SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

8 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

@The SicatokaI would also like to help assist with branding the hockey program in terms of jerseys.  I was thinking totally outside the box and something original and fresh:  black jerseys with red SCONNY going diagonally down the front with some red sleeve and hem stripes too.  Your thoughts? 

Exactly who would own the TM on SCONNY? @sioux rubedaughter? That's my assumption because I'm HC in name only in this gig. He's doing all the heavy lifting. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

First meeting will be the long haul on way to airport

gotta get the gobc behind us

We can't be seen with the gobc or UW might figure out they are merely step one of the hostile take-over and dismantling of the BTHC. After that we force the move of the US NTDP to REA. 

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

Wonder how many of their committed players open up their recruitment once again...and how many of their current players enter the portal.
Could be some decent players from both sides that Berry and Co could take a look at.

Charlie Stramel?

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

First meeting will be the long haul on way to airport

gotta get the gobc behind us

At first glance I thought you said, "First meeting will be in the back of a U-Haul on way to airport." And then I thought, "Hm, must be a designated driver thing." 

3 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

He would be a great get…guessing gophers are all over him 

True. He is from Rosemount, I believe (which, if you're reading this, Charlie, is beautiful this time of year). My only thought was that since Stramel didn't pick the Gophers to begin with...maybe there's a chance.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Why would Carle want to leave DU?? He is on top of the world and if he wanted to pursue NHL I am sure he could in a few years like his predecessor did.

The big 10 is getting closer and closer to that #1 league (it will come)…these are giant programs and that will continue to get more and more press.

2 hours ago, siouxweet said:

Why would Carle want to leave DU?? He is on top of the world and if he wanted to pursue NHL I am sure he could in a few years like his predecessor did.

He’s probably waiting for the amigo-money that CC comes calling with…

Mrs. @Godsmack could only hope, right? 

31 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

He’s probably waiting for the amigo-money that CC comes calling with…

Mrs. @Godsmack could only hope, right? 

If the rumors are true that Mayotte’s name is on Michigan’s shortlist, then yes perhaps CC would be in the hunt for a new coach. Not sure Carle would be crazy enough to leave DU for CC though. 

Monday’s USCHO podcast is available online and they’re chatting about Alaska and why they deserve to make the tournament. No judgement here, just relaying what those guys on the podcast are saying-Alaska had the 44th strongest strength of schedule versus Michigan State with the 4th toughest SOS. They’re saying Alaska got bonus points for quality wins against DU, Omaha, and Notre Dame and how regardless of how good or bad many of their opponents were, they took care of business. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Monday’s USCHO podcast is available online and they’re chatting about Alaska and why they deserve to make the tournament. No judgement here, just relaying what those guys on the podcast are saying-Alaska had the 44th strongest strength of schedule versus Michigan State with the 4th toughest SOS. They’re saying Alaska got bonus points for quality wins against DU, Omaha, and Notre Dame and how regardless of how good or bad many of their opponents were, they took care of business. 

Simple Math ©   I think they've earned the invite.  (Barring a bunch of conference tournament upsets.)

The PWR changes over the last 20 years have made it tougher for a team playing a really weak schedule to get in over a team playing in the top conferences.

Factoid of the day:  Alaska's SOS is #37 according to CHN's Power Ratings (aka Krach).  Pretty comparable to #31 Harvard.  Oh - Quinnipiac is at #41.   Anyone whining about Alaska being ranked too high by Simple Math needs to also justify why Harvard gets in. Just sayin'.

PS also, Alaska played just 13 home games & 21 road.  That's a lot of miles, and a lot of wear and tear.

• Upvote 1

Really impressive season for BU's Lane Hutson.  Not only does he lead all of Hockey East in scoring, but he is also the NCAA-leading dman in scoring.
As a freshman.

Just a ton of impressive freshmen this season in NCAA hockey.
Wonder how many of them will be one and done's.

5 minutes ago, cberkas said:

Providence beats UNH 2-1 OT (UNH eliminated)

BC beats UMass 5-2 (UMass eliminated)

Vermont beats Maine 4-2 (Maine eliminated)

Time to see if we can get that Morrow kid to transfer over to UND for a season or two.  ;) 

14 hours ago, brianvf said:

Really impressive season for BU's Lane Hutson.  Not only does he lead all of Hockey East in scoring, but he is also the NCAA-leading dman in scoring.
As a freshman.

Just a ton of impressive freshmen this season in NCAA hockey.
Wonder how many of them will be one and done's.

He’s so good