  He stands out from the other three that much to me.

so....

had a good commit but left for FBS....cedric case is currently playing qb  at central missouri (d2)

picked up schuster....no one else at the d1 level wanted him so pretty easy to pickup

quincy had hype....but i guess couldn't throw or run?

fenney...jury is stil out but looks promising...

So since 2013 our qb's were are...

joe mollberg-highly sought after...sucked...moved to TE

ryan bartels-played a bit than lost spot to keaton---had fbs offer but ending up sucking

jake hanson-local kid

kurt palendach-left after one year after seeing that mollberg was the future....currently a pro quarterback....in Japan.

keaton-best qb bubba's had...gutty fast smart qb

brad heidelberg-horrible

eric prater-?

brock boltman-moved to wr and renamed the brockstar

nate "axel" ketteringham-second best qb bubba's had....should never have another down for the sioux after cussing out fans on the catwalk

andrew zimmerman-played a bit...got hurt...not good.

noah grover?

tommy schuster-current starter-1 playoff win (covid season)

2020 spring

quincy vaughn-moved to te...can't throw or run

reid neal-?

ethan postler-?

trey feeney-current qb2

simon romfo-current qb3

colton hackel?

jerry kaminski-soon to be qb1

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I’m just reminiscing with what could have beens. Remember Cam Kuksa? Him and Reyes came in together and Kuksa played as a true freshman, I believe Reyes had an injury. Then Kuksa had I believe a back or spinal injury? Kid could hit. 

That is how I remember it.

32 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I do check out practices from time to time when walking by or biking by.  The last time i saw a guy at a position that didn't look like the others was Matt Waletzko.  He just looked massive...moved well out there.  I assumed he would start in week one by what i saw but it took a few weeks or an injury to get in the staring lineup around week five or six iirc.  Jerry reminds me of him.  If you didn't know anything about UND's qb's and you checked out a practice or scrimmage you would think he's qb1.  He stands out from the other three that much to me.

so....

had a good commit but left for FBS....cedric case is currently playing qb  at central missouri (d2)

picked up schuster....no one else at the d1 level wanted him so pretty easy to pickup

quincy had hype....but i guess couldn't throw or run?

fenney...jury is stil out but looks promising...

So since 2013 our qb's were are...

joe mollberg-highly sought after...sucked...moved to TE

ryan bartels-played a bit than lost spot to keaton---had fbs offer but ending up sucking

jake hanson-local kid

kurt palendach-left after one year after seeing that mollberg was the future....currently a pro quarterback....in Japan.

keaton-best qb bubba's had...gutty fast smart qb

brad heidelberg-horrible

eric prater-?

brock boltman-moved to wr and renamed the brockstar

nate "axel" ketteringham-second best qb bubba's had....should never have another down for the sioux after cussing out fans on the catwalk

andrew zimmerman-played a bit...got hurt...not good.

noah grover?

tommy schuster-current starter-1 playoff win (covid season)

2020 spring

quincy vaughn-moved to te...can't throw or run

reid neal-?

ethan postler-?

trey feeney-current qb2

simon romfo-current qb3

colton hackel?

jerry kaminski-soon to be qb1

FWIW, I do think Kaminski will be a stud, or I definitely hope he will be, but it is pretty simple to make the statements you made in your own context.

Could also be .... picked up schuster .... diamond in the rough, and owns the bulk of UND's D1 QB records.... Doesn't make what you said false, but you're also only giving a portion of the story.

Quincy Vaughn - moved to TE .... can't throw or run

Could also be ... not a great passer, but dominant, essential and reliable in short yardage situations. Could play a significant role this year.

Jerry Kaminski-soon to be qb1

Could also be .... Unproven at the college level, but possesses everything UND would like to see out of their future QB. While inexperienced he shows the making of a starter and will only get better with a year of seasoning. (Even if he had to sit 2 years; 1 as a RS and 1 as a backup, he would step in at about the same time Carson Wentz did. I'm sure the kid wants to play but lets not pretend he turned down playing for Alabama to come to UND either).

Point is .... anyone can tell a one sided story. Give full context to what you are trying to say and people might take your view a little more seriously.

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

What exactly has danny done at the qb position in terms of either recruiting, developing, or retaining qb's in his time at und that should make people think he's a qb whisperer?

His current starter owns about every UND QB record (or will) and is on the Walter Payton Award watch list. Recruited. Developed. Retained. 

Oh, and you pointed out Feeney is here and could play now (but maybe not as a freshman). Recruited. Developed. Retained. 

• Upvote 3