SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

9 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see Mankato/Harvard and UND/UMass in Worcester Massachusetts. 

I don't see them putting Mankato in Worcester with UMass and Harvard.  Essentially home games for them and they have precedent for protecting the 1 and 2 overall seeds from that.  I see Mankato in Albany.

11 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I see Mankato/Harvard and UND/UMass in Worcester Massachusetts. 

Agree - Harvard and UMass in Worcester will help attendance and it does not hinder bracket integrity. 

this is a Friday/Sunday site - March 25/27

17 minutes ago, Username Taken said:

You seem to be a UMD fanboy but yet want blue chippas. Can’t have it both ways. Who is the last UMD player make an impact at the NHL level? Why would anyone seeking the NHL committ to UMD? “Come to UMD where we will groom you into a 4th line defensive pker at best”. 

They’ve had really good commits lately tbh, some have just gotten to the nhl

issac Howard heading there next year. 

4 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

They’ve had really good commits lately tbh, some have just gotten to the nhl

issac Howard heading there next year. 

And people who don't think Duluth winning Natty's hurts us in recruiting are living in denial. Want to win a Natty? Go to Duluth. Want to have a couple of developmental years until the contract offers come rolling in? Go to UND. And some of our fans seem to think "UND in the NHL" is an acceptable alternative to hanging green banners. I am not one of them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And people who don't think Duluth winning Natty's hurts us in recruiting are living in denial. Want to win a Natty? Go to Duluth.

Duluth has the same number of national titles as Lake State.  They've won a couple recently, sure, but I still don't consider them a NCAA Hockey powerhouse when it comes to titles...maybe if they ever catch up to BC or UW, etc.
We'll see how UMD does next year...they lose at least 12 players off their team, including 4 of their top 6 scorers.  And that's not taking into account any early departures.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And people who don't think Duluth winning Natty's hurts us in recruiting are living in denial. Want to win a Natty? Go to Duluth. Want to have a couple of developmental years until the contract offers come rolling in? Go to UND. And some of our fans seem to think "UND in the NHL" is an acceptable alternative to hanging green banners. I am not one of them.

UMD has won 3 Nattys. 2011, 2018 and 2019. Let’s see them have some longevity over what say 60 yrs or so. This is a very ebb and flow, take for instance BC. What have they done lately. They used to win nattys every other year it seemed for awhile there. The fact that UMD does a nice job recruiting but they also have guys who seem to stay longer. This year UMD has a good number of seniors and some 5th yrs. They will have turnover next year and be in a similar position to us this year. 
Recruiting comes and goes I guess. Some years you do well and others maybe not as well. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bale31 said:

So....interesting tidbit. If Michigan doesn't dodge WMU in the GLI and loses. Here are the final pairwise results per the pairwise widget on CHN.

Results.jpg

Man I hope Western gets a chance to play Mel Pearson and his Michigan Chickens!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Unless it's someone from Duluth or the iron range, I like our odds against Duluth with recruits in head to head.

48 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Duluth has the same number of national titles as Lake State.  They've won a couple recently, sure, but I still don't consider them a NCAA Hockey powerhouse when it comes to titles...

Hi, I’m NCAA football “title powerhouse” Notre Dame…

…or would you rather be Georgia or Alabama in 2022?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Hi, I’m NCAA football “title powerhouse” Notre Dame…

…or would you rather be Georgia or Alabama in 2022?

Same with Michigan hockey:   6 of their 9 titles between 1948 and 1956 and one in '64.   2 Banners in the last 57 years.   Mich, though, probably deserves powerhouse rating based on overall tournament performance.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Unless it's someone from Duluth or the iron range, I like our odds against Duluth with recruits in head to head.

The Stillwater Ponies are holding on line 1…Noah Cates would have looked good in green and white.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, burd said:

Same with Michigan hockey:   6 of their 9 titles between 1948 and 1956 and one in '64.   2 Banners in the last 57 years.   Mich, though, probably deserves powerhouse rating based on overall tournament performance.  

That's michigan in every sport.  Dozens of titles but most of them before the cold war against teams that are essentially high schools now. 

• Upvote 4

Been tired all season of hearing from a ‘certain’ fan base how young they are!

Per CHN- 21/22 # of underclassmen (Fr/So) on roster of each tourney team.

SCSU- 8      QU- 10     MN- 11       Irish- 11               
UMD- 11      AIC- 12    MSU- 12     MTU- 13         
UMass- 13  UML- 13  Harvard- 15   NE- 15    MI- 15       Sioux- 16     DU- 17      WM- 19

26 minutes ago, thUNDer said:

Been tired all season of hearing from a ‘certain’ fan base how young they are!

Per CHN- 21/22 # of underclassmen (Fr/So) on roster of each tourney team.

SCSU- 8      QU- 10     MN- 11       Irish- 11               
UMD- 11      AIC- 12    MSU- 12     MTU- 13         
UMass- 13  UML- 13  Harvard- 15   NE- 15    MI- 15       Sioux- 16     DU- 17      WM- 19

I was surprised by the number of W. Michigan Underclassmen.  I went and counted there roster and they have 31 players on the roster, so they have a bunch of upperclassmen also.  That is a lot of healthy scratches.    

13 minutes ago, Big Green said:

I was surprised by the number of W. Michigan Underclassmen.  I went and counted there roster and they have 31 players on the roster, so they have a bunch of upperclassmen also.  That is a lot of healthy scratches.    

Agreed, was simply saying average age is often an excuse as to why some disparage others for having older players while puffing their chests as to their greatness or lack of it.

21 minutes ago, Big Green said:

All those covid seniors coming back means we have a ton of players.  I didn't realize it was THAT many, but hopefully that means the future is bright.