SiouxSports.com Forum

Exhibition vs Mayville (11/1)

SWSiouxMN

I think this game went about as I expected.  UND has several new players who need a few games to get their rhythm going.  Mayville probably has most of their players from last year.  I thought UND would win but not by much.

5 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

This is going to be one long, cold winter in Grand Forks. :angry:

I'm not ready to go that far.  They could bounce back and beat Milwaukee to start the season. 

However, there are some things to be concerned about just on listening to the radio and looking at the stats.

Hard to do a deep dive since you couldn't  watch it live. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I'm not ready to go that far.  They could bounce back and beat Milwaukee to start the season. 

However, there are some things to be concerned about just on listening to the radio and looking at the stats.

Hard to do a deep dive since you couldn't  watch it live. 

I suppose you are right. But after the horrible weekend we had in two sports, I am hungry for some good news. Barely beating Mayville Freaking State does not fit that description.

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Settle down you psychos.  This board sucks right now.

That is because most of our teams suck right now, across the board:

Our AD is practically invisible. Sometimes I forget we have one. And that is very concerning because:

VB: In the toilet.

WBB: In the toilet.

MBB: Barely beat Mayville Freaking State.

FB: Can't get out of their own way.

MH: Has potential, but is brutal to watch right now.

I think hockey has the best chance to turn into something special later in the year. And the basketball squads may end up being better than they look right now. But there aren't a lot of reasons to feel good about UND athletics right now. And that is very frustrating. And that does not make any of us psychos.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Our AD is practically invisible. Sometimes I forget we have one. And that is very concerning because:

So true, I was just telling my wife this the other day. 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Chaves on his way out soon. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I think hockey has the best chance to turn into something special later in the year. And the basketball squads may end up being better than they look right now. But there aren't a lot of reasons to feel good about UND athletics right now. And that is very frustrating. And that does not make any of us psychos.

it was an exhibition game where they played everyone, and damn near everyone was new.  ENJOY THE SEASON (Mike Tice voice)

11 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Soccer won 3 games this past season

Softball finished 17-33 in spring 2021

What adds to my frustration is that there was a time not that many years ago, MB, WB, and VB were excelling at high rates. Then throw in football being very frustrating, its getting hard to stay positive really at all about the state of UND athletics. I understand at the level of MBB, WBB, and VB being at one-bid leagues, they will have ups and downs, but the downs we are seeing, are well horrendous, so barely being Mayville, while in an exhibition, is alarming, and rightfully so. The rapid fall should be troublesome. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NoDaks said:

What adds to my frustration is that there was a time not that many years ago, MB, WB, and VB were excelling at high rates. Then throw in football being very frustrating, its getting hard to stay positive really at all about the state of UND athletics. I understand at the level of MBB, WBB, and VB being at one-bid leagues, they will have ups and downs, but the downs we are seeing, are well horrendous, so barely being Mayville, while in an exhibition, is alarming, and rightfully so. The rapid fall should be troublesome. 

That time was pre Schaffer and Kennedy.  During their time they cut mens baseball and golf, not to mention womens hockey.

They wanted to sell the golf course.  They deciminated and demoralized UND athletics.

• Downvote 1

The tough thing without being able to watch is not being able to see the flow and what type of looks the team was getting.  Where they good looks that they weren't knocking down, did the offense look good, where they playing great defense but the offense was just better for Mayville. Anybody go to the game?

Time to look forward to the season.  Have a week to get better and take on a decent Milwaukee squad who will be very hyped this season. 

BTW: They should have had a streaming option (just simucast the radio).

19 hours ago, UND1983 said:

Settle down you psychos.  This board sucks right now.

19 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

7 hours ago, northernraider said:

Soccer won 3 games this past season

Softball finished 17-33 in spring 2021

1 hour ago, Old Fella said:

That time was pre Schaffer and Kennedy.  During their time they cut mens baseball and golf, not to mention womens hockey.

They wanted to sell the golf course.  They deciminated and demoralized UND athletics.

It wasn't that long ago
https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/24560-big-sky-conference-quadrumvirate-2016-7/

Talked to a guy at work who went to the game last night. He’s normally a pretty positive guy, but said it could be a long season. He said the SU’s might beat us by 100. We might be one of the least athletic D1 teams in the country this year. If shots aren’t falling it could get ugly. He did say he liked how Bruns looked and wasn’t sure why he only got 3 min 

10 hours ago, UND1983 said:

it was an exhibition game where they played everyone, and damn near everyone was new.  ENJOY THE SEASON (Mike Tice voice)

I could understand this if playing a D2 team, but this was a NAIA team that had already lost to two other NAIA schools.