SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I’m not on Twitter so gotta ask, was Mavpuck offended? -I would think UND fans would be pissed if a visiting player showboated like that at the Ralph. 

That’s pretty rich coming from a guy who once re-enacted the strip tease scene from Slap Shot in front of an opponent’s bench after scoring a goal in Colorado’s F League…

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Goon said:

I just watched the video; there's the old saying about acting like you've been there before, the celly was a bit over the top. The bigger problem is Omaha being swept is a PWR killer. 

Was in omaha this weekend, mother in law’s birthday. Caught the game, depressing. Omaha is small and young, they’re gonna have a long year…

On 10/8/2022 at 6:21 PM, brianvf said:

OSU moves to 4-0 with a 4-3 w over UW.  UW had a 3-0 lead at one point but Halliday (former UND recruit) gets 3a.

One of the stats guys from BU over at USCHO posted in the Wisconsin thread that since the 2018-19 season, there have been 1050 games where a team has a 3-0 lead.  The team with the lead is 1001-31-18. 

I don't think that cheered up the Wisconsin fans.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, SJHovey said:

One of the stats guys from BU over at USCHO posted in the Wisconsin thread that since the 2018-19 season, there have been 1050 games where a team has a 3-0 lead.  The team with the lead is 1001-31-18. 

I don't think that cheered up the Wisconsin fans.

Isn't UND one of the "...-31-18", the "Eff-up 49", in that 1050 stat? :crazy:

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Isn't UND one of the "...-31-18", the "Eff-up 49", in that 1050 stat? :crazy:

It's certainly possible, but no particular game comes to mind.  Just skimming the CHN site, it looks like we've had 12 games during that 4+ year span in question where we've scored 3 or more goals and lost or tied.  I don't see any where we had a 3-0 lead, but it's possible.

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Like the holy grail of depressing…in Nebraska…watching Omaha hockey…with your mother-in-law.  Oof.  

Noooooooo $hit. Dinner at Darlene’s… but I got to take my granddaughter to the farmers market. They have a really nice one at Aksarben on Sunday mornings.

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Tbone said:

Guess it’s a pretty good deal that mother in law is into hockey. There is worse out there. 

Oh no, dinner was Friday. We went to the Saturday game! My wife went to UNO, I think I said that last year. So dinner at the in-laws, then sitting next to a woman in tears all night. LOL

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Sounds more like someone lost a bet. 

I would never bet if that was the potential outcome!!! Actually *setting myself up* I don't mind the Mavs. I don't place the "whiny Jan Brady" monicker on them like some others. I think they are hard working, decent kids. Well, now that that Joey guy is gone anyway. As for the coach, he's young, lots to learn. Seems ok to me. Just some brain farts in terms of interaction with his peers. My understanding is that he was a player years ago. Maybe he got hit with a puck or was the victim of some contact with the head...

14 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Proud to say my daughter coached her Jimmie women to their first ever school win over Maryville here in Jamestown Sunday 4-3 in overtime 

For neat  - I read the Jamestown Sun at least weekly and saw this. Of course, didn’t know the coach was your daughter. You should be proud. I will follow this team more going forward. I have connections to the Jimmies

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

For neat  - I read the Jamestown Sun at least weekly and saw this. Of course, didn’t know the coach was your daughter. You should be proud. I will follow this team more going forward. I have connections to the Jimmies

Thanks. Appreciate it. She is really enjoying it. I’ve jumped on the ice a handful of times with her team during practice. A great group of gals that love the challenge of being a new team 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cberkas said:

Western Michigan beats BGSU 4-1

Sacred Heart beats Holy Cross 3-2

Penn State beats Mercyhurst 6-3

Providence beats Clarkson 5-2

Union beats Bentley 5-1

Michigan State beats Lowell 4-3

Thursday night college hockey…I hope we never see this at North Dakota.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1