SiouxSports.com Forum

2022 FB Recruiting

UND Fan

17 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Theoretically supporters could pinch in and offer a recruit money as part of the nil?? A wealthy supporter can legally do this if I understand correctly.

Sadly yes they can. They can even do this for our walk in’s so they technically won’t be without a scholarship. 

13 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

What’s that saying about offensive linemen? 

getting excited for the coming year 

Our offensive line wasn’t perfect last year but they almost and should have beaten one of the semi finalist teams in the playoffs. These new additions should make us even better!

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

Our offensive line wasn’t perfect last year but they almost and should have beaten one of the semi finalist teams in the playoffs. These new additions should make us even better!

Actually two semifinalists.  I think they should have gotten both SUs but them's the breaks.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Theoretically supporters could pinch in and offer a recruit money as part of the nil?? A wealthy supporter can legally do this if I understand correctly.

It should be a Sioux Sports fund.  Let's by a player!!  I don't think it's tax deductible though.  The player must make 1 post a year to be eligible.

• 3 weeks later...

CHAVES needs to get his head out of his you-know-what and start leading.  Guy is a empty suit just coasting and doing the bare minimum... I've emailed him in the past about how embarrassingly outdated our athletics website is, which still includes Media Info about FSN for example, has tons of incorrect or outdated info in numerous areas of the drop down menus, and dead links from the main drop down menus...   This here is another example... what the #!

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2011/5/3/205146325.aspx
"Student-Athletes are permitted to provide autographs at fanfests, autograph nights, and special events deemed by the UND Athletic Department as well as during their personal time, but at no time can these autographs be used for monetary gain. Compensating student-athletes for their autograph or a photo will result in a NCAA violation that affects the student-athlete's eligibility and chance to compete for UND."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

Not an issue for Bubba or other coaches

Please explain why not?  That's literally one click to get there from und's website.  Say a transfer is looking at potential schools and reads that.. how does that look good for UND or do anything but hurt? 

Here's the link to the UND Alumni Foundation... no biggie... not like there is any info about fundraising for phase two anywhere whatsoever anyways... https://undalumni.org/page.aspx?pid=368&errorid=16741238

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

CHAVES needs to get his head out of his you-know-what and start leading.  Guy is a empty suit just coasting and doing the bare minimum...

Some of your criticisms are valid, and if you want to start with the AD for issues on the website, go for it. It's his department to run so I guess things roll uphill. But, just my opinion from what I've seen and know of things, you're overall sentiment is incredibly far from accurate.

I'd be curious, did he take time to respond and if so, what was his response?
Losing Mitch Wigness to the Alumni Foundation was a huge blow to the department and I doubt those shows have been anywhere close to filled. They could also use a couple extra employees to handle some of this stuff but there are budget limitations from keeping them from doing so.

7 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Some of your criticisms are valid, and if you want to start with the AD for issues on the website, go for it. It's his department to run so I guess things roll up hil. But your overall sentiment is far from accurate.

Losing Mitch Wigness to the Alumni Foundation was a huge blow to the department and I doubt those shows have been anywhere close to filled. They could also use a couple extra employees to handle some of this stuff but there are budget limitations from keeping them from doing so.

I was wrong.  Looking back, it looks like I sent the message through DM on Twitter, rather than email.  I actually pm'd Wigness instead of Chaves, either because I thought Wigness was the best person to contact or because Chave's turned off his DM's.  I complained about a bunch of this stuff this spring, and in fairness to Mitch, I sent him a direct link to my post on the same day I posted it.  This is the link in my pm to him: https://t.co/mY0i1ZzbPL

image.thumb.png.a98d71f89391cffaffabe21e32957220.png

image.png.46f404278fe98e79a8e4369264afe659.png

57 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Some of your criticisms are valid, and if you want to start with the AD for issues on the website, go for it. It's his department to run so I guess things roll uphill. But, just my opinion from what I've seen and know of things, you're overall sentiment is incredibly far from accurate.

Sorry to drift this thread so off track.  Fixing most of the issues don't take much time - literally just deleting links from the dropdown menu that are about old information or are to web pages that aren't maintained/updated.  Takes like 30 seconds.  

46 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Sorry to drift this thread so off track.  Fixing most of the issues don't take much time - literally just deleting links from the dropdown menu that are about old information or are to web pages that aren't maintained/updated.  Takes like 30 seconds.  

Have you ever thought about an unpaid internship? Would look great on your resume!! :)

What I do appreciate is that we have a passionate fan base, even though I don't always agree on sentiment or opinions. And I do absolutely agree that things can get better.
I've send messages about similar issues I've come across as well. I've almost always had a positive response. While not great that some things need to be pointed out, it is at encouraging that things that are being brought to their attenion are addressed and in a timely manner.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nodak651 said:

Please explain why not?  That's literally one click to get there from und's website.  Say a transfer is looking at potential schools and reads that.. how does that look good for UND or do anything but hurt? 

Here's the link to the UND Alumni Foundation... no biggie... not like there is any info about fundraising for phase two anywhere whatsoever anyways... https://undalumni.org/page.aspx?pid=368&errorid=16741238

NCAA rules is an AD level enforcement for all activities. Then the coaches support the AD’s position. Report offenses, follow whatever policy the school has on discipline, etc. Needs to be fair across the board , IMHO.

• 2 weeks later...