SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am from Moorhead ad follow hockey very closely. Jordy made the line up because Cory Johnson injured himself in football and will be out for a while once cory gets back into the line up jordy will be moved down to the 4th line, or even see some JV playing time. jordy has skill, he moves his feet like you wouldnt believe and never gets tired. Brian Lee is amazing- talked to him yesterday befor the game and he said the knee is fine-- hes good to go. Ammerman (defence #4) is also very good- lots of potential. #19 loos is fast and probably is someone to watch. Becker had oppertunities upon oppertunities last night-- but couldnt make anything happen its too bad! Bemidji was not very good - obviously 6shots but i thought they did well for what they were up against. moorheads good.

Hey guys Poncho here, had my June send me some highlights over the computer, boy can that Brian Lee play eh? Im glad we got this boy before the boys east of the red got a chance. Hopefully all our recruits do well and stay safe. They all need to wear rubbers to we dont need a kid to throw them off or some raging STD's. And they need to stay off the bad stuff like pot brownies and snuff. They're at a hard time, hopefully they all show up clean and ready to play good hockey for our sioux.

Hopefully all our recruits do well and stay safe.  They all need to wear rubbers to we dont need a kid to throw them off or some raging STD's.  And they need to stay off the bad stuff like pot brownies and snuff.  They're at a hard time, hopefully they all show up clean and ready to play good hockey for our sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh? ???

Hey guys Poncho here, had my June send me some highlights over the computer, boy can that Brian Lee play eh?  Im glad we got this boy before the boys east of the red got a chance.  Hopefully all our recruits do well and stay safe.  They all need to wear rubbers to we dont need a kid to throw them off or some raging STD's.  And they need to stay off the bad stuff like pot brownies and snuff.  They're at a hard time, hopefully they all show up clean and ready to play good hockey for our sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can anyone here translate jive?

Hey guys Poncho here, had my June send me some highlights over the computer, boy can that Brian Lee play eh?  Im glad we got this boy before the boys east of the red got a chance.  Hopefully all our recruits do well and stay safe.  They all need to wear rubbers to we dont need a kid to throw them off or some raging STD's.  And they need to stay off the bad stuff like pot brownies and snuff.  They're at a hard time, hopefully they all show up clean and ready to play good hockey for our sioux.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey guys Moorhead puck bunny here, I have raging STD's. :p???

WTF? :huh:

I went to the game last night. Lee is easily the best player out there. He is very smooth. Never gets rattled. He looks very effortless..

I agree with this assessment. Moorhead has quite a few kids who are potentially capable of playing D1 hockey, but Lee is the best. His physical makeup, skating, puck handling, and smooth style reminds me most of a young James Patrick.

I saw a highlight of the GFC game from last night that featured a spectacular rush and assist by (I think) Marto. Wow!

I think the Sioux will need highly skilled offensive d-men to compete with Minnesota. They've got a good start with Radke this year and Lee and Chorney coming in. Marto could possibly fit the bill.

I agree with this assessment. Moorhead has quite a few kids who are potentially capable of playing D1 hockey, but Lee is the best. His physical makeup, skating, puck handling, and smooth style reminds me most of a young James Patrick.

I saw a highlight of the GFC game from last night that featured a spectacular rush and assist by (I think) Marto. Wow!

I think the Sioux will need highly skilled offensive d-men to compete with Minnesota. They've got a good start with Radke this year and Lee and Chorney coming in. Marto could possibly fit the bill.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Lee will step right into the college game without missing a beat. He is like a man among boys in the high school game. He will be a great addition to what will be a very young d corps next year. As far as Radke, the jury is still out. You would think by luck he would have at least one stinkin point on the year. For a supposed offensive d-man, zero points on the year is not too good so far. Especially when you see how well some of the other rookie d-men in the WCHA are doing. The games I have seen, he does not look comfortable out there and is having a hard time adjusting to the speed of the game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Huh? What? ???

I don't know how many people saw James Patrick his first season here, but even some Sioux players were questioning how he was a high draft pick the first half of the year, then the second half he exploded. Not saying Radke will do the same, but it is a bigger adjustment for some players. Doesn't mean they won't turn out to be as good as, if not better than players that are ripping it up early. Give Radke a chance to blend into his surroundings. Seems like that is the philosophy of Hakstol. Hope is a good thing, I'm not so sure the same thing can be said of high expectations.

The Sioux have been watching Jordy for several years now.  He attends UND hockey camps and Blaiser first told me about Jordy two or three years ago.  I'd be surprised if he plays 4th line or JV this year.  Even though Mhd is loaded, you don't put a kid with his talent on the JV team.

If he is good enough he will crack the line up. But when you have senior forwards like Becker, Vandeveldie, Loos, Johnson, Clukey, and Fisher it is going to be hard to get playing time. All six of these seniors are legitimate D1 prospects. Four of the six are currently visiting campuses (or have committed).

With Johnson out for a few weeks Christian should see some more varsity ice time but i highly doubt he will see the ice time these other guys get this season.

About Radke, I remember when Paul Martin came to the MN I wasn't that impressed with him his first year. He didn't score a lot of points, and I didn't think he looked all that comfy with the puck. I believe his first year he was told to concentrate on learning D1 defensive hockey, and once he was acclimated his offense began to shine. We know how that turned out.

I'm not saying Radke will be in Martin's class. I'm thinking he was such an offensive force in the AJHL that he may be working hard on his defense right now and offense isn't something he's thinking about while on the ice. I think even Berry said earlier this year he has to learn to play D first.

So, I'll take a long term perspective on Radke's situation and see how it turns out.

In addition, let's not forget how few points we had from any of our defensemen before this past weekend.

Kozek featured in an article on the recent Surrey swoon.

Surrey Eagles sniper Andrew Kozek scored six goals in three weekend games, and has 14 points in his last six outings

The three games were all losses for Surrey. Here is the full article.

Duncan was also featured in the Vancouver Province sports section, Tuesday, NOv 30 addition (Shifty C learned from Crosby). Unfortunately, have not yet been able to find the free version of the story.

If Jordy Christian goes down to the fourth line i think that stinks. My reason is because he is a player that has went grew through the moorhead youth program and he may lose his spot to a tranfer. That is the reason I HATE tranfers, is because it takes a locals spot away. Even if its not Jordy who loses his spot someone will. I thought a great program like Moorhead wouldn't need transfers.

Hey guys Poncho here, just referring to one of my previous posts on here i got a little vulgar and said some things that should be kept under the sheets. I'm just bitter my grandson Ryan from Wayzata, Minnesota recently got a minor in possession of alcohol and i guess i just sort of through my anger out into that post about the way the youth of this country is going. I hope i live to see the day when teenage kids with there lives in front of them dont go and throw it all away just so they can grind a drunk chick to an NWA cd. Again im very embarrassed with the words i chose to use and apologize with the greatest sincerity to those offended.