SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

Sat night NCHC OOC action (5-2-0):

Miami 2 - Canisius 0
Denver 3 - Prov 2 OT (nice sweep of previous unbeaten Prov)
SCSU 4 - MSUM 3 (great result for SCSU, they remain unbeaten)
WMU 4 - Notre Dame 0 (big showdown with Michigan next weekend for WMU)
UND 5 - UMN 4 OT (noice)
UW 3 - UMD 0
ASU 6 - CC 1

Much better today for the OOC than yesterday.

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Michigan freshman forward Adam Fantilli:

6gp - 5-10--15

Geez, not a bad start to your collegiate career.  7pt weekend for him against LSSU.

Meh, @Godsmack put up 5 goals and had 10 assists in Train Wreck’s OPENING WEEKEND last Friday and Saturday.  Oh, along with 32 PIM’s…

8 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Cruikshank's success at St Cloud should be cited to recruit against the Gophers. He was forced to play bottom 6 wing there when he's a top 6 center.

On the recent GPL podcast with Brad Schlossman as their guest, the GPL guys basically said that Motzko didn’t have room for him given the # of high end recruits coming in. Sounds like he had no choice but to leave. Dang, wish either CC still had him or that UND could’ve snagged him. 

22 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Bag skate.  Noon. 

2:45 game at Magness today. Will be walking past the DU locker room rocking the green. I expect to run into some Pios players as rumor has it, coach Carle will have the boys watching Trainwreck from the stands to show them how the game is played. 

3 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

2:45 game at Magness today. Will be walking past the DU locker room rocking the green. I expect to run into some Pios players as rumor has it, coach Carle will have the boys watching Trainwreck from the stands to show them how the game is played. 

Coach Carle still doing his Sunday television show?

The Howdy Doody Show - Theme Song - YouTube

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/box/final/20221023/akf/uno/

That's a crap ton of penalties at the end of that OT game between UNO and UAF.

There was a fight during the handshake line, I guess the AD from Omaha was on the ice to break it up. I haven't seen the video of it yet. Looked like Weiss got a penalty during the celebration from the highlights of the game.

As is stands currently, the NCHC has the 3rd best Inter-Conference record.

• Big Ten: 28-10-2 (.725)
  • Hockey East: 23-11-2 (.667)
  • NCHC: 28-18-3 (.602)

What's really hurting the NCHC is their record against Atlantic Hockey (4-2), ECAC (0-3-1) and D-1 Independent (6-4). 

14 hours ago, cberkas said:

There was a fight during the handshake line, I guess the AD from Omaha was on the ice to break it up. I haven't seen the video of it yet. Looked like Weiss got a penalty during the celebration from the highlights of the game.

Will they figure out a way to give Kleven a penalty as a result of the fight between Omaha and UAA?;)

43 minutes ago, Blackheart said:

Will they figure out a way to give Kleven a penalty as a result of the fight between Omaha and UAA?;)

Instigating. 
They had to fight because they know Tyler Kleven is out there, ... waiting. 

Definitely instigating.

Thank goodness instigating is only a minor penalty ... unless your name rhymes with Klyler Teven. 

28 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Some of you I know don’t give 2 craps about my daughters UJ Jimmies women team but for those that do they spilt with the Minnesota Gophers ACHA D1 team this weekend losing Saturday 3-1 and coming from behind in the third to win Sunday 5-3. They are now 2-6. Baby steps 

You have every right to be proud! Not connected enough with womens hockey except for the Olympics. Don’t take no response as disrespect. If I did, I would go insane!!!:crazy:

• Like 2