SiouxSports.com Forum

CC @ UND - NCHC Quarters

stoneySIOUX

Reminds me of 2011.  Totally different type of team, but the coaches were ultra cautious with injured guys down the stretch, wanting to be full strength when it mattered.  It worked for the regionals anyway. 

Also regarding injuries, if UND is fortunate enough to advance this weekend, WMU would be a risky opponent, given how heavy they are.  But most of all I'd worry about facing UMD, where page one of the playbook is run the other team's best player.  Ask Tucker Poolman. 

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, N of GF said:

A situation where a head coach isn't honest about his starting lineup? Really?

Not any head coach in any sport, but Berry. Yes really. You can name another time where he said injured player X would be back that weekend and they didn’t end up playing?

49 minutes ago, N of GF said:

A situation where a head coach isn't honest about his starting lineup? Really?

It was both a smart strategy and good business. Berry receives a $ bonus for winning the regular season so it was great for him that we won a share of the title on Friday. 

Also, if there is any question with a player physical health, especially difference making players, why would you play them in a game like last Saturday’s. I expect to see both Frisch and Gaber on Friday and Sanderson if he is ruled as healthy by Pooly or whomever makes those decisions. 

Good news, here. Gaber and Frisch in. Sanderson has the non-contact jersey off and could play.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/jake-sanderson-might-return-for-this-weekends-playoff-series-against-colorado-college

Bubbs even called out the idea that he said Gaber and Frisch were going to be in last week and doubled down and said they will be in this weekend. I expected playing Abate and the Red Cows had something to do with it.

2 hours ago, jk said:

Also regarding injuries, if UND is fortunate enough to advance this weekend, WMU would be a risky opponent, given how heavy they are.  But most of all I'd worry about facing UMD, where page one of the playbook is run the other team's best player.  Ask Tucker Poolman. 

or Cam Johnson via Neal Pionk. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Good news, here. Gaber and Frisch in. Sanderson has the non-contact jersey off and could play.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/jake-sanderson-might-return-for-this-weekends-playoff-series-against-colorado-college

Bubbs even called out the idea that he said Gaber and Frisch were going to be in last week and doubled down and said they will be in this weekend. I expected playing Abate and the Red Cows had something to do with it.

Last week he said 100% they would play.
This week he says "probably 100%":

"I was here last week and I told you they'd be in and they weren't (against Omaha)," Berry said. "But I can say, probably with 100 percent certainty, that both of those guys will be in."

Who knows then I guess.  ;) :D