SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2004/05 Updates

jk

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very unofficially, I think this gives Oshie a 13-20-33 line in 8 games. If BCHL points are "easy" to rack up, then MN HS Class A points should really be discounted. I'm sure most Division 1 forward recruits could clean up in MN HS competition. That said, Oshie's performance so far this year has been impressive, and makes his arrival in a year or two something to look forward to.

Did anyone go to that Moorhead/White Bear Lake games yesterday? That game was really good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Bears started out well, which is not the norm. Moorhead is strong and fast. With Lee and Johnson back for the State run, they should be the prohibitive favorite. I thought the teams were well matched. A knuckle puck floating over the shoulder of the WBL goalie won it for the Spuds. Essentially, I thought the teams played even, with the floater being the only difference. That Loos, What a goon! :0 . Seriously, he ws very noticeable on both ends of the ice. I thought he was had a bigger presence than Ammerman or VanVelde.

Bears might have gotten a little tired in the 3rd after playing 16 hours earlier in GF Friday night. But it's a good test. It's like playoff hockey.

Big game in Minnesota HS tomorrow Jefferson Vs Wayzata in Bloomington. It will be worth attending.

Yeah, Bears started out well, which is not the norm. Moorhead is strong and fast. With Lee and Johnson back for the State run, they should be the prohibitive favorite. I thought the teams were well matched. A knuckle puck floating over the shoulder of the WBL goalie won it for the Spuds. Essentially, I thought the teams played even, with the floater being the only difference. That Loos, What a goon! :0 . Seriously, he ws very noticeable on both ends of the ice. I thought he was had a bigger presence than Ammerman or VanVelde.

Bears might have gotten a little tired in the 3rd after playing 16 hours earlier in GF Friday night. But it's a good test. It's like playoff hockey.

Big game in Minnesota HS tomorrow Jefferson Vs Wayzata in Bloomington. It will be worth attending.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Way off topic as he isn't a named recruit, but is the Connelly from WBL (he had a hat trick against GFRR on Friday) the younger brother to Brendan and Ryan?

Way off topic as he isn't a named recruit, but is the Connelly from WBL (he had a hat trick against GFRR on Friday) the younger brother to Brendan and Ryan?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cousin actually (according to my cousin anyway). He looked good, but was listed at 5-8 and looked smaller than that.

Cory is kind of a goon :0 But he goes to the net harder than anyone and creates a lot of chances. I'm excited to see him play juniors next year. I imagine his nose will be about 40 degrees off center after a year in the USHL.

Did anyone go to that Moorhead/White Bear Lake games yesterday? That game was really good.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I went to it. The boys in black sure missed Lee. They looked out of sync on the power play and WBL had plenty of chances on rebounds that Lee would have either cleared, or taken the WBL player out of the play. I heard WBL is 6th in the state, so it's nice to see Moorhead can still play up to that level without their top guys around. Not sure how Vandevelde did. But solidly I'm sure. :0

Cousin actually (according to my cousin anyway). He looked good, but was listed at 5-8 and looked smaller than that.

Cory is kind of a goon :0 But he goes to the net harder than anyone and creates a lot of chances. I'm excited to see him play juniors next year. I imagine his nose will be about 40 degrees off center after a year in the USHL.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

JLoos,

Pat Connelly is the youngest of the Connelly boys. According to his mom and dad, he is indeed the younger brother of Ryan and Brendon. :D

And I meant 'goon' in in the nicest way possible ;) . Your cousin seemed to be in the middle of every play at both ends of the rink. I noticed #19 involved in the game more than any other skater on the Spuds. Maybe they'll play again at the Schwann's Cup.

Yeah, I went to it. The boys in black sure missed Lee. They looked out of sync on the power play and WBL had plenty of chances on rebounds that Lee would have either cleared, or taken the WBL player out of the play. I heard WBL is 6th in the state, so it's nice to see Moorhead can still play up to that level without their top guys around. Not sure how Vandevelde did. But solidly I'm sure. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bears wore black. Were you really at the game? :0

And I meant 'goon' in in the nicest way possible :D .  Your cousin seemed to be in the middle of every play at both ends of the rink.  I noticed #19 involved in the game more than any other skater on the Spuds.  Maybe they'll play again at the Schwann's Cup.

I'm pretty sure he'd take 'goon' as a compliment :D Thanks for the clarification with Connelly. Brad Berry and Bob Motzko were at the game (standing together no less :0 ), I'm sure Connelly was one of the kids they were looking at.

Cory isn't drafted by a USHL team, but if he keeps playing well I would expect he will be picked in the next draft. Gifford wasn't picked until after his senior year. I don't think VandeVeldie has been picked up yet either. At least he didn't play anywhere before the HS season. I'm not 100% sure how the USHL works now, they used to just have 'protected' HS teams, but since they have the draft now I think they did away with that.

Bears wore black. Were you really at the game? :0

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh....that explains why the boys in black had White Bear Lake on the front of their jerseys. I guess I should have referred to the Spuds as "The boys in home whites with orange and black trim" My bad, I always seem to mess up on the littlest of details. As Chris Farley would so appropiately put, "I'm such an idiot!!!" :D

Okposo's teams at Shattuck have produced their share of hardware, but over the past two seasons, they came up short in the 18-and-under national finals.

"I have two runner-up national championships," he said. "I'd like to change that this year."

If college recruiting is any indication, that could happen. Defenseman Taylor Chorney has committed to North Dakota, forward Kevin Deeth to Notre Dame and forward Michael Gergen to Minnesota-Duluth. Forward Jonathan Toews is headed to North Dakota or Wisconsin.

But unlike those seniors, Okposo has another year to think about college.

"I've narrowed it down a little bit," he said. "I'm just going to talk with the coaches and see what they think is best, and talk with my family and see what they think. The coaching obviously has to be good, and I just want to have fun. College should be fun. Obviously a good team. My parents would like me to stay close to home, but I'm looking out East, too. We'll see."

His parents, who met at the University of Minnesota, say they'd like to see Kyle play there. But the decision will be Kyle's, his dad said.

Okposo occasionally shakes his head about the attention he has received, saying that when people start telling him how good he is, he sometimes wonders if "they just want something from you."

Interesting about Toews, considering his MJ draft position. However, if he is looking at college for a year or two, it would comport with his parents background in education.

I've heard that Okposo has dreams of "Crimson" in his eyes. :D:0