SiouxSports.com Forum

CC @ UND - NCHC Quarters

stoneySIOUX

Can't believe it's the playoffs. What a ride we've taken this year, eh?

Feeling confident we have everyone back next on Friday. Maybe not Sandy, but we could. Gaber and Frisch shouldn't have too much rust, and everything I've heard about Sandy in practice is that he's not missed a beat and actually looks better and more confident than he did before Bejing.

Take it in two and see ya at the X. Get it done.

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Can't believe it's the playoffs. What a ride we've taken this year, eh?

Feeling confident we have everyone back next on Friday. Maybe not Sandy, but we could. Gaber and Frisch shouldn't have too much rust, and everything I've heard about Sandy in practice is that he's not missed a beat and actually looks better and more confident than he did before Bejing.

Take it in two and see ya at the X. Get it done.

Any chance Hain plays again?

43 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I would really like to see this be over in two games but it seems like it goes to three with CC most of the time.

Pandemic won in 19-20. We swept them 15-16, 14-15, won in 3 in 13-14. Went back all the way to 05-06 before I stopped.

We should win this in two when comparing talent and skill on offense, defense, and goaltending. However, in two of the four games played against them this season, CC has really pressed. I thought they really pressured UND in the 3rd period of the Saturday night game at Robson and of course they came back from a 3-0 deficit to make things interesting in the Friday game at the Ralph. Don’t take CC lightly as despite their talent discrepancy, the players have and continue to play hard for their new coach, I saw that this past weekend against DU. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Godsmack said:

We should win this in two when comparing talent and skill on offense, defense, and goaltending. However, in two of the four games played against them this season, CC has really pressed. I thought they really pressured UND in the 3rd period of the Saturday night game at Robson and of course they came back from a 3-0 deficit to make things interesting in the Friday game at the Ralph. Don’t take CC lightly as despite their talent discrepancy, the players have and continue to play hard for their new coach, I saw that this past weekend against DU. 

I don't think this ideas is in this current team's DNA. They know they have to win with effort regardless of who they play.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

I don't think this ideas is in this current team's DNA. They know they have to win with effort regardless of who they play.

I really don’t either. I just know that unlike the past few years under Haviland, this year’s CC squad has been putting in maximum effort under coach Mayotte. I don’t think UND will take the foot off the pedal but hopefully they know CC will leave everything out on the ice. 

57 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Guessing this year will be a lost cause.  Hardship senior year next seaaon?

53 minutes ago, sioux24/7 said:

Doesn’t need the hardship, he can just come back due to Covid. Obviously, that’s a player and coaches decision. 

Yep, he's got the COVID year for sure. I think he'll be back. Just my opinion. 

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Don’t take CC lightly as despite their talent discrepancy, the players have and continue to play hard for their new coach, I saw that this past weekend against DU. 

And yet they couldn't help us out just a little bit by taking a single point on the weekend?? 

;)

54 minutes ago, brianvf said:

And yet they couldn't help us out just a little bit by taking a single point on the weekend?? 

;)

Ha ha nope!

But my point was, down 5-0 in the third I witnessed a hustle and compete level I wouldn’t have seen under the previous coaching staff. It was pleasantly surprising really. 

38 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Ha ha nope!

But my point was, down 5-0 in the third I witnessed a hustle and compete level I wouldn’t have seen under the previous coaching staff. It was pleasantly surprising really. 

They’ve always been a class act, often playing over their heads. I enjoy watching them play. Gonna be a good series.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, NCsiouxfan1733 said:

This weekend has 3 games written all over it sadly. I think it’ll come to Sunday night and Sanderson and Gaber will make their returns then to lead us to St Paul!

CC is pretty bad. It wasn’t so long ago that UND swept them playing 5 on the blue line the entire weekend. UND will sweep, but very interested on who will return to the lineup this weekend.

Will it be like last week where Berry will tell us that Gaber and Frisch will for sure play, and then they won’t at all? Also…if Gaber and Frisch would have played last weekend…would UND be sole NCHC champs rather than co-champs?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Will it be like last week where Berry will tell us that Gaber and Frisch will for sure play, and then they won’t at all? Also…if Gaber and Frisch would have played last weekend…would UND be sole NCHC champs rather than co-champs?

I don't ever recall another time where that situation has happened, does anyone? I found that so strange.