SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

1 hour ago, farce poobah said:

Big sweep by Mantanko over Duluth. 2-1 tonight. 

the NCHC preseason top three without a win on the weekend so far. DU trailing 2-0 late at UMass. 

Guess the demise of Minnesota State due to an exhibition loss to Omaha were overstated.

• Upvote 1

Watched the stream of the UAA vs UNLV games from the last two days. UNLV looked like a club team in the 8-0 loss Friday, but looked like a team that can hold their own in the Saturday 2-1 loss

I feel the move might be coming soon with two arenas they could use for home games. 

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

Why wouldn't they be?  Perennial power that is 2-2 with losses to a top tier team.  Are you arguing for higher or lower?

They shouldn’t have been ranked as high as they were to start the season. Not with that turnover. Wouldn’t even have made my top 10. 

3 minutes ago, tnt said:

So where do you pick them to finish in the league?

That’s the thing. I still pick them 3rd/4th in the league. I do not think Omaha and Western will be as good, and I don’t think CC is quite there to challenge either UMD or SCSU in the top 4. 

I don’t think they’ll be bad or anything but with all their turnover I just would not have had them as a top 5 team nationally at this point in the season. 

53 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

That’s the thing. I still pick them 3rd/4th in the league. I do not think Omaha and Western will be as good, and I don’t think CC is quite there to challenge either UMD or SCSU in the top 4. 

I don’t think they’ll be bad or anything but with all their turnover I just would not have had them as a top 5 team nationally at this point in the season. 

Top five, no, but I think any team top 3 in the NCHC should be a top ten contender.   Don't remember where they had us last year with 14 new guys, but it was probably top ten.  I think Western might surprise a bit, as I think they are well coached and still have a nice talent base. 

Frank Nazar, a Blackhawks 2022 first-round draft pick and University of Michigan freshman center, will have surgery to address a lower-body injury and will be out for the foreseeable future, Michigan interim coach Brandon Naurato said on Tuesday.

Nazar already was injured when he arrived for the school year, Naurato said. Nazar participated in Team USA’s World Junior camp and attended the Blackhawks’ development camp earlier this summer.

Naurato said Nazar will soon have the surgery and that his recovery timeline isn’t fully known yet. Nazar could potentially return in February, but there isn’t any guarantee he’ll return this season, according to Naurato.

https://theathletic.com/3705134/2022/10/18/frank-nazar-injury-blackhawks/?source=emp_shared_article

On 10/17/2022 at 1:12 PM, siouxforce19 said:

They shouldn’t have been ranked as high as they were to start the season. Not with that turnover. Wouldn’t even have made my top 10. 

Well according to Ciskie, a big part of that series was CCHA officials, so I've got the Dawgs ranked 1. 

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Well according to Ciskie, a big part of that series was CCHA officials, so I've got the Dawgs ranked 1. 

It always is the officials now isn’t it. They’ve gotten away with so much over the past 5 or so years that a by the book officiated game would appear to be a ‘travesty’ to them. They are honestly my least favorite team.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

I’m old enough to remember when Bruce Ciskie wasn’t a whiner.

Strike that…I’m actually not that old.  

At one point on Friday the shots were like 26-3.....and they end up losing by a touchdown.  

#butdareffs