SiouxSports.com Forum

Clown Week

stoneySIOUX

3 minutes ago, siouxfan512 said:

A sweep would go a long way for this team. I would really like to see a Friday night win; these boys need to get the weekend started right. Have to start limiting some of the dumb penalties.

St Cloud is approaching Red Army powerplay conversions at 34% so far this year, and killing them at 84%.   But 5x5, i think we will be just fine.

31 minutes ago, farce poobah said:

St Cloud is approaching Red Army powerplay conversions at 34% so far this year, and killing them at 84%.   But 5x5, i think we will be just fine.

I feel the same way against anyone. 

We gotta get the PP going again like it was early on. PK just hasn't been good enough.

12 minutes ago, iluvdebbies said:

St. Cloud has 20 PP goals on the year.

8 of them came the first weekend of the season, against St. Thomas

7 the first game.

Wow. So, 61 total power plays, 20 goals. Straight from the box scores on their team site, 6 for 9 on Friday. 1 for 3 on Saturday against St. Thomas. 7 PPGs in 12 attempts.

Since then, 49 power plays, 13 goals  -- 26.5%. Still really good, but not as good as against St. Thomas lol. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, siouxfan512 said:

A sweep would go a long way for this team. I would really like to see a Friday night win; these boys need to get the weekend started right. Have to start limiting some of the dumb penalties.

A sweep is a tall ask, especially since St. Cloud's coach said that they have been boiling about their sweep at the hands of Western Michigan when they last played two weeks ago.  UND better be ready to go on Friday, because I think St. Cloud has been primed to take out some of their frustrations from that last series.  

11 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Wow. So, 61 total power plays, 20 goals. Straight from the box scores on their team site, 6 for 9 on Friday. 1 for 3 on Saturday against St. Thomas. 7 PPGs in 12 attempts.

Since then, 49 power plays, 13 goals  -- 26.5%. Still really good, but not as good as against St. Thomas lol. 

You're not supposed to dig into the stats man. You're supposed to just take them at face value!

On 12/1/2021 at 6:09 PM, bcblues said:

I think we have speed.  WHEN the boys feel like playing fast, they are plenty quick. BUT, when they are in a funk, they play like molasses.

Neither of these two states of speed are necessarily dependent on the opponent either, it is something else in the team chemistry. Hopefully Brad and the rest of the coaching staff can bring out the best in the team.

Sanderson is no slouch in the speed department and skating agility.  I really feel our strength is our smothering defense. When we want to shut a team down we can do it and win 2-1 or 1-0 even.  I think low scoring games seem to favor us.  We'll see if we bring that smothering defense with this weekend.

1 minute ago, mmichaels said:

TV note - FOX9+ in the Twin Cities has both games this weekend. 9.2, old channel 29 (Dish, Direct), 10 on a lot of cable systems. 

Southwest suburbs in MSP will have the game on channel 807. (Comcast)