SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Can confirm, happens at the 2:26:20 mark. Also, this is priceless, stick salute after losing to an AHA team at home.

Per their announcer, they have lost 10 straight series openers.

mavs.png

So, remember last year how Omaha got out of the blocks with a 7-1 record and were ranked in the top 15? -their non-conference opposition was against nothing but cupcakes. When the Mavericks hit league play, they came back to reality. Also, their first 8 games were all played at home. 

I just looked up Omaha’s non-conference schedule for this year and they face similar opposition-Long Island, St. Lawrence, Niagra, Alaska Fairbanks, and Lake Superior (the best of the bunch). Those teams’ combined record last year was, 64-98-16. 

A big risk to loading up your non-conference schedule with weak opponents is, if you lose it’s gotta be absolutely brutal to your pairwise ranking. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

So, remember last year how Omaha got out of the blocks with a 7-1 record and were ranked in the top 15? -their non-conference opposition was against nothing but cupcakes. When the Mavericks hit league play, they came back to reality. Also, their first 8 games were all played at home. 

I just looked up Omaha’s non-conference schedule for this year and they face similar opposition-Long Island, St. Lawrence, Niagra, Alaska Fairbanks, and Lake Superior (the best of the bunch). Those teams’ combined record last year was, 64-98-16. 

A big risk to loading up your non-conference schedule with weak opponents is, if you lose it’s gotta be absolutely brutal to your pairwise ranking. 

As I said earlier it gives their fans false hope! They play all these cupcakes, get a 7-1 record or whatever and then hit NCHC play and fall back into reality of being a completely average team. 

UND is their first NCHC opponent they play this season :whistling:

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

As I said earlier it gives their fans false hope! They play all these cupcakes, get a 7-1 record or whatever and then hit NCHC play and fall back into reality of being a completely average team. 

UND is their first NCHC opponent they play this season :whistling:

For our head to head conference record, we sure could use them winning those games instead of losing them.  Hopefully CC and Miami can improve non conference record as well.

2 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I think SLU, UAF, and LSSU will give them a run for their money this year.
And, evidently, Niagara too.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

For our head to head conference record, we sure could use them winning those games instead of losing them.  Hopefully CC and Miami can improve non conference record as well.

It was a good night for NCHC OOC today, aside from UNO's loss to Niagara.

DU beat #11 Notre Dame
CC beat UAA
Miami beat #15 UML
And, of course, UND beat HC.  :)